• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Hiz92
    Hiz92

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

First I feel like i should state that I love the update and i congratulate 4J on the job well done, BUT so far the only thing that seems a bit off, other than the water/lava buckets, is the normal flying speed. It feels like you're going at the same speed you'd go while crouching which is fine (i mean come on we're finally able to fly) but it just seems a tad too slow(tried every button to check if i might have pressed the "slow" button but to no avail) especially when you're trying to place multiple blocks in rapid succession in no particular order, such as when starting to build a floating island or something of that nature.

Anyone else slightly miffed about this or am I the only one so far? xD

EDIT: yes, i do know you can go super fast tapping the Left stick forward twice in quick succession... which of course isn't really practical for building, just for moving around the map.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

pikachief

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Did you double tap forward on the joystiq?
"Only the trees which you know  are  not trees for food you may destroy and cut down, to build siegeworks against the city that makes war with you, until it is subdued." (Deuteronomy 20:20 NKJV)

catbhoy88

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:27 AM

was surprised at the speed of flying not to much of an issue for me so far, more hacked off about the buckets.

4JStu
    4JStu

Coal Miner

• 4JStudios
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

The flying speed in creative is set so that you can place blocks in rapid succession without missing one, if you move much faster sometimes you can miss placing a block.
Developer at 4J Studios
Twitter: @4JStu

branm008
  • Minecraft: BrandonBlahhh
  • Xbox:KING donner

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

View Post4JStu, on 16 October 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

The flying speed in creative is set so that you can place blocks in rapid succession without missing one, if you move much faster sometimes you can miss placing a block.

I did notice this, so the flying speed was not a big issue since block placing while flying is very very easy. Started my Sky city so definitely noticeable on the flying speed and block placing.

Any faster and you would miss way too much and become clumsy.

oCrapaCreeper
  • Minecraft: oCrapaCreeper

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

I like how it works. It's a lot more controllable than the PC version. If only sprinting isn't a pain to do at times.
Posted Image
Seriously. These "Achievement Get!" signatures were never funny, or interesting.

shadowdragon345
  • Minecraft: christian349
  • Xbox:shadowdragon345

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

If you wish to fly faster, sprint while flying, you go SO dang fast!
Posted Image

kris5882

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

whats wrong with the buckets??