Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1385 posts
  • Minecraft: _Davve_

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image

Mine-imator is an easy-to-use animation studio for all your Minecraft movie making needs!

Import mobs, items, blocks and schematic files and animate them using keyframes! When you are done with your animation, you can export it as an .avi file for you to upload to sites like Youtube.

Mine-imator is not yet finished, but an early Beta version is available for free.
By downloading, trying it out and giving opinions, suggestions and complaints,
you are helping the evolution of this program!

The program is quite popular, with well over 600,000 downloads since late August 2012 and thousands of creations uploaded to Youtube.

Download Mine-imator from my website

Please read the F.A.Q. before asking a question.
All common questions are answered there.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

killercroc72

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

First! And glad that you will get more Mine--imator downloads from this!

ilikecutepeople

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Huge supporter! Keep up the good work dude!

mongoose018

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:36 PM

awsome :D

Kovu
    Kovu

Memory Returned

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 5325 posts
  • Minecraft: Rainfur

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

Nice.
Good job, keep improving. :)
Posted Image

ShawnEyBoy
    ShawnEyBoy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • Minecraft: viduong

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

I hope you add bendable body parts soon. Also, please in future versions please keep it simple, that should attract large crowds that will be downloading. Keeping it simple will also reduce lag whilst using the program.
I love the program, keep it up!
If you're going to reply to my post, quote it. Snip it if the post is too long. I don't keep track of what threads I've participated in.
Like creepypastas? I do too. Check out this Facebook page centered around creepypastas that my friends and I manage.

jasper1412

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

hey

Dave love your programs mine-imator its my personal best but i appreciate the work gone into Minecraft noteblock studio. i have visited the site on may occasions to look for support but all i can find is the videos by skidude and well sadly i still get a block screen 1 second video, i don't minimise or click anything, how can i fix this?

Also a quick improvement: Have basic .mani files stored so people can have a basic start and edit if from there

Posted Image

ShawnEyBoy
    ShawnEyBoy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

How do I make the camera switch to another point INSTANTLY? Whenever I make the camera switch a point it usually rotates or moves there. I need to make it so that it is like it switches from 1 camera to another. Please help.
If you're going to reply to my post, quote it. Snip it if the post is too long. I don't keep track of what threads I've participated in.
Like creepypastas? I do too. Check out this Facebook page centered around creepypastas that my friends and I manage.

AdduxP
    AdduxP

Dial M for Murder

• Retired Staff
  • 5464 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Good lord. First the Minecraft Note Block Studio, now this. Please don't knock yourself out.

EDIT: Tried it, seems great. A little documentation would be nice, since I've never animated anything before.

Posted Image

I also used to have links to my Twitter and Steam profiles here but Black Ice is much more important c:

Davve
    Davve

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1385 posts
  • Minecraft: _Davve_

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

View Postvietduong128, on 04 November 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

How do I make the camera switch to another point INSTANTLY? Whenever I make the camera switch a point it usually rotates or moves there. I need to make it so that it is like it switches from 1 camera to another. Please help.
Change the transition to "Instant".

Posted Image

billybobjoeaglt
  • Minecraft: Billybobjoeaglt

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

Can you make this easier to download and start for mac?
[youtubesubscribe]MCIBillybobjoe[/youtubesubscribe]

nexonoid
    nexonoid

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • Minecraft: nexonoid
  • Xbox:Nexonoid

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

how i can import my own models WITHOUT being a schematic?
Posted Image

GAMERM
    GAMERM

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Minecraft: Gamer_M
  • PSN:Gamer___M

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

cool what about u add multiple video formats,

I Just Got One of These Internet things

Posted Image

^CAN I HAVE A CLICK PLEASE!^

nemisisx
    nemisisx

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

View Postjasper1412, on 03 November 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

hey

Dave love your programs mine-imator its my personal best but i appreciate the work gone into Minecraft noteblock studio. i have visited the site on may occasions to look for support but all i can find is the videos by skidude and well sadly i still get a block screen 1 second video, i don't minimise or click anything, how can i fix this?

Also a quick improvement: Have basic .mani files stored so people can have a basic start and edit if from there

I have the same black screen and 1 second videos ...i need help with that also :(

HalfCat
    HalfCat

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: TheYoshifan13

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

When I start the program, it says:
for object obj_control:

Error defining an external function.

And then the same again, and again, and again... When I later try to export my animation as AVI, it says "Choose the codec to use. These will differ depending on what's installed on your computer. You are strongly advertised not to pick any options marked "Uncompressed"." Then, instead if letting me choose a codec, it says "The program will now start running through your animation and save it, DO NOT exit or minimize Mine-imator during this process! You can see the progress at the top of the window.". So I can't export animations to AVI. :(

ShawnEyBoy
    ShawnEyBoy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 957 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

View Postnexonoid, on 04 November 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

how i can import my own models WITHOUT being a schematic?
impossible. i believe only schematics will import to minimator

View PostHalfCat, on 07 November 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

When I start the program, it says:
for object obj_control:

And then the same again, and again, and again... When I later try to export my animation as AVI, it says "Choose the codec to use. These will differ depending on what's installed on your computer. You are strongly advertised not to pick any options marked "Uncompressed"." Then, instead if letting me choose a codec, it says "The program will now start running through your animation and save it, DO NOT exit or minimize Mine-imator during this process! You can see the progress at the top of the window.". So I can't export animations to AVI. Posted Image

try waiting till the rendering/animation screen thingy is done. at the end it'll be made a AVI.
the reason that it wont let u make a codec is cuz u probably only have 1 codec thingy?
im not sure but i hope this helps

View Postnemisisx, on 06 November 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

I have the same black screen and 1 second videos ...i need help with that also Posted Image

i dunno how to solve the black screen problem but the 1 second videos are probably because you dont spread the keyframes out. i know because when i first made my test animation i saw that it was faster than it was when i tested it in mineimator.
when you press space or somethign else to preview it in mineimator its slower than it really is.
think differently

View PostDavve, on 04 November 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Change the transition to "Instant".
thanks dave

HatsyaSouji
  • Minecraft: HatsyaSouji

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I wish I can import my Techne models, and even Mo 'Creatures models to this app. I'd like to make a MUV-LUV-themed Minecraft War with them.

Phneu
    Phneu

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

I downloaded it and used it for 2 days then it broke and had this code on its error page

ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game Start
for object obj_control:

Can some one help me?

shinyjiggly
  • Minecraft: shinyjiggly

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:09 AM

I have a very noobish question to ask here: how exactly would I go about creating a standard explosion effect? I don't particularly need the details on making the crater (should be possible with instantaneous movement keyframes), just how to make a burst of particle stuff.

Thank you very much for making such a wonderful animation program, Davve.
Posted Image
Posted Image

SuperZac said:

Syncronyze said:

WOAH, WAIT. Our eyes take pictures? Please tell me I can recover these pictures from another person.
You have to stick a thumb drive up their nose, drag and drop the pictures onto it, and then load them through your ear.

ben246135
  • Minecraft: atrohumter

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

View Postshinyjiggly, on 16 November 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

I have a very noobish question to ask here: how exactly would I go about creating a standard explosion effect? I don't particularly need the details on making the crater (should be possible with instantaneous movement keyframes), just how to make a burst of particle stuff.

Thank you very much for making such a wonderful animation program, Davve.
I just make 100s of tiny white wool blocks and move them! :D Not a nooby question at all! :D

I made a video of my charicter having a gun fight with an enderman, in mineimator, hope you like! :D

Posted Image