Latest News Article

Is Minecraft "Dead"?

update 1.3 1.4 1.2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
670 replies to this topic

Kwitcherbelyakin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostXinkc, on 03 December 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

It's a troll thread because the OP admitted that he created it for the purpose of laughing at people taking the subject too seriously. Those posts however, and those that quoted Sethblue, were all deleted by mods because they were presumably reported. I know since I'm one of the people who replied to his posts and reported them.

I will agree, however, that there is a difference between something being "dead" and its "originality being dead." It continually saddens me to see people post in reply to the title and not even read the OP.

ah, well that makes sense - good stuff. Your reporting + deleted posts turned this into a non-troll thread! haha  :]

Your last sentence there - I'm totally with you. That drives me nuts. And it happens all the time. (happened again 2 posts after yours, even LOL!)

Cheers!

Register or log in to remove.

BladeOfTheEast
  • Minecraft: tomahawk27

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Even though he is being kind of selfish (as you all have previously stated) but I think he has the right to his own opion. What is limmiting him from asking to remove previous mechanics from the games? Sure he going to be rejected but the least you could do is be a tiny bit nice about it.
have a question about redstone? email me about it at [email protected]

DaveyC
    DaveyC

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

I feel like minecraft is awesome, it just depends how creative you are. At least I feel that way, If you have a lot of ideas, I feel as if it still keeps it's value. But every once in a while it seems a minecraft user runs out of ideas, and you take a break till the update, which brings you back to the game, and gives you new ideas.
I don't think minecraft loses luster, unless you mean like every other game, that when it is new, it has a magic to it, but that doesn't exclude any game, so that argument doesn't make much sense.

Hunnimonster
  • Minecraft: Hunnimonster

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

View PostSethBlue, on 07 October 2012 - 06:54 AM, said:

Honestly, sooner or later, I'll just quit Minecraft,

Quit see if we care I don't some of the update that mojang put like the 1.3 update that messed up single player which caused my FPS to drop from 50 fps to 35 fps on a good day and 20 FPS on a bad day. But I don't moan about these things because mojang said there going to work on them. If you don't want to see witch's and bats don't go into swamps or mine end of.

tonytwo
    tonytwo

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostGerbilCrab475, on 07 October 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

ARRRRRRRRGH!
Posted Image
Another stupid complaint thread!
Lol i love that animation
If you liked what i said, don't be afraid to give me a Posted Image
Posted Image

Dwarvenhero81

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Let this Thread Die.
Are you planning to make suggestion? check the search bar first.

Kwitcherbelyakin

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

View PostDwarvenhero81, on 04 December 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

Let this Thread Die.
Thanks for the bump!  Posted Image

helolol_MC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

I think they should just add a feature to make it so that you can play with the old features.

Example 1: Options > Video Settings > Alpha Lighting: OFF

Example 2: Options > Video Settings > Alpha Textures: OFF

Example 3: Options > Pre 1.4 Sound: OFF

See where I'm going here? I mean there is probably a mod for this sort of thing but I think it would be cool to have it in the vanilla game.

Adventure_Ben

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Before anyone Judges me I have to say : Think of something fun in the past , wasnt it much greater back then WRONG , Time changes all you think how the present is so crumby compared to the past its not. This is the same as Minecraft  , I joined around Alpha/Beta but recently I  played Beta 1.6.6 but well there isn't anything fun I havent done. When you first got the game you played and played , you played the crap outta it untill there is nothing fun to do. An update adds more to the game , if you play alpha/beta your realise its not as good as you remember , try it

I like the updates BTW

Before anyone Judges me I have to say : Think of something fun in the past , wasnt it much greater back then WRONG , Time changes all you think how the present is so crumby compared to the past its not. This is the same as Minecraft  , I joined around Alpha/Beta but recently I  played Beta 1.6.6 but well there isn't anything fun I havent done. When you first got the game you played and played , you played the crap outta it untill there is nothing fun to do. An update adds more to the game , if you play alpha/beta your realise its not as good as you remember , try it

I like the updates BTW

Posted Image

qw6722
    qw6722

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

I'd say that for any game you would only like the version you played first. The only reason why you don't like it anymore is because you aren't getting all of the surprises you got when you first got the game since you've played it so much.

If you really want something new that is good, install a mod or two that you like.
Posted Image
Please help me raise this dragon by clicking on it!

xRagan
    xRagan

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 766 posts
  • Minecraft: xRagan

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

Minecraft has sold 12 million+ copies across the platforms, most of them the last 1 year or so. I'd hardly call Minecraft dead.
May the force be without you.

Posted Image

ZeroLinkYoshi
  • Minecraft: ZeroLinkYoshi

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Let me get this straight...
You don't like the new updates, but your favorite servers update. You update so that you can play on your favorite servers, which have updated to the update you hate. Isn't that fairly contradictory?
Also, If you are that   ed, i'm sure nbxlite has something for you...
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1725186-wip-the-whiteleaf-mod-v010/]Posted Image[/url]

Pioco56
    Pioco56

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Minecraft: Pioco56

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

I know minecraft continues for more 2 years but i do not know jab is going to do a good work on minecraft.

Pioco56                                        
                                                      Posted Image  Posted Image i do not know Posted Image Posted Image

Jukan
    Jukan

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Minecraft: Jukan
  • Xbox:JukanX

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Discussions about the Mod API (As it will be called when released, plugins) included the Mojang team stating they wish to convert vanilla minecraft into a plugin, or in this case, a series of plugins. The goal they have is for features of the game to be possible to add, modify, or even REMOVE features we don't like. This means if you don't like witches, remove witches. Hate hunger so much? remove it!

Now we all know this won't be for a loooong time but it will happen. I personally enjoy all thats been added since even beta 1.8 and have been around since alpha 1.1.2_1 so yeah.

Source: Minecon 2012 mod API discussion panel (for the plugins section)

relevance to the topic: So originality is dead in the game? Just wait, in due time, make minecraft what you want it to be, It's the whole reason the mod API is being developed.

RadioactivFly

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Ugh. This thread is nothing but one huge 32-page flame war. It REALLY should be locked. (Mod, hint hint...)
Posted Image

YellowEmperor

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:59 AM

Wow who ever make this post is dumb i got nothing to say just dumb why would mojang say what ever u want it to be?

And no one cares about u quiting minecraft because u already pay for the game hah

Rektar
    Rektar

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I like most of the updates, but I do have some exeptions

Sponges-They just had to make them useless.
Blindness and nausea potions-They were very uselful in adventure maps.
Monsters not falling down pits-How can I make traps now?
Endermen jumping in water-Say bye to easy work.

But other then those, I love the new features.
So I disagree.
Spoiler:

GoneDinoNerdy

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

Why are you complaining? What is good about MineCraft is in most updates it adds something new to the game, which will make a new nostalgic memory. For example: When I first heard a bat, I freaked out. (Naturally I never read what the update had Posted Image) I searched around the cave trying to find out what was making that noise. When I found the bat, I just laughed. It was probably one of my most memorabilia moments in MC.
Posted Image
Join the Death Note RP on the forum games:http://www.minecraft...e-rp-accepting/

Ghooostie

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

View PostDwarvenhero81, on 04 December 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

Let this Thread Die.

^ That.
Killing a pig a day, keeps the creepers away
Hai :3

ShadowFlameX_X
  • Minecraft: ShadowFlameX_X

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Ok. First Of All. Minecraft Is NOT Dead. If You Go To The Website There's 8,455,385 And Still Counting People Who Have Bought The Game And Maybe 500 Don't Play The Game Anymore. Minecraft Is A Lively, Updating, And Moddable Game. So If You Don't Like It, Don't Play It. Instead Of Ranting On About How The Game Is Dying. And I Remember My First Minecraft World, A Small Little House Behind A Mountain. And I Remember The Rainy Nights And The Creepers Staring Through My Windows In Minecraft 1.8. I Never Expected Half Of The Things That Are In The Game Today To Be Even Thought Of To Be Implemented Into The Minecraft Game. But Some Updates Had Some Bad Things. But I Still Love Minecraft And It's New Features. So Therefore Minecraft Is NOT Dead. At least One More Person Plays It.
Posted Image