7 replies to this topic

eddine67
    eddine67

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hi,

I want to do a starter kit giving with a command block, but I don't know how to to this :(
I can do a small place with one command or I need to have a tons of commands blocks ?
Thanks for your answers

Register or log in to remove.

theDeadlyShadow
  • Minecraft: theDeadlyShadow

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Posted Image

Commands are: give @p [Item-ID] [Amount]

Posted Image

Magix
    Magix

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2743 posts
  • Minecraft: Magixx

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

It's worth mentioning that these work like lamps in that they conduct power, so you can bunch quite a few of them together like this:

Posted Image
Posted Image

eddine67
    eddine67

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

Thanks !
I want ppl get them only one time...
I used a tutorial on mcwiki but I don't seem to work : You can easily give people a starter kit with a button without plug-ins: "/give @p[r=2] 274". To prevent people pressing the button a second time and again getting their kit you can make two command blocks activated in order: 1. "/give @p[r=2 m=2] 274" 2."/gamemode @p[r=2] 0"

theDeadlyShadow
  • Minecraft: theDeadlyShadow

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

This "tutorial" doesn't make any sense. Changing the players gamemode doesn't help in this case...

Posted Image

Irignation
  • Minecraft: Irignation

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

View PosttheDeadlyShadow, on 12 October 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

This "tutorial" doesn't make any sense. Changing the players gamemode doesn't help in this case...

The gamemode is Adventure Mode in the beginning. Then you can press the button once to receive the items then get turned back to Survival Mode.
Notice the "m=2" in the first code.

Posted Image

WoodenToes

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostMagix, on 12 October 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

It's worth mentioning that these work like lamps in that they conduct power, so you can bunch quite a few of them together like this:

Posted Image

Now that's something I didn't know about command blocks...

Eh, you learn something new everyday with Minecraft.
Posted Image

baeshra
    baeshra

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 884 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PosttheDeadlyShadow, on 12 October 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

The basic idea is that it will only give you the items if in adventure mode. When the command blocks do activate it sets you to survival preventing you from being given the items again.

/give @p[r=2 m=2] 274
@p specifies the nearest player.
r=2 sets the radius. The player must be withing 2 blocks of the command block for it to activate.
m=2 specifies what gamemode the player must be in for the command block to activate.
274 specifies the item to be given to the player that fulfills these requirements.

/gamemode @p[r=2] 0
@p specifies the nearest player.
r=2 sets the radius. The player must be withing 2 blocks of the command block for it to activate.
0 specifies what gamemode the player that fulfills these requirements should be set to.
Posted Image