sword art online minecraft

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

theredslashace
  • Minecraft: RedSlashAce

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

Posted Image

Sword Art Online Project

I am a part of a small server( run on our custom built computer) which loves big builds so we want to build Sword Art Online the anime which can be viewed on  crunchyroll.com or animeultima.tv.

We are building two versions:

Vanilla
It may not be as fancy as some modded builds because will be intended for vanilla adventure mode but we will try to incorporate advanced red stone(I've built a 3d printer in minecraft which prints in a 8x8x8 grid and a few redstone bosses so I will be working with the redstone team) and the new command blocks when they come out to our map.  Will be playable as is just load it up on a server and its will be ready to play.

Modded
Will be similar to the a fore mentioned map but will also include quite a few moded elements that are being worked on by our ally group: http://www.minecraft...iring-builders/

We know however that our man power to build SAO is too small by ourselves, despite using bukkit world edit tools, so we would love tons of help Posted Image.  However, we only have slots for 20 people online at a time due to bandwidth issues.  I would love people who want to help build SAO that are actually willing to work to help build it to post their IGN and why they would like to help/ what they think they can contribute to a build team.  Once you submit your info I will review it and add you to the white-list asap(usually no more than 24 hours later) if we think you have what it takes.  I will send you an acceptance letter along with the ip when you have been added.   When we finish each floor of the map we would love to make the map available to anyone who would like to host this map especially anyone with the big bandwidth requirements to hold hundreds of fans of this wonderful show Posted Image

Steps
1.  Apply Below (name, reason)
2.  Help Build (after being accepted)
3.  Share whats going on with the Minecraft community in any way possible FB, Youtube, Twitter. Posted Image
4.  Invite friends who you think would be dedicated builders to apply!
5.  If you know hosts who could have lots of people logged in so we can test this map with tons of people let us know! Posted Image
6.  Voice chat with us on Ventrilo (Please use headphones or headset and no vulgar language we don't want to have to ban you)

Sincerely,
RedSlash

Most current update on the project:

Good Reference Picture we are using while building the Town of Beginnings
http://swordartonlin...i/Starting_City

Register or log in to remove.

coolmaverick

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hi My IGN is coolmaverick,
I am good at pixel art and other things. If u give me an idea i can build it.

theredslashace

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

awesome we have it up and running and I just added you to the whitelist Posted Image

AranDragon
  • Minecraft: AranDragon

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

IGN: AranDragon

faredx
    faredx

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Minecraft: faredX

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

Count me in! ign: faredX Im good at medieval buildings and redstone constructions!
Posted Image

theredslashace

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Awesome Faredx Posted Image  I will be at UTA where my pc resides in an hour or two then I will add you.  Look forward to seeing what we can do today Posted Image.

theredslashace

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Those who haven't watched the show I would highly recommend watching them either on crunchyrol.com or animeultima.tv.

theredslashace

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Ok project is going well!  we have made the central plausa of the Town of Beginnings along with the giant clock tower and the archways arround it Posted Image!  We have started on some other parts of the town as well.  We took some pictures but I am having dificuly posting them due to never doing it before.  Could someone please give me suggestions on how to post picutes on this page? I am just going to use youtube and post a video update every once in a while in the top post Posted Image

PS we still need tons more builders please Sign Up Today!

theredslashace

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

first progress video: Posted Image

PS.  I will be on ventrilo most of the afternoon if anyone wants to chat about the project or do a voice chat application.  The client can be downloaded here http://www.ventrilo.com/

theredslashace

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

http://swordartonlin...i/Starting_City Here is a link to a good picture of the town of beginnings which we are using for reference in our build.

theredslashace

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:09 PM

Just talked with people in the face book group we think we should have a big rave party in the town center on Saturday night to celebrate the kick off of the project!  prob start at 7pm Central Time (U.S. and Canada).

CrystalWolf
  • Minecraft: Crystalwolf

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

You did the centre part wrong, in the images it may look that the clock tower is in the middle when it is in fact not.
Way I know this is because I'm working on making the SAO world as well as developing a mod with a group of people.
Feel free to chat to me on my skype, Crystalwolfjacob

theredslashace

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

your right!  thank you so much that makes up for the discrepancy between the earlier picture and the laighter picture!  When I saw the zoomed in picute at 11:12 it looks like its on top then I saw the picture at the beginning 2:09 which makes it look different now that I look after the gm appears it is off to the side!  Thank You so Much!

CrystalWolf
  • Minecraft: Crystalwolf

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

I would but I'm currently working on the map myself.
If you want to know how I know it's in the wrong place, it's because I did it like you then while I was watching Episode 1 (Around where the GM force teleports everyone) An image of the clock tower is how not be part of that flat platform and is actually seperate.

theredslashace

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Yup 12:53 really tells it all!  thank You!  Could You at least come to the rave party we are going to have on Saturday?

theredslashace

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

OK!  Well thank goodness for world edit other wise moving that thing would have taken a while but I think we are back on track now :D!

techknight20
  • Minecraft: techknight76
  • Xbox:techknight76

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

IGN:jgroovy
  • Reasons:
  • If its to do with Sword art online i want in
  • I like building
  • i have been looking for something like this since the anime started (true)
What i would give to you:
  • I can build large areas like dungeons and landscapes (preferably with worldedit) and i dont grief
  • I know how to use quite a few plugins so i can help with that
  • And i know a few people who might want to help too
P.S also im looking for people to help with a SOA mod im planning only problem is i have no knowlege of coding or java all i can do is make models on techne and texture them (prety much)
(maybe make it smp(doubt but still)*hint *hint)

P.S.S? (I think so, whatever) im building a boss room now so ill post pictures soon
"welcome to the crap-café may i take your order"
Posted Image

theredslashace

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

Yes this will be totally be SMP!  is there any other way to go :D!  Anyways hopefully I can add you tomorrow Mojang is experiencing technical difficulties at the moment.  If you want to help with the mod make sure to check  out Ghost and the rest of the programming team here http://www.minecraft...iring-builders/.
PS I hear they need a good modeler.

theredslashace

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Come on Mojang!  We need to get our build server back up.
Mojang:
Site is currently experiencing severe intermittent performance issues.
Counter-action is being called into service.

I hope that they fix this by a good time today so we can get building more.

theredslashace

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hey It looks like only the top approximately 14 levels will be less than 10,000 meters/ blocks across. Those are the only layers smaller than the base floor if you go based on the hologram that the villain shows in episode one.  It makes sense that the top few levels will be small and almost nothing but dungeon as they should be the hardest levels to clear.