• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Real Life Mod: Updated for 1.4.5!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

GriffonDefender

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

In the beginning there was only a few items and a single class file......... but now, there is over 70 items and over 100 class files!

In under a year, I have gone from a tiny mod idea, to a large mod that adds many different items from real life into Minecraft! I am truly proud to be the owner of the Real Life Mod, as it has advanced so far in the past few months.

Now, many wonder: Why is it not real life? The answer to this lies in the fact that if it were real life, it would have to modify every single texture, class file, and sound in Minecraft, and requiring the programming skill of a programming veteran. So, simply put: It does not make Minecraft into real life, it only adds features from real life into Minecraft.

Now, I'm not going to say my mod is the best, but it certainly has proved to become a great mod, and I'm planning to give all mod developers out there a run for their money, and my goal is for my mod to be about equal with the Aether Mod (Although I highly doubt that's really possible).

Now, onto what's really important: The mod itself!

If you're looking for recipies, they are just under here:
Spoiler:

If you want to donate, I thank you, as all donations make a difference, even if it's only a few cents. You can donate here.

All the downloads for the files are found on my website here.
TO INSTALL: First, go get Minecraft Forge from http://files.minecraftforge.net/
and install that. ( I will update the mod to be compatible with the latest forge between about 1-2 days after it comes out, so you're going to want to go with the last one.)
  Second, download the .zip file from the most recent download available and extract all the files into your minecraft.jar
  Third, run your Minecraft, and wait for FML (Forge ModLoader) to prepare everything.
And that's it! You're done!
  ***IMPORTANT NOTE: 4.70 Is NOT compatible with Minecraft 1.4.5, you will have to downgrade to 1.4.4 if thats what you're running. I will update to 1.4.5 as soon as forge for 1.4.5 comes out.***
   ***ALSO IMPORTANT: 4.71 MUST use forge 6.4.0.397, or else the game will likely crash!
CHANGELOG:
Spoiler:

Todo list:
Add chocolate cake (Courtesy of Michaeladair)
Fix the bug where you can mine any ore with any pickaxe and get the item fine.
Add a toaster
Add a Compresser where you can compress coal into diamond instead of just crafting it.
SMP!
Fix all the textures.
Fix the bug where it displays Aluminum instead of Copper on copper. (Fixed in 4.65b)

After this todo list is finished, I think I might take a bit of a break from programming the mod, but I will still update it.

The old topic:
Spoiler:

griffondefender.weebly.com
Minecraft mods, texture packs, and more!

Register or log in to remove.

Kirwii
    Kirwii

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

Don't you know how to make the background transparent?
Posted Image
Check this out ! (P.S. I love comments)

GriffonDefender

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostKirwii, on 30 September 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Don't you know how to make the background transparent?
Yes, I do. It's just the recipies are outdated and I need to update the images, but I haven't really gotten around to it. And also, for some reason there is residue around all the textures, that's why I put in my todo list that I needed to fix the textures.

Kirwii
    Kirwii

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Ahh okay.
Posted Image
Check this out ! (P.S. I love comments)

SergeTheUrge
  • Minecraft: surgetheurge

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

want me to do it  for you? i got cs4 under my fingertips.
I get thousands of views on all of my videos, Please contact me if you would like a mod spotlight. Please unique and interesting mods only.

HCM2012
    HCM2012

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Minecraft: HCM2012

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Nice mod. Seems really cool. :)

GriffonDefender

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

View PostHCM2012, on 30 September 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Nice mod. Seems really cool. Posted Image
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to see after it finished :)

View PostSergeTheUrge, on 30 September 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

want me to do it  for you? i got cs4 under my fingertips.
No thanks, I'll see if I can get it done tomorrow. If I can't then I'll see if you're still up for it.

GriffonDefender

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Ok, just putting this out there: If there is something you want added to the mod that isn't on the todo list, please post it and I'll see if I can get it done. I hope the update for 1.4 doesn't take as long as this one did though..........

Slye_Fox
  • Minecraft: slye_fox

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

You spelled Aluminium wrong.

Anyway, nice work so far.
Just a couple of fixes to the sprites would make it better.
Posted Image
Shana Dova

Pyro1997
  • Minecraft: pyro1997

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

I suggest Paint.NET for editing textures. It's quite simple.

Oh, and might want to add something a little... Different to the mod. Like a new Mechanic, or something more than just a few more items and foods.
Posted Image
I am a mod tester, a test modder, a texture renderer, and a rendering texture. I am Pyro.

TheSpectre
  • Minecraft: Nick_the_Creeper
  • Xbox:Fedora12

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Great mod, and I like the fact that the coal to diamonds recipe is balanced. But I also agree with the poster above; something 'different' would make the mod great.
Christianity in a nutshell: We have all sinned, so we deserve eternity in hell. But God (God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Spirit) loved us so much he sent His Son to die for us, to take the punishment meant for us. All we need to do is accept it, and we have heaven headed our way.

GriffonDefender

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostSlye_Fox, on 01 October 2012 - 12:54 AM, said:

You spelled Aluminium wrong.

Anyway, nice work so far.
Just a couple of fixes to the sprites would make it better.
Ok, I'll look into that. Thanks!

View PostPyro1997, on 01 October 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

I suggest Paint.NET for editing textures. It's quite simple.

Oh, and might want to add something a little... Different to the mod. Like a new Mechanic, or something more than just a few more items and foods.
That's what I'm planning to do with the toaster and Carbon Compresser.

View PostPhantom699, on 01 October 2012 - 01:50 AM, said:

Great mod, and I like the fact that the coal to diamonds recipe is balanced. But I also agree with the poster above; something 'different' would make the mod great.
Thanks!
Man, why can't the youtube community be as awesome as the minecraftforum.net community?

GriffonDefender

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Ok, 4.65b is realeased.......... next update: 4.7 which will include an actual toaster powered by redstone to cook toast! (i'm debating on whether or not I should leave in the option to use the furnace for that too. Comments on opinions please?)

Tolgalan
    Tolgalan

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

View PostGriffonDefender, on 01 October 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Thanks!
Man, why can't the youtube community be as awesome as the minecraftforum.net community?
Because more people use Youtube and most of them don't care for anything like your mod.
But I for one think it's a great idea, and I think your coal to diamond recipe should be the one in tekkit, (at least emc wise that is) cause when i put a diamond into condenser it gives me like 16 coal (dont quote me on that but feel free to correct me).

GriffonDefender

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Update for 1.4.4 was released just a few minutes ago, Version 1.70! I will work as hard as I can to get the things I want added in ASAP and also an update for 1.4.5! I apologize for not adding anything, as there were a lot of bugs while updating. Sorry guys!

GriffonDefender

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

So, the update for 1.4.5 is finally out, and I apologize for the amount of time it took to be released, but I have been very busy recently. I will be working on getting the Toaster to work as much as possible, and hopefully it will come in the next release.

josrenato

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

mod ruim lixo

GriffonDefender

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

View Postjosrenato, on 20 December 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

mod ruim lixo
Well, I really have no clue what you said there. Unless you were trying to advertise a different mod, which is quite possible. And also against the forum rules.

GenericTroll

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

This is stupid all you're doing is adding a bunch of food and ores. This has nothing to with real life. No one would make an aluminum sword to fend with. How about you actually try and make a mod instead of just adding a bunch of items like almost anybody who plays minecraft can do

GriffonDefender

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostGenericTroll, on 22 January 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

This is stupid all you're doing is adding a bunch of food and ores. This has nothing to with real life. No one would make an aluminum sword to fend with. How about you actually try and make a mod instead of just adding a bunch of items like almost anybody who plays minecraft can do
Last time I checked, a lot of people who play Minecraft don't know how to code Java. And also, I am planning on adding other things, unless you hadn't seen the ToDo list. And, this may just be me, but if all I had was a weak metal like aluminum, I would personally make something to benefit me, even if it's just for a short time.