Latest News Article

Technic Launcher

launchers download technic tekkit

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

GAMEREASTMAN713
  • Minecraft: TotalGamer713

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

When i open up the .jar version of the technic launcher DOWNLOAD it comes up with 4 files what do i do with them?
This website actually is pretty cool... Help me out by clicking the eggs ---> Posted Image Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

boombat1307

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

I don't quite get what you mean,
You are trying to say that you downloaden the technic launcher but can't start it?

Lucashbeck
    Lucashbeck

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 240 posts
  • Minecraft: Tassadar12345
  • Xbox:Sony > Microsoft

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

Technic is an illegal buggy piece of crap, they update the mods without permission.
Come check out <a href ="http://lucashbeck.deviantart.com/">My Deviant</a>for Art orders!

boombat1307

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostTassadar12345, on 01 October 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

Technic is an illegal buggy piece of crap, they update the mods without permission.
It is, and people shouldn't use it. But if they choose to do, They still deserve the help you'd hope you get while pirate-ing movies and games...

ti07shadow

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostTassadar12345, on 01 October 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

Ummm..... Mojang does the same thing .... they take other mods from the community and use them in minecraft.
Web & Computer Tech, Programmer, Graphics Designer, Certified Food Protection Manager, what more do you need? Im in food and computers LOL!

boombat1307

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

View Postti07shadow, on 01 October 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

Ummm..... Mojang does the same thing .... they take other mods from the community and use them in minecraft.
There is a big difference between partially implementing the idea from a mod, and using all of someone's code and idea's.

ti07shadow

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I forgot to mention to. There isnt that much oif a difference, also Mojang makes money off it which last i checked with copyright law IS  ILLEGAL. and it doesnt matter about "partially" the fact is they took the IDEA which therefore violates copyright laws.

In order to bypass copyright laws you have to provide "Significant Improvement" and I stress the word "Significant" to claim it as your own.

besides tekkit the mp version of it is being supported now by the mod makers, they are updated for tekkit to the next version just waiting on the equivalent exchange mod to update. There really was only 1 mod that wasnt approved of and guess what its not part of the latest versions now.

and btw if you read this far. Technic isnt making money off it other than donations and all, which is not the same thing btw if you know your laws. but mojang is making money off other peoples ideas/works and tha violates copy right law as I said. The only thing technic is doing that can get in any shape or form in trouble is redistributing it. but I dont see any copyright notices on something that is "Creative Commons" 0.o didnt think i knew about that. Minecraft is open source codin, meaning you can modify it and everything and use supposivley someone elses mod which is Minecraft, therefore mojangs code and thats how mojang bypasses copyright law. thereforte tekkit is copyrighting off mojang even though someone else made the  mod.. :P examine law closley :P
Web & Computer Tech, Programmer, Graphics Designer, Certified Food Protection Manager, what more do you need? Im in food and computers LOL!

GAMEREASTMAN713

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

all i want to use it tekkit...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
This website actually is pretty cool... Help me out by clicking the eggs ---> Posted Image Posted Image

boombat1307

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostGAMEREASTMAN713, on 01 October 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

all i want to use it tekkit...Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Go ahead I respect your choice and opinion about it, and i will even help you where you need help. All i'm saying is that i disaprove of using tekkt, i wouldn't use it.
On-topic:
I dindn't quite understand your problem, you have downloaded techniclauncher but don't know what to do with it?

webrosc
    webrosc

Kitty Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 8049 posts
  • Minecraft: webrosc

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Keep it on topic guys, i don't want to have to give official warnings out

What 4 files are appearing when you run the jar?
Also, which jar file for what os?

ti07shadow

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

Are you using a windows OS? if so open a text editor paste this into it and save it as launch.bat, make sure the technic ja is in the same directory as the bat..

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar nogui

double click the bat file and it should run technic launcher, then just make sure you select Tekkit for the one u want to use.

GAMEREASTMAN713

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:17 AM

View Postti07shadow, on 02 October 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

Are you using a windows OS? if so open a text editor paste this into it and save it as launch.bat, make sure the technic ja is in the same directory as the bat..

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar nogui

double click the bat file and it should run technic launcher, then just make sure you select Tekkit for the one u want to use.
?