_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Minecraft: _Duel

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Posted Image
(these pictures are outdated. check my posts below to see more)
or: http://www.planetmin...ecraft-99-done/
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD

PROGRESS:
The building part is completed, it's time to go back and finish up every missing blocks. Here you can see all the chapters that are fully completed and need no more editing. I will keep updating this til i finish everything.
Chapters completed 100% (42/42)

Half Life (15/15)
Spoiler:

Opposing Force (10/10)
Spoiler:

Blue Shift (7/7)
Spoiler:

Decay (10/10)
Spoiler:

I started this quite a long time ago, i think now it's in a shape that worth showing. My plan is to rebuild the Black Mesa complex from the original Half-Life game. There won't be scientists/guards or conversation texts, it will be a 'tour' in Black Mesa. Cheats will be enabled so you can fly and see the places as Freeman from another perspective. I try to build the structures similar to the original as good as i can, sadly the overlapping rooms caused me really big headache.
It's way far from the finish, I want to include all the chapters up to Xen. As I want an exclusive texturepack for this, i won't include the other dimension, it will took away the precious blocks I need for walls/ceilings etc...
I might connect the hydro electric dam with the tram line at the beginning (as we could see in Opposing Force) but again, it's too far from here to think about it.

Currently my line ends at the big valley where you could see far mountains and a jet flies from left to right.

EDIT: 1.000.000 1.500.000 2.000.000 blocks reached!

Here are some very old untextured pictures:
check my other posts below to see more!.

Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Update

I reached the 500.000 non-air block, so here are some fresh stats for you:

- around 168 hous put into the building, 95% of the block were put by hand
- chapters completed (finished structures and lights sources placed): from A. Materials to Surface Tension. On a Rail, Questionable Ethics and Surface Tension needs some more work to finish tough.
- textureing is about 25%

The last part of Surface Tension (where you call airstrike in) is a little problematic as i can't place it in it's correct position, the building with the lot of tripmines and explosives are in the same place.
Do you have any ideas how I should solve this?

Xannot
    Xannot

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

OMG you built it all yourself? Amazing man, but it would be great it you could actually play it with mobs and command blocks ;/
They never really were on your side...

RONNOC777_is_kwl
  • Minecraft: RONNOC777

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Wow amazing! Love it!

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostXannot, on 04 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

OMG you built it all yourself? Amazing man, but it would be great it you could actually play it with mobs and command blocks ;/

Yes, i'm building it alone but im OK with that, i just enjoy how it grows from week to week.
I know mobs will make it better,  maybe i will add those but i want to finish the building first. Anyway, there are parkour-like jumping parts which i tuned to be a little challenging, so its not just running through corridors.
Thx for your comment

View PostRONNOC777_is_kwl, on 05 November 2012 - 04:52 AM, said:

Wow amazing! Love it!
Thx! Stay tuned for fresh pictures. I'll upload them as i get back to my computer

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Here are some fully textured parts. The texturepack is still not completed, it's just a placeholder for now
(It's base is the tp by TheJuraj)
Spoiler:
Excluding B. M. Inbound, the building is nearly completed, I "just" need to finish up walls, ceilings, cliffs... so it is still a lot of work.

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

A picture of the whole build:
Spoiler:

It's small, i don't want to show too much yet, but you can see it's size

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

I started to build some parts from opposing force to connect the two big halves of the map (ch 1-9 & ch 10-14), and having problems with overlapping, big time :/
Spoiler:

Got2Survive
  • Minecraft: Got2Survive

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

Wow, and to think that I though that this was bad at first... but then I saw it with the textures :D
"Map making isn't about painting a canvas, it's more like creating a giant block and carving a statue out of it."
Posted Image

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostGot2Survive, on 21 November 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Wow, and to think that I though that this was bad at first... but then I saw it with the textures Posted Image
Thanks for pointing this out, I just edited my first post so this won't happen to anybody else. If you like it, stay tuned, I gonna upload new pics every once in a while.

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

pics from blue shift.
Spoiler:
the project is now stopped - and will remain stopped for a while due to the amount of time i have for this right now.
I'm back to building again. Currently building the last part: Black Mesa Inbound (yes, i haven't started all this with inbound, nor anomalous materials)

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Im still here, juts moving onto another computer... in the summer u'll see much more pictures!

Ryker61
    Ryker61

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Minecraft: Ryker61
  • Xbox:Ryker61
  • PSN:Rykeranime61

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

This is pretty cool. I just finally purchased MC for the PC and am looking for some good Adventure maps. This is one I'm definitely interested in. Keep up the good work. Are Opposing Force and Blue Shift going to be included with Black Mesa or are they going to be separate?
Posted Image

Posted ImageWIP 128x 64x, SEUS support, Mod support in the pipeline TEKKIT, FTB, the more support the more mods!

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostRyker61, on 02 May 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

This is pretty cool. I just finally purchased MC for the PC and am looking for some good Adventure maps. This is one I'm definitely interested in. Keep up the good work. Are Opposing Force and Blue Shift going to be included with Black Mesa or are they going to be separate?

Yes, my plan is to build every part of the facility into one piece. Right now im connecting that short tram ride which brings you to the lambda complex in opfor chapter "we are not alone". Everything before that is already built from opfor, and also the giant storage/warehouse area located next to the dam. I want to include the rest of it too. As for blue shift... I have the first two chapters more or less, but im surrounded with a ton of tunnels on every side and i dont know how to continue yet.
Thanks for your comment! I'll post up some pictures for you in this week :)

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

Screens from Opposing Force, first few chapters
Spoiler:

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

It's a little off from my project, but it's still part of the Black Mesa RF; the Hazard Course (from Half Life) is now part of the build.
Spoiler:

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

I feel surprised, this game has no overlaps other than the first part with black mesa inbound. Also it's very short compared to opposing force, i just reached the freight warehouse from blue shift - captive freight.
Spoiler:

WIP

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

More blocks means more detail!
Spoiler:

_Duel
    _Duel

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Block count: 1.400.000+
Hours "played": 600+
Parts that needs to be completed: Surface Tension, Duty Calls, Power Struggle
some new blocks again:
Spoiler:
After all parts are built, i'll add command blocks, pictures/item frames, camo mountains.
I hope i can upload the finished version at the end of summer, but it depends on mcedit. I need to replace a ton of blocks with the new stained clay ones.

Slenderer
  • Minecraft: Slenderer

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

Wow, this is amazing! It looks great! I have been wanting B.M.R.F. in Minecraft for ages, but was never ambitious enough to try. I can imagine someone modding in HL aliens, marines, B.M. personnel and weapons so that it plays through like Half Life (that'd need a LOT of redstone too). I can't wait to download it, and I'd also love to be able to download that texture pack too. Also, how will you make the ventilation shafts so you can crawl through them? I'd imagine they'd be too bulky and cumbersome to build a hollow shaft of 8 blocks. You might want the Smart Movement Mod to help you as well.

I can't wait to see how the dam turns out too. It is my favorite part of the game.