How can i make portals to other worlds?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

SPASTIC
    SPASTIC

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • Location: Out of this world in a land of wonderful people and culture, where there is no such thing as sexism,ageism and racism, LOL im joking... its Poland :D
  • Minecraft: MuffinLiberal

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Hey all!

So recently I was made a moderator and builder on a new server and I started building the new spawn, I want to create a portal room which is obviously full of portals, I want to create portals to a a PVP world, a survival world, creative world and a main city, I want the portals to look like nether portals, the server has world edit and multiplayer commands if that helps. :)
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

MaIice
    MaIice

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

There are multiple ways to achieve something like this. It's all a matter of what plugins you want to use.

This is a very good plugin.
It supports per world inventories. Use that and a combination of per-world permission groups to finely tune what a user can do on each world.
It can get pretty complicated though with lots of editing involved, but will ultimately do what you need. Make sure to grab the version that meets the build of Bukkit that you're using.

If you want a more simple way to do what you want. You can simply use Server Signs plugin. Just set the command onto a sign, and set the permission for it. <- You'll need to give that permission node to the group you want to limit it to.

Posted Image

Like Nothing you ever experienced before. The very first Adventure Mode Multiplayer Server. Inspired by Dark Souls and Berserk.

bacon_avenger
  • Minecraft: bacon_avenger

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostMaIice, on 08 October 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

There are multiple ways to achieve something like this. It's all a matter of what plugins you want to use.

This is a very good plugin.
It supports per world inventories. Use that and a combination of per-world permission groups to finely tune what a user can do on each world.
I just want to point out that, while multiverse-core is an excellent plugin for multiworld setups, it does not natively support per-world inventories.  That's handled by the multiverse-inventories plugin (available at http://dev.bukkit.or...se-inventories/), which is made by the same team.
I ride the bukkit on Linux with a PEX shooter at my side.  Please don't PM me for help, PM's don't help the community at large as it's not publicly viewable.  Use pastie or pastebin for files, I will not download files.  Click the up arrow if I helped. (I also do YT Vids)