Latest News Article

Minecraft Skin Creating

epic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

rainbowdash4321
  • Minecraft: linkstorm36

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:30 AM

Alright my first post was kind of a dud, but now i have a new idea (hopefully not taken). What if Minecraft updated their game to use skin editors differently? I know that it would take a while to set up new skin editors for this idea, but it might be worth it. So, what if you could make your characcter as wide and as long as you think it should be? (there would be restrictions to how wide and tall you can go) If this idea doesn't work, then how about being able to add and delete pixels from a skin you are creating? (also restrictions on how many pixels you can add) I mean, this will increase lag, im certain of it, but if we can do this, Mojang will probably be able to figure out how to reduce the lag for this.

im not saying both of these ideas for skins should be added, im just saying either one would be cool.
Rainbow Dash- 20% cooler in 10. Seconds. Flat.

Register or log in to remove.

Talons7331

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Bad idea. You added detail, but it's still a bad idea. And skin editors aren't made by mojang - they're 3rd party tools. IMO I give this 4/10 because I'm nice.

I've decided minecraftforum is terrible.Posted Image

0_Zippy
    0_Zippy

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5189 posts
  • Minecraft: x_Zippy

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

I don't think it works that way... I'm not seeing much of a point in adding a skin editor to the game itself, when there are tons of programs out there made to do this (including Photoshop and MS Paint). The adding/removing pixels thing isn't that good of an idea either, because that would result in a lot of complications between image resizing on player skins from player to player - it's easiest to just stick to the same thing for all players.
Hey, you there. Yes, you! Are you thinking about posting a suggestion on the forums anytime soon? If so, please read this before doing so.

rainbowdash4321
  • Minecraft: linkstorm36

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

I know skin editors are not made by Mojang (sorry im not that good at explaining things :/) and i DID think that adding pixels to characters would do something bad, so i thought that maybe sometime in the near future, they could make it where you can adjust height and width. And i just want to be helpful with the game designing ideas.
Rainbow Dash- 20% cooler in 10. Seconds. Flat.