• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

error need help

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

cherrickb

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

my pc is hard wired into my modem with an ethernet cable and experiences these issues ... can't stay on any server for more than a few seconds.

Register or log in to remove.

acegammer5

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'm having the same problem.  I'm on a wired connection and typically playing on a friend's dedicated server.  It'll happen serveral times in a row, then it'll be fine for the better part of an hour.  Then it'll happen again.

I run no mods, and this problem started after the recent update.  Any help would be appreciated.

brewski118
    brewski118

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:46 AM

Having the same issue here... run lots of mods, but have done 3 or 4 clean installs and clean installs of 64bit java and now running my antimalware software. all multiplayer server lag, most not enough to make much of a difference. But the server I run (hosted by volt) i have huge amounts of lag on, then just kicks me and i get the error. running w8.

also found this...

http://winscp.net/en...onnection_abort

brewski118
    brewski118

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

found this on the wiki... i think it might be the issue

[!!] [SMP] Unexpected Extreme Client-Side lag occurring upon entering unloaded chunks or chunks loading extremely slowly. Freezes and/or crashes if remained in chunks for a long period of time. Also occurs in 1.4.2 Bukkit servers with the recommended build.

brewski118
    brewski118

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

been doing reading on day and trying to get this fixed... and i think its just an issue with 1.4.2 so maybe when 1.4.4 comes out in a few days the issue will be fixed

acegammer5

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

Still no fix to be found.  I have tried all firewall options/exceptions/turning it on/off.  Same with anti-virus.

TMGGAMER
    TMGGAMER

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Minecraft: Guysimtristan
  • Xbox:Guysimtristan

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:37 AM

That error happens to me when i updated my minecraft to 1.4.2 :P I think this is a major error :(
Posted Image

brewski118
    brewski118

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

http://www.minecraft...ki/Issues/1.4.2

i think its a bug of 1.4.2

acegammer5

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

https://mojang.atlas...1#comment-21325

Upvote this issue and add your story.

acegammer5

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

https://mojang.atlas...l#comment-21440

Prior "issue" was marked as duplicate and focus moved to another issue. Again, please upvote and tell your stroy.

TisButAScratch

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

I'm having this issue now.However, it is only happening on one server. Sometimes it does log into it, but all i see is a blue void and i get disconected "end of stream".

WebRep

Overall rating

This site has no rating
(not enough votes)

IceTundra6

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:27 AM

So I started playing minecraft again and it's still happening to me, I've literally tried everything suggested, I even bought a new router. This is absolutely ridiculous considering it ONLY disconnects from minecraft server, I can run every other game fine. I am desperate for an answer on how to solve this.

DeltaForce9
  • Minecraft: Pizzastix423

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

I updated my server and my client to 1.4.4, it still happens to me, so they haven't fixed it yet.
~DeltaForce9

ilay
    ilay

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have the same thing here.
It's does that all the time in most servers(not all)
if enyone can help than pleaz dont be shyPosted Image

rufus0106

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

Can anyone from the admins help???

Posted Image

ilay
    ilay

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

why does it's always does thatPosted Image

Maychar
    Maychar

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

Hello,

I'm another person suffering with such a confusing error.
I have searched on and on, for weeks, about a solution.
Seen people return with null results to constant troubleshooting.
I wish this thread would receive more attention.
As everyone here with this problem, doing the best we can,
are being left hang to dry.

I hope this problem can be seen through.
As people are already leaving Minecraft just because of it.

Thanks,
             Maychar.

Jabzz
    Jabzz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

I cant connect to any servers from my Laptop for more than a few seconds... Both wired and wireless, but my brother's pc can and he is wired up...

This seriously gotta be fixed, its a really dumb bug

horan116
    horan116

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Issue is TCP. Tested this over and over again and your being disconnected due to packet lost. Most times i see it caused by an overloaded chunk usually alot of redstone timers running or pistons, usually anything with lots of redstone running will overload a poorly fit server. You can do this yourself and test it... hook to filters up to chests and backlog them with dirt or whatever... apply a redstone timer these filters at .5 /t and give it about an hour or so and if the server is not great and you have anything else going on that chuck will overload till your able to log in and out until the timer is stopped. I have tested this with multiple different people if standing in a different chunk no issues teleport back to the bad chunk and your gone in about a minute.

Blame it on the dev.. the fact that he is using TCP for a game with soooo much overhead is going to cause this to happen alot.

It can however be you if your on a wireless connection make sure your firmware is updated. Its easy to test if it is you by refreshing a website the same time you being kicked in minecraft. Stand next to a redstone engine and wait till it stops moving... alt tab out and spam f5. Basically since http uses tcp your check to make sure the stack isnt restarting itself. You can also change your Buffer threshold to 512 if it is not already (google it). Also it can be your ISP filtering the packets out... a minecraft chunk data stream looks similar to a P2P stream.

In the end its the fact that using TCP in such a now extremely complex game produces far to much overhead.

IHaTeD2
    IHaTeD2

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Same problem in 1.4.7.
It is either this or an "End of Stream" error.
I'm playing with my girlfriend in Lan mode, mods or not doesn't matter, connected via WiFi (no problems on this side).
I'm kicked out after a certain amount of minutes or I can't even connect.
Posted Image