• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

accidentally deleted minecraft save

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

12razer12

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hello guys. As is said in the title, i accidentaly permanently deleted a world from the saves folder with shift + delete.
I tried with many programs to recover my world (recuva, pandora recovery etc) and i actually did recover something but not the whole , because now when i put it in the saves folder, i cannot select it in the game , it's like it's not there.
I'll put the save here so you can have a look and tell me if something it's missing or what's wrong.
http://www.mediafire...ceddhtrgrdy4r4i
I also tried the trick with previous version in the save folder, but it didn't work for me.
Thanks in advance

Register or log in to remove.

theFriedZombie
  • Minecraft: theFriedZombie

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Probably the world isn't recoverable, because some important files are missing.

12razer12

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have the following , let's say, plan - you take a look at my world and compare it with one of your worlds, one that you are sure works , tp compare the content of them. Comparing, you can tell me what files are missing and i can look for them with pandora recovery , recuva or whatever and hope that the files haven't been overwritten yet, so i can recover them.

Tedster
    Tedster

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4591 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

What you can do is take the seed (if you have it) and create a new world with that seed. It would be the same world depending on the time it was generated originally.
I used to be a Support Guru, but then ran out of time. I have more time now, but I'll only make the occasional helpful post.

Shadow3146

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

it seems that your region in the saves file is outdated...