• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Xannot
    Xannot

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

Currently, this command only prevents creepers from exploding blocks and endermen from picking/placing blocks. There should be more functionality, though:

- ghast's fireball shouldn't destroy blocks
- blaze's fireball shouldn't start fire
- wither shouldn't be able to 'eat' blocks and its fireballs shouldn't destroy blocks, as well as initial spawn explosion
- silverfish shouldn't be able to transform blocks to monster eggs
They never really were on your side...

Register or log in to remove.

mrman928
    mrman928

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • Minecraft: mrman928
  • Xbox:...

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

This needs to happen

and the ender dragon not breaking blocks
Tepig haz stubby feet.
Spoiler:

FATTYCRASH
  • Minecraft: stinkyfat

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

I agree on this.
Go eAt dOnUtS BeFoRe dOnUtS EaT YoU.

Neospector
  • Location: The Temple of Rhinne, Goddess and Transcendent of Time
  • Minecraft: Neospector

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

The Wither is a boss; and a completely optional, buildable one at that. Why shouldn't it be exempt from the griefing rule? You're the idiot(s) who built a boss mob which is designed to blow up and eat blocks, not any of us.

Badgerz said:

You have to keep in mind that people are stupid.

Catelite said:

Just because you don't understand how something works, doesn't make it broken or pointless. >_<
Posted Image

Holy cow164

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostNeospector, on 29 September 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

The Wither is a boss; and a completely optional, buildable one at that. Why shouldn't it be exempt from the griefing rule? You're the idiot(s) who built a boss mob which is designed to blow up and eat blocks, not any of us.
I think this post is moreso for mapmaking.

View PostStratMaster007, on 07 September 2012 - 05:59 PM, said:

I love how all of us are like "GIVE US MAGIC WIZARDRY MAGIC SORCERY MAGIC ARCANE MAGIC MAGIC" and Jeb is just like "have some potatoes!"

Neospector

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostHoly cow164, on 29 September 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

I think this post is moreso for mapmaking.
Then why spawn the Wither while you're building...?
I have no problem with the others, it's just the fact that there's a great deal of threads "have mobGriefing turn off Wither too" and there's no real reason why.

Badgerz said:

Catelite said:

Just because you don't understand how something works, doesn't make it broken or pointless. >_<
Posted Image

Holy cow164

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostNeospector, on 29 September 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Then why spawn the Wither while you're building...?
I have no problem with the others, it's just the fact that there's a great deal of threads "have mobGriefing turn off Wither too" and there's no real reason why.
You wouldn't build it while making the map, you'd force the PLAYER to build it and fight it.
That way you could have a massive arena to fight it in, and it wouldn't trash it.

I love how all of us are like "GIVE US MAGIC WIZARDRY MAGIC SORCERY MAGIC ARCANE MAGIC MAGIC" and Jeb is just like "have some potatoes!"

Neospector

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostHoly cow164, on 29 September 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

You wouldn't build it while making the map, you'd force the PLAYER to build it and fight it.
That way you could have a massive arena to fight it in, and it wouldn't trash it.
Bedrock. It goes well in enclosed spaces and considering the Wither can fly somewhat, an enclosed space is good. I could build an arena that isn't destroyed. I still don't think it needs to apply to the Wither.

Badgerz said:

Catelite said:

Posted Image

Holy cow164

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

View PostNeospector, on 29 September 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Bedrock. It goes well in enclosed spaces and considering the Wither can fly somewhat, an enclosed space is good. I could build an arena that isn't destroyed. I still don't think it needs to apply to the Wither.
But bedrock is cheap. Besides, if you don't like it, you don't have to use the mobgriefing rule. Using you're logic, why not have creepers blow up without an option? You can always go on peaceful.

Neospector

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostHoly cow164, on 29 September 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

But bedrock is cheap. Besides, if you don't like it, you don't have to use the mobgriefing rule. Using you're logic, why not have creepers blow up without an option? You can always go on peaceful.
No, that's not by my logic at all. My logic is that if the boss is optional, then why should the rule apply to it?
It could be added, but I see no real point for it.

Badgerz said:

Catelite said:

Posted Image

Holy cow164

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostNeospector, on 29 September 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

No, that's not by my logic at all. My logic is that if the boss is optional, then why should the rule apply to it?
Then you don't have to use it. That's the glory of /gamerule.

Brinjal66
  • Minecraft: Brinjal66

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

You don't seem to realise what
/gamerule mobGriefing false
is for. It's point is to allow adventure map makers the ability to have rooms where you fight endermen, creepers, ghasts and other destructive mobs without having to pick and choose which blocks to use to prevent the destruction of your map. If you want the player to fight a wither, it should be no different from if you want them to fight a creeper.
Posted Image

Neospector

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostBrinjal66, on 29 September 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

You don't seem to realise what
/gamerule mobGriefing false
is for. It's point is to allow adventure map makers the ability to have rooms where you fight endermen, creepers, ghasts and other destructive mobs without having to pick and choose which blocks to use to prevent the destruction of your map. If you want the player to fight a wither, it should be no different from if you want them to fight a creeper.
And I said I see no point because the Wither is optional and buildable, and looks better in a bedrock chamber than it does in a meadow of flowers. I understand what the gamerule does, thank you. I also said:

Badgerz said:

Catelite said:

Posted Image

Vojife
    Vojife

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • Minecraft: Vojife

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yes, I definitely agree with the first post as well as with the second.
This needs to be implemented in 1.4
"Limited survival" is my faavourite kind of adventure map and in 1.3.2 it's not really possible at all and only partly in the 1.4 snapshot.

You want a signature? Fine!

Brinjal66
  • Minecraft: Brinjal66

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostNeospector, on 29 September 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

And I said I see no point because the Wither is optional and buildable, and looks better in a bedrock chamber than it does in a meadow of flowers. I understand what the gamerule does, thank you.
Meadow of flowers???
What about a giant stone cavern with ores dotted around, or a  nether cave, lit by glowstone and fire? They would look a lot better than a room made entirely of bedrock. The wither is optional, however if you are making an adventure map (which is what gamerule is for) You may want to add a boss the player has to fight, in this case in the form of the wither, if the wither destroyed your carefully made scenery it would ruin the map. You keep going back to your "it's optional" argument, but it doesn't even  make any sense.  Just because you don't HAVE to spawn in the wither doesn't mean that  we can't add in measures to stop it ruining adventure maps that do use it.
Posted Image

Zoju
    Zoju

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • Minecraft: Zoju

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'd expand the whole command to be able to treat mobs separately. I may want to keep creeper griefing off, but blaze fires on.
For example, "/gamerule creeperGriefing false", or "/gamerule blazeGriefing true".
Suggestion:  The ability to equip and buff mobs in Creative Mode to make minibosses:
http://www.minecraft...-creative-mode/

Vojife
    Vojife

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • Minecraft: Vojife

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostZoju, on 29 September 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'd expand the whole command to be able to treat mobs separately. I may want to keep creeper griefing off, but blaze fires on.
For example, "/gamerule creeperGriefing false", or "/gamerule blazeGriefing true".
Yep, agreed. =)

You want a signature? Fine!

Neospector

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostBrinjal66, on 29 September 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Meadow of flowers???
What about a giant stone cavern with ores dotted around, or a  nether cave, lit by glowstone and fire? They would look a lot better than a room made entirely of bedrock. The wither is optional, however if you are making an adventure map (which is what gamerule is for) You may want to add a boss the player has to fight, in this case in the form of the wither, if the wither destroyed your carefully made scenery it would ruin the map. You keep going back to your "it's optional" argument, but it doesn't even  make any sense.  Just because you don't HAVE to spawn in the wither doesn't mean that  we can't add in measures to stop it ruining adventure maps that do use it.
Since both of you seem to have stopped reading halfway through my posts, let me just make it perfectly clear:

Is my opinion clear to you now?
Those are the reasons I find it pointless. It could be added, but I find it pointless.
You don't have to continue arguing if I concede.

Badgerz said:

Catelite said:

Posted Image

user_1259045

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

View PostXannot, on 29 September 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

- ghast's fireball shouldn't destroy blocks
Definitely.
- blaze's fireball shouldn't start fire
Do /gamerule doFireTick false.
- wither shouldn't be able to 'eat' blocks and its fireballs shouldn't destroy blocks, as well as initial spawn explosion
Agree on the Wither "skulls" not destroying blocks; not so sure about not exploding upon spawn.
- silverfish shouldn't be able to transform blocks to monster eggs
Meh, sure I guess.

Also, the Enderdragon HAS to destroy/not clip to blocks.
The coding for the complicated flight patterns of the dragon was already a lot of work; making them clip to blocks would be even more difficult.

Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

Talist
    Talist

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Minecraft: same as this username

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I support this. Can we make the enderdragon think every block is endstone so it dosen't break them when mob griefing is disabled? And also, the wither needs to be affected by this for 2 resons, 1: So you can have chests, buttons, and levers and stuff in your wither battle room in an adventure map. and 2: If you show your friend all your cool redstone stuff you've built on creative using LAN they can't summon 20 withers and blow it all up.
[Insert Cool Signature Here]