1 reply to this topic

The_Fool76
    The_Fool76

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3032 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

The latest change removes a feature that some of us found very useful.  Namely the ability to power a block horizontally adjacent to a red torch.

While I can understand the desire to make it simpler, I'd rather not lose functionality, so I propose a compromise.

Have the torches power the block on the opposite side to which they are mounted.  Mount a torch on the top of a block and it powers the one above it.  Mount it on the side, and it powers the block to the side.  This way the torches are still powering only one block and you still have fairly intuitive control but you don't give up the ability to transfer power to a block from the side with a torch.
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Swingerzetta
  • Minecraft: Swingerzetta

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:26 AM

Hello! and welcome to this side of town.
This idea could work pretty well, and it would serve as a compromise. It might be a little confusing to those who haven't learned the system yet, but it is at least simpler to see what's actually happening.

another, slightly more complex solution is This one where we would have the option of building placeable blocks out of redstone, which could then carry (and thus cancel) torches