• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Can ipad/iphone/itouch connect to Minecraft PC Server?

serverapple os itouch ipad connection full version pc

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

CrankyPants13

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if this question was already answered previously.  Posted Image

My nephews and nieces all love playing Minecraft, but they play it on their iPads, iPhones, and iTouches.  I play the full PC version of Minecraft and I really want to host a Minecraft server which they all can enjoy.

If I set up a Minecraft server on my PC, can they connect to it?
What would I need to do to create my dream?  

Thanks in advance!  Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

SomethingAwes0me

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I don't believe that's possible, no, since Minecraft PE only connects to LAN network servers that are completely separate than PC servers, you'd have to get them all on one Wi-Fi network and all on PE to play together.

CrankyPants13

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I never received a definite answer about my question.

Can ANY Apple product connect to a Minecraft multiplayer PC Server?

Does the minecraft server have to be a specific type for apple products to connect to it?  ( Windows, Linux)

Hidinginthelight

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

No. They are very different versions of minecraft.

Well. A Mac computer can.. but I'm guessing that's not what you meant.

CrankyPants13

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Just to bring you guys up to date.  It is indeed possible to create a minecraft server which any PC or Apple product can connect.  Thankfully, a family member figured it out and was able to setup the server for us.  He made a Linux server and we're all able to enjoy the game together!  :)

In a nutshell here it is:
Minecraft's client & server are both written in java. Java is multi-platform. Thus the minecraft clients & server interoperate and do not care what either platform is.  minecraft uses a standard port.  since both platforms use the same binary, they generate the same messages to the server, handle them the same way, etc

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8061 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

but answering your initial question for us, can an ipad etc connect? or just a apple desktop/laptop, which is a pc?

CrankyPants13

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

IOS and XBOX forms of minecraft cannot connect.

FYI: telling apple desktop/laptop users they're using a PC will cause a fire fight of comments!  :)

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8061 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

PC = Personal Computer, doesn't matter who made it, it was easier to use the correct term than apple which could mean a desktop or handheld.

I was questioning because you said in your post that any apple product.

So all the previous post saying minecraft PE can't connect to a normal minecraft server stands

ruffles_ridges
  • Minecraft: ruffles_ridges

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

He said he got it to work, is there really need for any more arguing?

CrankyPants13

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Per my original question I ask HOW to do it NOT if it was possible.
Since no one reading this site's threads could figure this out,  I found my answer via other methods.  :)

arowlany
    arowlany

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Hey Cranky could you please clarify for me, are you running a PC server that both PC minecraft and ios minecraft can connect to, only PC minecraft or only ios minecraft?

I'm hoping you have a PC server that the ios devices can connect to and I too would love to know how to do this so would appreciate if you could let me know or direct me as to where I can find out.

Thanks

P.S. I've been running Mac's for over 15 years and happily refer to it as my PC. It's less confusing to the Windows users Posted Image

Jake3231
    Jake3231

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostCrankyPants13, on 24 October 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

Just to bring you guys up to date.  It is indeed possible to create a minecraft server which any PC or Apple product can connect.  Thankfully, a family member figured it out and was able to setup the server for us.  He made a Linux server and we're all able to enjoy the game together!  :)

In a nutshell here it is:
Minecraft's client & server are both written in java. Java is multi-platform. Thus the minecraft clients & server interoperate and do not care what either platform is.  minecraft uses a standard port.  since both platforms use the same binary, they generate the same messages to the server, handle them the same way, etc
. Thx!  I think I know how to do it now.

Awesome!

SKgamingman

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

can i join a lan network with my cousin playing full version of minecraft pe if i am on my mac on minecraft

nathangamerz
  • Minecraft: nathangamerz

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

No, I dont think its possible because they are both different versions and there not the same.

DemonsCry

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Postarowlany, on 23 January 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Hey Cranky could you please clarify for me, are you running a PC server that both PC minecraft and ios minecraft can connect to, only PC minecraft or only ios minecraft?

I'm hoping you have a PC server that the ios devices can connect to and I too would love to know how to do this so would appreciate if you could let me know or direct me as to where I can find out.

Thanks

P.S. I've been running Mac's for over 15 years and happily refer to it as my PC. It's less confusing to the Windows users Posted Image

I would like to know too if possible.

Survivzor

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

NO.

iphone ipad  iOS do not have Java.

Java running on an iOS platform currently is outside the bounds of the iOS SDK Agreement -wikipedia.

View Postrch, on 24 March 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

I use my shoe temporary Minecraft window sponge.

garrett111398
  • Minecraft: garrett111398
  • Xbox:AIRQUEST22

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:49 AM

Continuing on what Survivzor said, there is no way to access a server from those two, completely separate software platforms.

Hello2215
  • Minecraft: Hello2215

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

You can access server chat only through the App Minechat. It allows you to send messages and revive them but you can't move around, mine etc.

The free version is for premium servers only and the paid version is $0.99 Australian Dollars which also alows you to connect to cracked servers. Unfortunately it requires iOS 6 which I can't get on my iPod so if anyone knows of a similar program that is iOS 5 compatible I would be greatfull to know what it is.

Hello2215 :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Joefletcher

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

You can do this and it's very easy to do. Got to http://www.pocketmine.net and download the server from there.

If you have set up a PC server before you'll have no trouble. otherwise give me a shout and I'll run you through what you need to do.