Latest News Article

Witch's Hut Seed

snapshot 12w41b

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Zyrandar
  • Minecraft: Zyrandar

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Greetings - if you're using the latest snapshot and haven't found a "Witch's Hut" yet - here's a seed that spawns you very close ((within a hundred blocks)) of the hut.
Spawn is at x = 169, z = 256 ((Approx.))
Hut is at x = 244, z = 306 ((Approx.))
Seed is 7457453550057564096
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

alefor
    alefor

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

With seed 2 and 'Large Biomes' you get one hut in front of you.

Zyrandar

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

View Postalefor, on 13 October 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

With seed 2 and 'Large Biomes' you get one hut in front of you.
Thanks for the info :-)
I actually found my seed by accident - I wanted to test the new snapshot features and created a new world with a random seed; Spawned in a forest near a swamp and my first thought was "ooh .. I wonder if there's a Witch's Hut here?" And 2 seconds later ... Bingo! I've just tested your seed and when I went inside the hut there was a witch inside! Her (?) hat was stuck inside the ceiling which (pun intended) is quite funny.
My main gripe with the huts - the ceilings need to be higher and most huts are on stilts high above the ground ((in both my seed and in the seed you provided)) .. making it hard to naturally enter/exit the hut without carrying steps or building blocks.

Drazon3312

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

do /tp 1000 1000 100  and there is another one
there is also a ravine / mineshaft below where you spawn!
/warp 10 10 10  you spawn in a lava pit

wallofchaos

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostZyrandar, on 13 October 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

Thanks for the info :-)
I actually found my seed by accident - I wanted to test the new snapshot features and created a new world with a random seed; Spawned in a forest near a swamp and my first thought was "ooh .. I wonder if there's a Witch's Hut here?" And 2 seconds later ... Bingo! I've just tested your seed and when I went inside the hut there was a witch inside! Her (?) hat was stuck inside the ceiling which (pun intended) is quite funny.
My main gripe with the huts - the ceilings need to be higher and most huts are on stilts high above the ground ((in both my seed and in the seed you provided)) .. making it hard to naturally enter/exit the hut without carrying steps or building blocks.

Share seed please? 2 doesnt have one. in the 1.7 snap.
I support every plugin and mod I use.

DeathStryker7667

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

hi im new

AntOfThy

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:48 AM

Looks like most of the witches hut is in the wrong biome... that ruins the hut for witch spawning.

Can you please confirm all the the hut is in the swamp biome.
Posted Image  Ultimate Guide to Reliable Dropper Towers
Development Log and Photos for my 4th Trading Village "The Dark Sphere"

Zyrandar

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm surprised people are still replying to a post I made well over a year ago :P
Haha! But thanks for your responses - unfortunately I'm no longer able to confirm if either my original seed works or if the the seed "2" works as = version 1.7.2 of Minecraft came out today and of course I have updated it. I could create an alternative profile backdated to 1.6.4 if you're still interested but to be perfectly honest, I don't think it's relevant anymore and I consider the post defunct. My apologies.

View Postwallofchaos, on 22 October 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Share seed please? 2 doesnt have one. in the 1.7 snap.

The seed is in the OP.

Tunnelmake

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

version 1.7.2
seed 58
Z 354