• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Tutorial] How to play minecraft on really bad computers

lag fix bad graphic card bad processor bad cpu bad ram old computer bad computer out of memory

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MineCraftForLon
  • Minecraft: DieterKarlHeinz

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

This is a guide how to make Minecraft running on really bad computers, for example with 512MB Ram, a Singlecore processor with 1,8Ghz and with a Nvidia Geforce4 mx 4000

if you want to play it on a desktop computer, you'll get at least more than 50fps!

if you want to play minecraft with 256MB Ram, just forgot it. it's not possible

Yesterday my brother asked me to install minecraft on his PC. First I didn't want to do it cause I know that minecraft needs much power, and "Power" is the biggest opposite of my bro's PC. I tought it was impossible, but it isn't very hard  to make Minecraft running with 512MB DDR2 RAM, a random CPU with 1,8ghz and a really bad Nvidia Geforce4 mx 4000 with 64MB memory. So if you have a bad, old and creepy computer too just follow my instruction.

1) Make sure that you have the latest graphic card driver. If not, download and install the latest.
2) Make shure you have the latest Java- Enviroment. for more information read the comments under this post.
3) If your harddrive disk isn't as slow as Jabba, set up the outsourcing file at least to 1024MB - 2048MB and if you don't know how to do this, remember: http://giyf.com
4) If you havent done yet, download the Minecraft.exe or Minecraft.zip from http://minecraft.net
5) start Minecraft and login, but try to hit the options button first and click "force update". then you can log in.
6) when you are at the title screen, close minecraft if it haven't closed itself yet.
7) Now download sp614x' OptiFine HD mod and try the Smooth or Ultra version. Then install it
8) start minecraft again and at the title screen go to Options --> Video settings

AND NOW READ CAREFULLY:

change the settings how I'll tell you now. Every setting I haven't listed doesn't matter for the performance.

Graphics: Fast
Smooth Lightning: OFF
3D: OFF
gui scale: Auto
Fog: OFF
Render Distance: Tiny
Performance: Max FPS
View Bobbing: off
Advanced OpenGL: I'll tell you later

@ Details...

Clouds: off
trees: fast
grass: fast
water: fast
rain & snow: off
sky: off
start: off
sun & moon: off

@ Quality...

minimap level: off
anisotropic filtering: off
Antialiasing: off
clear water: off
random mobs: off
better grass: off
better snow: off
custom fonts: off
custom colors: off
swamp colors: off
smooth biomes: off
connected textures: fast - off
natural textures: off

@ Animations...

following things are ON:

water
redstone
void partocles
terrain
lava
Items

set everything other tp "off"

@ texturepacks:

@ Other...

fast debug info: off
Debug profiler: off
weather: off
Server Textures: off.

cause I don't think that you have an grapic card with passable openGL when you need this tutorial, it shouldn*t be active.

Minecraft should now be faster. I hope I can help you^^
I'm a dude. Dudes can't fly, dudes aren't wizzards, but dudes are dudes.
Dude.   Problem?

Register or log in to remove.

TiMBoGfX
    TiMBoGfX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Minecraft: xTiMBo
  • Xbox:xTiMBo

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

USEFULL info there mate thanks for the share now i can put minecraft on my sons pc so he leaves mine alone :)

Posted Image

bighippohunter
  • Minecraft: bighippo

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

thanks bro,
really good info friend!

NukeAndBeans
  • Minecraft: Nukeannihilation

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Installing the proper Java Environment increases performance drastically as well. 64-bit for 64-bit systems and 32-bit for 32-bit systems.

You can go here: http://www.oracle.co...ds-1836441.html to get it.

If you aren't sure what bits your system is, you can go here in windows 7: Control Panel>System and Security>System

Installing the Optifine mod into minecraft will also help on most computers, however, it is hit and miss. Some systems get a huge performance increase, others actually lose performance. Most times on slower machines you will get up to a 30+ fps increase on what you already have.

Collectively between those two items, you may get up to a 40-50 fps increase depending on just how bad the machine is.

MineCraftForLon

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostNukeAndBeans, on 15 October 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Installing the proper Java Environment increases performance drastically as well. 64-bit for 64-bit systems and 32-bit for 32-bit systems.

You can go here: http://www.oracle.co...ds-1836441.html to get it.

If you aren't sure what bits your system is, you can go here in windows 7: Control Panel>System and Security>System

Installing the Optifine mod into minecraft will also help on most computers, however, it is hit and miss. Some systems get a huge performance increase, others actually lose performance. Most times on slower machines you will get up to a 30+ fps increase on what you already have.

Collectively between those two items, you may get up to a 40-50 fps increase depending on just how bad the machine is.

thats true.
this was the thing I've forgotten. thanks bro.
I'll update the post
Dude.   Problem?

MineCraftForLon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

by the way you should better install windows xp if it isn't on your creepy computer yet.

- Why?

- Because windows Vista (I hate it) and WIndows 7 need much more ram to keep the system up.
windows XP needs aproximately the half of ram to keep itself up. But if you have an older system,
for example windows 2000, 98 or NT, I don't know if minecraft is possible to play cause of the
compatibility.

for iOS:  I don't know.
Dude.   Problem?

PizzAna
    PizzAna

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Minecraft: PizzAna

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostMineCraftForLon, on 30 December 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

by the way you should better install windows xp if it isn't on your creepy computer yet.
why?