• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Harken Scythe: Reap -What- You Sow *Biomass Blocks and Adjustments*[V2.1.6 UPD: MAY 14]

[1.5.1]smp-forge scythes glavies souls blood amulets talismans

• Please log in to reply
2110 replies to this topic

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Version 1.5.2

!*!*!* Please Read 2nd Post for Detailed Infomation *!*!*!

[Media Highlight]

*By: Ffejy15*

[Other Media]
Spoiler:

[Features]

[1] Adds Scythes, Reaping mechanics, Soul farming System, specialty items and equipment.
[2] Harken Scythes: Six Scythes can be Crafted, Enchanted, and allows Reaping of Souls.
[3] Soul Farming System: Use the Soul Altar and Soul Crucible to Enhance Items.
[4] Livingmetal Forging: Craft many Iron based weapons, armor and tools for special self repairing equipment.
[5] Soulweave Tailoring: Craft a new set of armor, providing benefits to Soul Feasting.
[6] Teleportation: Harness the power of souls with Amulets to teleport player back to their Resting Place.
[7] Resurrect: Allow the fallen to take your place, avoid death with the Talisman.
[8] Spectral Phase Generator and Glass: Soulsand blocks and glass crafted from Souls.
[9] Augments: Improve your weapons, armor and bows with unique abilities.
[10] Spectral Potions: Brew new throw-able potions for combat and personal use.
[11] Relics: Equip accessories which add a range of gameplay changing mechanics.
[12] Spectral Dye: Dye your leather and Soulweave armor to be invisible when worn.
[13] Harvest Moon Event: Let the Culling of the New moon begin!
[14] Future Content.
[15] Special Thanks

[~] Item ID's
Spoiler:

[*] Special Supported Mods: Asgard Shield

[Downloads]
*If your updating, please delete your old Config Files*

Harken Scythe Revamp: Forge
1.5.2 Harken Scythe V2.1.6

Older Versions

[Install]
Requires: Forge API
Spoiler:

[1] Harken Scythe name is inspired by the Lady Blade, Harken from the Wild Arms Series. She used a deadly scythe which she reaped the guardians power.

This mod provides not only a new way to kill foes but to harvest their their deaths to create even better/ useful Equipment and Items in Minecraft.

[2]Posted Image Harken Scythes: Six types of scythes can be crafted, enchanted and allows Reaping of souls.
Spoiler:

[3]Posted Image Soul Farming System is the process of using two special types of Blocks and the raw souls from Reaped Enemies.
Spoiler:

[4]Posted Image Livingmetal Forging, Craft many Iron based weapons, armor and tools for special self repairing equipment.
Spoiler:

[5]Posted ImageSoulweave Tailoring, Craft many Iron based weapons, armor and tools for special self repairing equipment.
Spoiler:

[6]Posted Image Teleport back to your resting place by harnessing the power souls with your amulet.
Spoiler:

[7]Posted Image Resurrect: Allow the fallen to take your place, avoid death with the Talisman.
Spoiler:

[8]Posted Image Spectral Phase Generator and Glass: Soulsand blocks and glass crafted from Souls.
Spoiler:

[9]Posted ImageAugments, Improve your weapons, armor and bows with unique abilities.
Spoiler:

[10]Posted ImageSpectral Potions, Brew new throw-able potions for combat and personal use.
Spoiler:

[11]Posted ImageRelics, Equip accessories which add a range of gameplay changing mechanics.
Spoiler:

[12]Posted ImageSpectral Dye, dye your leather and Soulweave armor to be invisible when worn.
Spoiler:

[13]Posted Image Harvest Moon Event: Let the Culling of the New moon begin!
Spoiler:

[14] Future Content: As Minecraft continues to grow, so will Harken Scythe. New ideas are always bouncing around.
Spoiler:

[15] Special thanks: A deep thank you to anyone that shows support!
Spoiler:

[Change Log] -Current
04/26/13:
1.5.2 Harken Scythe v2.1.6 Released:Biomass Blocks, keeper texture adjustments

04/26/13:
1.5.1 Harken Scythe v2.1.2 Released: Asgard Shield, Spectral Miner Torch, and Harbinger update.

04/08/13:
1.5.1 Harken Scythe v2.1.0 Released: ReAnimate Update
-Added ReAnimate System
-Harbinger Changes
-Spectral Miner Changes
-New Item: Ectoplasm.

04/08/13:
1.5.1 Harken Scythe v2.0.6 Released: Lost Soul Spawn/ Despawn Patch.

04/5/13:
1.5.1 HarkenScythe v2.0.6 Released: Harvest Moon Event and Lunar Clock Update.
-Bug fix: Livingmetal Blocks now turn into Livingmetal Ingots x 9 Correctly.

Older
Spoiler:

[Legal Stuff]
*** Harken Scythe (and all future content) is protected by its Author- Jade Knightblazer. ***
Do not redistribute any form of this mod with other download links. Any shared links must be from the Official download addresses found on "http://www.minecraft.../#entry18560927". All unauthorized links will be reported!

Special Support to:...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please press the "( + )" to show your support!----v

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

!*!*!* Please Read this Post for Detailed Infomation *!*!*!

What is coming with next Update? -Check here time to time for progress updates Posted Image *Edited quite offen*

Updated: 4/15/13

Finished:

Working on: Revamp:

New Systems:
Spoiler:

New Achievements:
Spoiler:

New Items:
Spoiler:

New Armor:
Spoiler:

New Blocks:
Spoiler:

New Augments:
Spoiler:

New Mobs:
Spoiler:

New Soul Type:
Spoiler:

Spectral Pet List:
Spoiler:

Adjustments:
Spoiler:

***** Small to due list for added content****
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Ora the Owlish

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

This sounds like a fascinating mod! Are you planning to allow passive soul extraction from soul sand? If so, I humbly suggest looking at the mechanics of the vanilla cauldron. Regardless, I can't wait to see what you come up with (especially the new golem!)

Downloading now~
Ask me about giant, Canadian, zombie-steampunk tyrannosaurus rexes. Posted Image
I own one, and her name is Cuddlemuffins.

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

You know... I was thinking about making a Soul Collector type device. Placing it in a graveyard and such... However soul sand might be a good way of doing it. However... I really don't want create another (Furnace) mod out there lol.

Something else I might do for soulsand, is to allow you to place the sand either into the Soul Crucible directly. Say... 10 soulsand for 5 souls. Or place the soulsand in the Soul Altar and transform it into soul/ or directly push the souls back into surround Soul Crucibles. Let me think about it.

Thanks for the idea Ora the Owlish!!!

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Might even go a different route with Soulsand.

First Add a new recipe to the Soul Altar. Sand + 5 Souls = Soulsand.

Then Soulsand + Furance = "Phantom Glass" or "Spectral Glass".

Lastly "Name from above ---^" can be crafted into planes.

This could be a new material that can be shared between Asgard Shield and this mod "Hint, the special ability of "Named Glass" will be the same as the Phantom set of Asgard Shield" (Meaning sadly, Phantom Shield and Giant sword will be removed from the ASAddon: Hallowed  and placed in the ASAddon HarkenScythe.

Else the other ideas that are in the works is a way to extract souls from Soulsand with either a new Extractor Block (which would run on Soulkeepers for power), or directly placed into the Soul Crucible to be processed back to raw Souls (Sand will be destroyed). This idea is still being thought up however, not sure if I wish to allow players to collect souls from any other sources besides slaying enemies. I'll place a poll.

(The main conflicting part of soul sand is either a huge unbalance or thought into farming souls. And/Or its odd to consume souls to gain souls from Soulsand). If anyone has some suggestions let me know ;)

Posted Image

SirLagAlot_
  • Minecraft: SirLagAlot_

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

Awesome looking mod, and planning on doing a spotlight for it, but... 1 issue, the textures wont load!

Two things. First, cool looking mod, and planning on doing  a modspotlight for it, but the textures wont load, and Second, what if souls dropped from soulsand instead of the soulsand, like flint and gravel, with a 10% base chance.

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:02 AM

View PostSirLagAlot_, on 14 October 2012 - 01:59 AM, said:

Awesome looking mod, and planning on doing a spotlight for it, but... 1 issue, the textures wont load!

Two things. First, cool looking mod, and planning on doing  a modspotlight for it, but the textures wont load, and Second, what if souls dropped from soulsand instead of the soulsand, like flint and gravel, with a 10% base chance.

Hmm, either its a Item.ID conflict on your side with another mod or... not sure @_@ lol. Everything that is needed is in the .zip Check Ids.

Interesting idea on the soul sand there. Simple and clean....

Posted Image

SirLagAlot_

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

Herm... updated forge, and disabled all mods that weren't neccesary, still your textures are not loading. this is only on the models though. as the raw icons load fine. I am glad you like my idea on the soulsand, I don't mod, but I do give modders idea's!

Posted Image

ScorpioDan
  • Minecraft: ScorpioDan

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Download link not working for me?

Anyway, I'm friends with Sky/ TCTN who reviewed your other Asgard shields mod, and he suggested I review this one earlier but then I just found it again and it looks amazing and it's going to happen right when I can download. It takes me to adf.ly page so maybe you're missing a letter in the URL there or something? :L

Check out my channel below if you want :)

edit: got it now, we all good :)

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Was busying re-uploading the download for SirLagALot here. trying to figure out his problem =/ Link should be functional was we speak.

Can't wait to see the mod review you come up with Posted Image

Posted Image

SirLagAlot_

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hey Jade, I think I may have found the issue, but I would like to run the idea by you before I act on it. I use magic launcher to manage my mods, as it is just simpler than having 30 different jars, and it live injects the mod into the jar. The issue might stem from the fact that by this live injection, the config file is never made, and the id's are not assigned, so the textures wont load. Do you think that this is it, and if so, can you have a copy of the config file to download?

Posted Image

Jade Knightblazer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:45 PM

we can can try that, give me a second to post the config for you.

Current CFG file: http://www.mediafire...pn1dv9ztpjwsr88

Else, not sure about this one... You might want to unzip the KarkenScythe.zip, and allow Magic Launcher to inject the folder, not the zip. /shrug

Posted Image

BenjaminFowlMaster
  • Minecraft: BENJAMIN7180

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

really good but i don't think i will dowload

ScorpioDan

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Crashed when using talisman
Spoiler:

Posted Image

SirLagAlot_

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

I can verify Scoripo's issue, it also happens to me.

Posted Image

Falager
    Falager

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • Minecraft: Endersteve5

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Very cool mod, gives the feeling that I should wear black leather armor with skele skin xD.

EDIT: First page, woo.

Bluiy
    Bluiy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hey. Your mod seems to be really cool, I love the scythe textures and I will definitely download it. I have just one problem. It seems like you would steal ideas from Kirwis and Subarakis Scythe Mod http://www.minecraft...bug-fix-update/ Well, actually I don't think you steal them, but in your case I would especially not do the idea with Soulsand -> Soul, because this is a 1:1 copy from Kirwi and Subaraki.

ScorpioDan

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Mod Review is up!
Mod is awesome I really love it. Can I be on the media highlight? :D

Posted Image

Azradun
    Azradun

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Interesting, it looks polished too. The sprites, textures and stuff are certainly very well done. The soul system is also nice.
"wtf?! Why are you trying to argue with a professional modder? He knows a hell of a lot more than you do about this stuff and its not him, but you who is in the wrong here. Just stop it, you cant win." - This is what I fight! Rock star mentality.

ScorpioDan

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

View PostBluiy, on 14 October 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Hey. Your mod seems to be really cool, I love the scythe textures and I will definitely download it. I have just one problem. It seems like you would steal ideas from Kirwis and Subarakis Scythe Mod http://www.minecraft...bug-fix-update/ Well, actually I don't think you steal them, but in your case I would especially not do the idea with Soulsand -> Soul, because this is a 1:1 copy from Kirwi and Subaraki.
This mod is most definetly not a 1:1 copy, theirs doesn't have amulets and stuff

Posted Image