• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Disconnected by server: Illegal position?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

JIGALMIGHTY
  • Minecraft: JIGALMIGHTY

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hey guys and gals

SO yesterday i was wanting to find some sweet ores so i decided to teleport somewhere random. I put in 123456789 for my x-co-ord and 987654321 as my y-co-ord (lol). I thought that this couldn't hurt to try, so i did. Then it came up with a screen that said Disconnected by server: Illegal position​ with one option to go to the title screen. I've researched on some solutions and it said for me to delete my player.dat file. I tried this and with optimism; no luck fixing the problem.

Anyone with the brains/skills to fix this problem???

Cheers :D

Register or log in to remove.

Sunnyxx
    Sunnyxx

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Minecraft: Sunnyxx

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Was this on a public server? A private one? Or single player?

Details may help. :)

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

Person360
  • Minecraft: Person360

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I've heard of the error coming up once, when a mod on a server used a plugin to sleep during the day.

Wait hold on... Where is the distance limit in minecraft? I know if you go too far the world pretty much breaks. And you went... Really, really far.

Edit: Ah yes, Here on the minecraft wiki:
http://www.minecraft...t/wiki/Farlands
If you go down to the after 1.8 section is says you'll be trapped within fake chunks once you go past Plus or minus 30,000,000 blocks. You teleported much, much farther.
Posted Image

Darkskytornado

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

You REALLY exceeded the distance and altitude minecraft could bear. You got a lot over the far lands (http://www.minecraft.../wiki/Far_Lands) and the height limit (256 blocks), so that would be the reason why minecraft thought of it as a "Illegal Position".
Posted Image

JIGALMIGHTY
  • Minecraft: JIGALMIGHTY

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

Hey guys,

thanks for your help..

Yea ive came across info about the far lands and stuff but idk how to fix this :( I worked really hard on this world and yea... I dont really want to start a new one.

Any actual solutions on how to fix this????

This is my single player game Btw

CHeers

DaemoN67
    DaemoN67

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Minecraft: DaemoN67

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

I can help. Backup your broken world first, as this may break it irreparably.
Now, start a new world (using the same seed of the old world, if possible, and same gamemode and map type). Close Minecraft and open the saves folder.  Go into the new world, copy the level.dat. Paste it in the old world.
Go back to the new world. Go to the players folder, and copy the .dat with your MC name on it. Paste it in the players folder of the old world. This should fix it, but rarely can corrupt it or wipe the map, that's why I got you to back up the world first Posted Image
You'll lose your inventory and the name of the world will be changed, but you have your world back.
Let me know if you still have problems Posted Image
Hope I helped.

Also, don't teleport further than x: 30000000 z: 30000000. Those values are thirty million, and that's the edge of the map. Height doesn't matter, but you'll probably either die from fall damage or suffocation if you teleport like that in survival. In survival, if you teleport past the thirty million mark, you'll fall into the void. Or if you run past the thirty million mark too, so be careful. If you go past the thirty-two million mark or 32000000, on the x or z axis, then you'll get the illegal position thing.
Posted Image
/\  Stolen from Axxe127, who stole from awshox, who stole from switchs, who stole from Badgerz, who stole from Tirin.

DaemoN67
    DaemoN67

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Minecraft: DaemoN67

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

View PostPerson360, on 02 October 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

I've heard of the error coming up once, when a mod on a server used a plugin to sleep during the day.

Wait hold on... Where is the distance limit in minecraft? I know if you go too far the world pretty much breaks. And you went... Really, really far.

If you go down to the after 1.8 section is says you'll be trapped within fake chunks once you go past Plus or minus 30,000,000 blocks. You teleported much, much farther.
With the multiplayer/singleplayer merge, you can now fly out to the 32 million mark, where you get the illegal position thing. In 1.2.5, you could only go out like 32 blocks from 30 million, then you got trapped, and on 1.2.5 MP, you could go out up to 32 million. You can do it now in SP too.

View PostDarkskytornado, on 02 October 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

You REALLY exceeded the distance and altitude minecraft could bear. You got a lot over the far lands (http://www.minecraft.../wiki/Far_Lands) and the height limit (256 blocks), so that would be the reason why minecraft thought of it as a "Illegal Position".
It doesn't matter what height you teleport to. I've teleported to y-1000000000000000 and y(+)100000000000000. First one, got killed by void, second, I was just in air.

View PostJIGALMIGHTY, on 02 October 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

Hey guys and gals

SO yesterday i was wanting to find some sweet ores so i decided to teleport somewhere random. I put in 123456789 for my x-co-ord and 987654321 as my y-co-ord (lol). I thought that this couldn't hurt to try, so i did. Then it came up with a screen that said Disconnected by server: Illegal position​ with one option to go to the title screen. I've researched on some solutions and it said for me to delete my player.dat file. I tried this and with optimism; no luck fixing the problem.

Cheers Posted Image

The level.dat was rewriting the player.dat. Deleting the level.dat would break your world, until you replace it lol.

And, the y co-ord is height, not length (in case you didn't know).
Posted Image
/\  Stolen from Axxe127, who stole from awshox, who stole from switchs, who stole from Badgerz, who stole from Tirin.

SaberVic
    SaberVic

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

It literally happened to me today but found out a solution. If you have the essentials jailing plugin thing , if you jail the player , he automatically goes there then if you unjail him , he will spawn in the jail meaning you dont need to alter any stupid files

Kawesome12

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I have the same problem. I'm in single player, and I've tried DaemoN67's solution: it just erased all the manmade items on the map. i copied back the old files, but not the old playername.dat file, and it started staying illegal stance again.
     As for where i am, i teleported myself 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 blocks (one dacillion blocks) above where i was.

Help, please!

paideguinha
  • Minecraft: paide99thousand

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

View PostJIGALMIGHTY, on 02 October 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

Hey guys and gals

Cheers Posted Image
If you pass x = 30,000,000 or y = 30,000,000 - It will be called ''The Far Lands''. The game will let you travel until the 32,000,000 x/z mark. Once you are AT (Not after) 32,000,000 - it will quit the game and say ''illegal position''.  CMP, SMP, CSP, SSP, Whatever game mode, it will say illegal position no mater what. Thats passing the limit of minecraft - look it up in the wiki for more information!

Edit: The illegal postition is also intended.

Also, there is no solution Posted Image

View PostDaemoN67, on 03 October 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

I can help. Backup your broken world first, as this may break it irreparably.
Now, start a new world (using the same seed of the old world, if possible, and same gamemode and map type). Close Minecraft and open the saves folder.  Go into the new world, copy the level.dat. Paste it in the old world.
Go back to the new world. Go to the players folder, and copy the .dat with your MC name on it. Paste it in the players folder of the old world. This should fix it, but rarely can corrupt it or wipe the map, that's why I got you to back up the world first Posted Image
You'll lose your inventory and the name of the world will be changed, but you have your world back.
Let me know if you still have problems Posted Image
Hope I helped.

Also, don't teleport further than x: 30000000 z: 30000000. Those values are thirty million, and that's the edge of the map. Height doesn't matter, but you'll probably either die from fall damage or suffocation if you teleport like that in survival. In survival, if you teleport past the thirty million mark, you'll fall into the void. Or if you run past the thirty million mark too, so be careful. If you go past the thirty-two million mark or 32000000, on the x or z axis, then you'll get the illegal position thing.
You can still teleport over 30,000,000 - there isnt any lag - but things will behave weird though.

View PostPerson360, on 02 October 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

You won't be trapped at 30,000,064. But after 1.3, the limit increased to 32,000,000 + or -.

altaira55a55in

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Here is a solution.  You will need MCEdit: http://www.mcedit.net/
First, close Minecraft.  Minecraft MUST be closed.  Open MCEdit, and open your "broken" world.
Then go to move player (steve head) and click on the player you moved.  Hit move player.  Find a ground coordinate and then click on the ground.  Then, do the same the same thing but this time to "Player".  Then hit control-s or command-s to save.  Open your world.  If you have stuff on you, type in /gamerule keepInventory true. (it is caps sensitive). Then, enter /kill to the chat.  You will respawn and have all of your stuff.  This does work very well, I teleported my friend out of the world and this method fixed that.

Colnusca
    Colnusca

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft: XxcolddeathxX

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:18 AM

I may have slightly teleported WAY too far: x: 999 centillion y: 999999999999 centillion z: 999 centillion and im sure thats a bit too far...

QuinoaFalafel

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

I teleported too high in my singleplayer world; I kept trying to go in and type /kill but it wouldn't work. Finally I was able to copy the command /tp 1 1 1, and pasted it into the chat bar. It killed me, but I got the world back!

quark8790

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

Word of advice to people: DON'T TELEPORT (at all) IN A WORLD YOU CARE ABOUT.
Posted Image
If you want a reply, Quote me! Oh, and if I really was trying my best, hit the little green "up" button.

dpshockeynut

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Solution by Altaira55a55in (above) works perfectly!!!!

Lost control and could not log in at all to type in chat.  Trapped due to teleporting too far.  Could not get back in.  This solution works!!  THANK YOU!!!!