4JSteve

Redstone Miner

• 4JStudios
  • 568 posts
  • Xbox:WizzyT
  • PSN:ThaWizzyT

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

MC (XBLA) Bug List

This is an updated list containing all confirmed and unconfirmed bugs for MCXB360E. This thread allows other users to list bugs they have experienced, offer and view solutions and workarounds.

Thanks to Alchemilla for running the previous thread.

Spoiler:

Twitter - @4JSteve

Register or log in to remove.

icantfindanamenottaken

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

Downloaded 1.8.2 update , all of my leader board stats are gone .

I started a creative world and I could not access creative mode menu , it would not do anything when I pressed X besides open the menu .

Made a new map and it fixed it . (Leader board stats still gone)

Edit: loaded my 1.7.3 world .

All chests have a very dark shadow casted on them , they are also all turned the wrong direction.
Opening them did not crash me but others have said they crashed from opening.

I fixed it by breaking the chest and replacing it .(in survival mode) .

Shooting a bow worked .

Edit2: Not sure if this is a bug or my t.v. but sand has never made a sound for me unless I have the volume set really high . It sucks , whenever I walk on sand it's completely silent I feel like I'm playing total miner or something . This has been happening since I bought the game on launch day during 1.6.6 .

Caiternoodle

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Ok I've found a few so far..

1.) In this one world i tried, There was a big ravine and some single blocks sticking out on top.. and EVERYTHING below that one block in a column was PURE BLACK... I broke the block on the BOTTOM of the pure black-ness and the regular color came back. I dont know how to check the seed to show you... :z

2.) I've tried generating like 15 random maps so far, (entering nothing in the seed) and most of them are like 90% water... The worst one, is when i tried entering a seed "firefly" and theres like literally like 12 blocks above water :/ (not my picture, but mine was similar)

Posted Image
[img]http://sphotos-b.ak....168682068_n.jpg[/img]

3.) Just found another one while trying to load the "1.)" world, the treasure chest appears in the water where i spawned... and there's water flowing on top of it.... INSIDE the water. It was kind of funny, lol.

4.) Towns are rare?  OUt of the ~15ish maps so far, i've ran around what little land there was, and only found ONE town. :/   edit: tried about 3 more, and found 1 more with a town.

5.) I too have sound issues. Doors make no sound On a brand new generated world..  BUT if you are holding an item, the door DOES make a sound. No item = No sound.   also...When i get hurt, there's no more "Ouch" noise.. just kind of like, a clicking noise. Almost sounds like before when i smashed a block. That sort of noise.

6.) I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, since i havent played the PC version, but once my food bar is 1/2 down, i cant sprint anymore.. Also when my food bar is depleated, It only hurts me to 1/2 my health. (which this is okay since.. i hate the food bar idea xD0

7.) When i first created a new world, i randomly got the "Tame 5 wolves" achievement.

8.) When i renamed #1 to "bug map" it created a copy of the original map "New World"

9.) The monsters get randomly hurt, Like this spider was over there, all by itself, and it randomly flashed red.

10.) When you place a bed right under a furnace, it reproduces that "Black" bug, but only for the top of the pillow on the bed.

With pre:Patched worlds: .

1.) all of my 1/2 chests have turned black and sideways. Breaking a block near it makes the chest turn normal color again

2.) Not sure if it happens in new world or not, but my wolf was following me around underground, and was randomly flashing red a LOT in a secure area with no monsters. I have no idea how to tell if your dog is really getting hurt or not... or just randomly flashing red. Sometimes it would make the new "Crunch" noise when getting hurt. Sometimes it wouldnt. Seems like he flashes red more when I'm near him, but im not hurting him whatsoever.  

It appears he does not flash red when just "sitting"

3.) also not sure if it happens in new worlds or not, but my wolves wont follow me back through doors anymore. I have to smash the blocks around the door first, and he goes 'around'  the door.

But yeah, lotsa bugs, and i cant find a good map to play on that has some land above water. *sadness*  

Edit: on about my 20th generated map, I found one that might be 1/2 ways decent (and the door sound works!) So I'll edit my post as i find new things...

Edited by Caiternoodle, 16 October 2012 - 11:19 PM.

Survival: [ Xbox - 1.8.2 Seed: 5549699472643593778 GT: FindableSnow766 Gold?: Nope ;_; ] Me: [ Girl Gamer <3 ]

boxanata
    boxanata

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2729 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

The interface sensitivity now seems really sluggish. Mine is all the way at 200% & it feels as it's on 100% or lower.

Posted Image

Dragonogs

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostRobstuh, on 16 October 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

I've had the hotbar vanish twice, ironically enough it vanished after taking my two screenshots. I'll see if it happens again when I upload a third.

@Dragonogs, I fixed the issue by saving my world, dashboarding, and loading it again.

Messing with interface opacity did nothing, nor did restoring my settings to default.

I removed my post

kise77
    kise77

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox:kise77

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

After taking a screenshot my hud and hands disappeared from the screen and still haven't popped back up even after reloading the world

also I noticed that pistons occasionally glitch and disappear but the hitboxes stay

Actually it made it disappear on all of my worlds x.x

Edited by kise77, 17 October 2012 - 02:23 AM.

Ghoster312
  • Xbox:Prolactin

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Mobs taking fall damage when they shouldn't.

Venjango
    Venjango

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Minecraft: Venjango

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Pistons and Redstone = Severe LAG
(This is only so with the amount)

Not a official bug that is new with the update. But it a definite ongoing one from 1.7.3.

If you fire multiple pistons, it causes severe lag and is very buggy. This is the same with running lots of redstone. Compared to it's smooth running PC counterpart (that I do play as well), this makes this less fun to construct massively fast paced piston work. Which is a major setback. This is something I have noticed since 1.7.3 and is still coming forth in this latest version. I was expecting a fix or maybe even a minor tweak to help. But nothing seems to come of this.

Things that I have made that don't work the same because of lag:
-Piston Elevator (Works on PC)
-Clock (Works on PC)
-Pop out words (Works on PC)

PLEASE fix this.

catchmeforgold

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

when you place a pressure plate on a fence post it glitches to the block next to

BanOly127
    BanOly127

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

I am afraid to report a litter of flaws, glitches and errors in an otherwise awesome 1.8.2 update.

1. By far the most disappointing and unacceptable, if you delete a sign (RT) and create a new one in it's place (LT) too quickly, the new sign becomes invisible! BUT THAT IS NOT THE PROBLEM!! Occasionally (rarely), deleting a sign with writing on can result in the whole Xbox crashing and having to be reset! WTF?

EDIT - What the hell??? I deleted a BLOCK OF OBSIDIAN and the game suddenly crashed!! Normal Creative Mode in Superflat Land, Host Privledges ON, Trust Players OFF, PvP OFF.
EDIT - I would like to make clear also that these bugs/ glitches occured ONLY (so far) on my Creation map, which does have a lot of blocks/ building work etc. May this be why? Or is it Creative Mode itself?
EDIT - It is obvious that the game does not crash upon deletion of EVERY BLOCK, but as an example, I started up the Tutorial map, skipped the tutorial, went directly to the chest (in the passageway linking the villiage/ stronghold to the tutorial area), removed the contents (bow, arrow, music disk + player), and then deleted the chest. GAME FROZEN. XBOX RESTARTED. TRIED IT AGAIN. SAME HAPPENS.

2. I don't know if this is a glitch or simply something 4J Studios forgot, but the lava and water buckets that are available in the Creative Menu are not infinite! What's with that?

3. (TUTORIAL ONLY)
    Step 1 - Start up Tutorial Map
    Step 2 - Skip tutorial, fly into nearby villiage/ stronghold
    Step 3 - Exit and Save, return to game in Creative Mode
    Step 4 - Press X to open the Creative Menu, then find IT DOESN'T WORK!

4. How do you toggle visibility on the map? (Survival only, seems to work for Creative Mode)

5. How do you discard all items from the inventory in Creative Mode, without dropping them on the floor and accidentally picking the up later on?

6. Why is it that if you Save and Exit in Creative Mode whilst flying, you will fall out of the air if you return in EITHER game mode?

7. I swam right next to a creeper in water. It blew up next to me. I took no damage. Why?

8. Different game: I stood right next to a creeper, and it ignored me. I was playing online with someone else, and they left, because they had something to do. Instantly, the creeper started chasing me. The other person who was online was nowhere near the creeper; on the contrary, they were on the opposite side of the map. I would also like to note that while this was happening, the creeper had moments where it seemed to think I was somewhere else, and would run in a different direction before correcting its course and runing at me again.

jimmyzz
    jimmyzz

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Odd glitching blocks in creative mode. The only way to stop it was to delete the world and create a new one.

Posted Image
Posted Image

drwalker2nd

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

So far my experience with the update has been very positive, but it did cause the whole system to crash suddenly while I was exploring the tutorial world.  Kinda a bummer b/c I had played for a couple hours and hadn't saved yet.  Autosave FTW :/

premix314

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:14 AM

Generated NPC Village split in half - and light coming from no source during night

On the "santa" seed, in the middle very left side of the map, there is a village that got split in half. I was on creative - not superflat - peaceful - gen structures

Also: after I burned trees down, and the fire was gone, the light stayed.

Edited by premix314, 18 October 2012 - 04:16 AM.

4JSteve
    4JSteve

Redstone Miner

• 4JStudios
  • 568 posts
  • Xbox:WizzyT
  • PSN:ThaWizzyT

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Please look at the first page bug list before reporting bugs so we don't get duplicates.
Twitter - @4JSteve

Michael1026

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

TNT is either disappearing when activated by redstone, or it doesn't affect you at all when it's in water. I tried making a player launcher, and when I activate it, I only see a few pieces of TNT (out of 64) and even if I stand directly in the TNT, it will not hurt me or move me. I have everything on including TNT explosions and PvP.

ubergine
    ubergine

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

View Post4JSteve, on 19 October 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

The seed for that world would be great.

I've tried to gather some info: I first noted the glitch when I first found it, playing in survival mode:

seed -5781131510934377421

x166 y12 z385

Posted Image

I've been back there and I'm not sure this pic is of that location, but the consistent thread is that it happens where water meets lava and seems to involve light passing through or even coming from gravel blocks or the obsidian itself.

I was just now unable to recreate the bug in that place in two generations of the seed in creative mode. I did however encounter it again previously in creative mode in a location I didn't note. I just now went to a new location on the seed, in creative mode, and successfully found the bug again by sealing off an area. "Updating the block" techniques did not get rid of the light in the below pic.

Posted Image

I did this at x 0 y12 z70 and blocked the view of lava pools in front and the cave behind me. In both these screenshots, there is no legit source of light.

I made the seed again in creative and found another example of the bug, didn't capture that though,

Vito75
    Vito75

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

Ok, 2 days ago i post about reapearing blocks, i didn't confirm that - now i know why, here's a thing - i went back day after and i couldn'f find the spot (cave system is just ridiculesly enormous), so i gave up, and today i was bouilding my place called home, and the same thing happend - i've messed up with roof, then i pick the wrong block, and after 2-3 seconds that same block reapeared.
I did it 4 times, then i went back to my hidey hole for a map (for coorinates) and some dirt (for screendump), it was roughly 3-4 chunks away.
After i get back that stubborn block was gone, seems like the chunk error :-)
Seed is 481209190
coord apprx.
x : 222
z : -242

I have a screendump, but i cannot find a button - "attach a fiie/image"

MysticBobcat

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

Unable to pick up painting.

I was trying out various paintings on one wall; it was working fine for a while.  Probably tried 10 paintings or so.  Then, when I took down the latest one, it popped off the wall as usual and is floating on the floor, but it won't let me pick it up.  I have plenty of empty slots to carry it, so not sure what happened.   Tried digging up the floor under it to see if that would let me grab it, but that didn't work either.

Billiam94

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

I skimmed through and didn't see anyone else post this: When I build a door that has hinges on the right side when it's first crafted, the door does not respond correctly to redstone signals. This is very inconvenient when making double doors because when I place a pressure plate in front of it, the signal closes the door rather than opening it. Is anyone else having this problem?

TFG_Stratz

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Buggy pistons, When you use multiple pistons to make a door, most of the time the pistons and/or it will disappear, causing you not to be able to go through the door, I know it's not lag because it happens in offline games as well.

- Making a simple Piston Stair case with the pistons moving as slow as possible makes you still glitch into the piston making the piston not push you.

I would really like to be able to make whatever redstone mechanism I want without it messing up Posted Image

Screenshots:
Spoiler: