• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Amirsacc
    Amirsacc

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1009 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm having some trouble with my Xbox, I don't know how to play 2 players on Xbox. I haven't been able to play it 2 players ever, so this isn't the first time this is happening. How do I play with another player?

Register or log in to remove.

welsh_cled

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

I've never really tried it but I think you need to be using a HD TV for it, there might be something about it on the how to section in the game itself.

j0nxy
    j0nxy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

It what way do you mean with 2 people?

If you mean split screen, if you have wired controllers, make sure they're both plugged in and go to play Minecraft like you normally would and join the world you want to play in. Once you're in the world you want to play in, turn on the second controller, once the controller is on, and synced, you should see something appear on your screen saying something a bit like: "Press start to add another player" I can't remember exactly what it says but it is something along those lines. That's how you can get two players playing together with split screen.

To play with 2 people with Xbox live, when you're about to load your world make sure you have 'Online game' selected, have 'friends of friends' selected if your friend is going to invite something who isn't on your friends list. Lastly, if you have 'Invite only' selected then you will need to go onto their Xbox live gamer tag and invite them to the game. If you don't have 'Invite only' selected then they should be able to just join.

Hope this has helped.

EDIT: I have just seen the post above mine. I'm not sure if using HDMI does make any difference at all, but just to add I do use HD.

Edited by j0nxy, 19 October 2012 - 04:15 PM.

Dragonogs

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

You need a HD tv and a £2 HDMI cable from ebay. Theres no need to pay £/$ 15.

cawshis
    cawshis

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

HDMI does make a difference for split-screen play.  You cannot play MC split-screen without an HDMI hookup.

Amirsacc
    Amirsacc

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1009 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

Yeah I've got an HDMI hookup. My Xbox is connected to my TV with and HDMI cable, so I think its in HD.

Tamorr
    Tamorr

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2851 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

it has to be 720p HD to be more exact. If it is not in that resolution than it will not let you play splitscreen...

There should be a way to setup it in the xbox settings.

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--

pikachief

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

720p +

HDMI does not matter. My xbox doesnt even have an HDMI port and i play it splitscreen almost everyday lol
"Only the trees which you know  are  not trees for food you may destroy and cut down, to build siegeworks against the city that makes war with you, until it is subdued." (Deuteronomy 20:20 NKJV)

Mustache_Guy
  • Minecraft: McAngusYoung

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

View Postpikachief, on 19 October 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

720p +

HDMI does not matter. My xbox doesnt even have an HDMI port and i play it splitscreen almost everyday lol
Yeah, splitscreen can be done with component cables or HDMI. All that matters is that it's outputting in HD.
Lucifer - "So you're willing to die for a pile of cockroaches? Why?"
Gabriel - "Because dad was right. They are better than us."
Lucifer - "They are broken, flawed, abortions!"
Gabriel - "Damn right they're flawed, but a lot of them try to do better."