3 replies to this topic

Dewbug
    Dewbug

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

http://uk.computers.... ... ID=1069085

This is my exact laptop and I can just about play minecraft on it but it is really laggy sometimes to the point where I mostly just give up. Its not so bad at my base because obviously i'm around the same area and it loads it fine, but whenever I strike off in any direction as the game is generating it just comes to an almost standstill (and i'm trying to find some goddamned blue stone so its a pain in my ass).

I can just about make it playable by setting the priority to high and whacking my laptop onto high performance but I would like to be able to play the game without it looking like i'm wading through fog.

Is there anything else I can do to make it less laggy? (Bear in mind i'm a complete tech speak noob and have the most basic knowledge of computers.. ;))
cheers in advance

Register or log in to remove.

lolghurt

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:14 PM

Dewbug said:

http://uk.computers....DUCT_ID=1069085

This is my exact laptop and I can just about play minecraft on it but it is really laggy sometimes to the point where I mostly just give up. Its not so bad at my base because obviously i'm around the same area and it loads it fine, but whenever I strike off in any direction as the game is generating it just comes to an almost standstill (and i'm trying to find some goddamned blue stone so its a pain in my ass).

I can just about make it playable by setting the priority to high and whacking my laptop onto high performance but I would like to be able to play the game without it looking like i'm wading through fog.

Is there anything else I can do to make it less laggy? (Bear in mind i'm a complete tech speak noob and have the most basic knowledge of computers.. ;))
cheers in advance
there's a good chance the fog is actually making the lag worse. see if setting the render distance to far or normal improves lag

zaph0d said:

I've incorporated a hashing function which is sometimes disrupted by a family of bees which have taken residence in the third megabyte.

Dewbug
    Dewbug

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

Oh really? I would have thought the complete opposite. It tends to be ok for a little while when I have far turned on but then once I start reaching newer places it obviously lags up again.

lolghurt

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

Dewbug said:

Oh really? I would have thought the complete opposite. It tends to be ok for a little while when I have far turned on but then once I start reaching newer places it obviously lags up again.
You should also get optimine/CAF-MOD to improve fps.

zaph0d said:

I've incorporated a hashing function which is sometimes disrupted by a family of bees which have taken residence in the third megabyte.