26 replies to this topic

Nilta1
    Nilta1

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

In the new 1.8.2 update, there will be strongholds. On the PC there is three  per world, but the map is unlimited.
On Xbox the map is 1024 x 1024. So how many strongholds do you think that they will make per world.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Taizz
    Taizz

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1751 posts
  • Minecraft: Taizzz

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

I assume there'll be one per world, due to the world's limited size.

Have I helped you? If I have why not help me back and hit the Posted Image down below? :D

JoshDaWolf
  • Minecraft: JoshDaWolf
  • Xbox:edszo

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Probably 1.
How about subbing guys? CrazyNinjaDuckz Thanks!

NEO_ViSiONZ

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

Originally two, most likely one.

Posted Image

drifteratom

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

Dang that sucks. better get looking right away then.

Kiwikyler1
  • Xbox:kiwikyler1
  • PSN:kiwikyler1

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

I hope 2 but there would probably be just 1 what about villages? Is there a chance of them not spawning?

Scottster5945941980

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:55 PM

I'm assuming 4J tweaked stronghold spawning conditions? Because in the PC version strongholds spawn within a 640 to 1152 radius from the origin, but that's obviously outside of the 360 map. I hope they'll be modified to have at least 1 within our 862x862 worlds. It would REALLY suck to have no stronghold when we get The End.

Tamorr
    Tamorr

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2852 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostScottster5945941980, on 27 September 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

I'm assuming 4J tweaked stronghold spawning conditions? Because in the PC version strongholds spawn within a 640 to 1152 radius from the origin, but that's obviously outside of the 360 map. I hope they'll be modified to have at least 1 within our 862x862 worlds. It would REALLY suck to have no stronghold when we get The End.

actually if you don't find one i don't think there will be a The End, unless you somehow through other means get the portal and activate it. But that is a long ways off to tell for sure... We'll see...:D

My First World, always getting back to is a pleasure I enjoy with each new update that brings in more things to add in.

--Arcavia--

NinJakeTsu

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

I hope they only put 1 stronghold on the map, at first I was hoping for 2, but after seeing how big they are (or should I say seem, as I've only seen videos never played pc.) I hope there will only be 1.  More fun to have to "hunt" for it I think.

Scottster5945941980

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostTamorr, on 27 September 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

actually if you don't find one i don't think there will be a The End, unless you somehow through other means get the portal and activate it. But that is a long ways off to tell for sure... We'll see...Posted Image

I meant when the 360 edition gets The End added; I'm fully aware that you need strongholds to get there. >.>

xplodingporkchopz
  • Minecraft: realbrotastic
  • Xbox:Mr Brotastic

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

I believe they announced there will be 1 per world.

RurouniTim
  • Minecraft: RurouniTim
  • Xbox:RurouniTim

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

I'm pretty confident that there will only be 1 stronghold per map. It's a shame that 4j probably won't add the portal blocks in this version. It means that we're probably not going to be able to go into the End on worlds generated in 1.8.2 unless we switch to creative mode and spawn portal frames.
Imma sign my name because you TOTALLY can't read it right above my profile pic and everyone loves to see more of my name.

-RurounileftyTim

PoeticWhisper

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

View PostRurouniTim, on 28 September 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

I'm pretty confident that there will only be 1 stronghold per map. It's a shame that 4j probably won't add the portal blocks in this version. It means that we're probably not going to be able to go into the End on worlds generated in 1.8.2 unless we switch to creative mode and spawn portal frames.

Portal Frames were not added to the PC until 1.3 I think. We aren't getting them anytime soon.

Posted Image

jimmy0341
  • Minecraft: [email protected]
  • Xbox:bostonmobb0341

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

The average guess is 1 stronghold per map and I agree w/this since we have tiny maps and barely any room for abandoned mineshafts and ravines which might not even generate on some maps at all but we will at least get 1 stronghold per map.....hopefully

Posted Image

electricblooz

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

For those worrying about map size and structures...

Please see thispost by Mustache_Guy.

I've evaluated that screen and determined that it is just about to scale with our world.  As you look at it please note that in a space about the same size as our world, there are 13 major cave systems, 19 major abandoned mine shaft systems, and at least 7 very clear ravines.

Explanation: there are a couple of areas where you can see green surface features, if you zoom on these you can see that one pixel on the map is likely to be equal to 1boxel in a world.  The screen shot is 800X600 and our worlds are 894 by 894...

xplodingporkchopz
  • Minecraft: realbrotastic
  • Xbox:Mr Brotastic

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

No, guys you can stop guessing. I remember reading a tweet or interview, I can't
remember exactly, but they announced there will be 1 stronghold per world.

TehJokerz

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

View PostPoeticWhisper, on 28 September 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Portal Frames were not added to the PC until 1.3 I think. We aren't getting them anytime soon.

1.0 I am pretty sure since that is when the end was added, however the portal frames were not added into creative until 1.3s creative inventory

joshhaoex

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

Pretty sure that it will only have one due to the map limitations on the xbox but maybe 4J will pull a stunner for once
Posted Image

GoldOre
    GoldOre

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postjoshhaoex, on 29 September 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Pretty sure that it will only have one due to the map limitations on the xbox but maybe 4J will pull a stunner for once

I'd much rather have breeding, experience, and enchanting than a 2nd stronghold. Adding 2 strongholds is far from a stunner..

Check out my server! Link in spoiler!

Genkipool

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

As long as we get stongholds I'm happy.
"The struggle of survival is a war without end, and war – war never changes." -Ron Perlman in Fallout.