• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Electric conversion machine - change energy from buildcraft, to indusrtrial craft and more!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

oliverrook
  • Minecraft: oliverrook

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hey. I just realized that there are many different types of power in the tech mods that make up the modding community. There's buildcraft, industrial craft, redpower, and others. I am aware of universal electricity, but coverting some of the big mods that are already out there would be a hassle for everyone.
My idea is to make a kind of "power converter" that would take the various forms of energy, and turn them into other forms of energy based on a scale everyone can agree on.
This way, you could run an indstrial craft machine, with buildcraft oil, or redpower solar panels, thus making an excrutiatingly easier way to power everything. This mod could even have a basic api, which the author would simply have to put in the power source that it wanted to convert, and a number that would say how many of that power source it takes to make a power unit for that mod.

The reason I'm not saying what the conversion units would be, is because I think it would be better for the community to figure it out.

Anyone like this idea?
Everything is something, even nothing is something, it is the void of something, and therefore is something, being a void.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ThaTwinkeh
  • Minecraft: MrTwinkeh

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

There is already a mod like this out there, it's called Power Converters.
Posted Image
Click it!