• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Tekkify - Popular Tekkit Server - Looking For Partner, Admins & Builders - #1-3 on Server Lists

staff experience admin looking for tekkify tekkit smp large server

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Nentify
    Nentify

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 1322 posts
  • Minecraft: Nentify

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Posted Image

Site down for maintenance

http://bit.ly/tekkify

Our banner for voting sites:

Posted Image

With the community rapidly increasing in size, the server becoming filled with amazing builds and machines, Tekkify is looking for some new experienced administrators and a partner to work with on the server. The server is currently ranked #1 on MCServerList, #2 on TekkitServerList and #3 on Minestatus. We aim to provide the ultimate Tekkit experience that no other can. So far, we have some very dedicated users and our slots are filled at 185/185 during the day. The server is less populated during school times and earlier in the day however.

We thrive to bring something to the table other Tekkit servers don't, through unique features and ideas to an amazing community and great staff team. In the montage above, you can already see the wide variety of talents we have in the server and what some of our dedicated players have built.

Basic Requiremnts to Apply - Builder
  • Previous work in building, screenies required
  • Experience with RedPower microblocks
  • Ability to create detailed and impressive constructions
  • Active at least a couple of hours a day
Application - Builder

Username:
How much time do you spend online daily?:
How much experience do you have in building?:
Do you have any previous experience?:
Can we see some examples of your work?:

Basic Requirements to Apply - Admin/Partner
If you would like to apply to be a "partner", taking a sort of "co-owner" role, please let me know in a PM. Extra requirements for working with me on the "behind-the-scenes" are things like experience with Linux CentOS and ability to monitor the server and help work with and sort out any lag and other issues. If you wish for more information on this, feel free to drop me a PM.
  • Must be at least 14 years of age (absolute minimum)
  • Have experience with Tekkit and the mods within
  • Have past experience administrating servers
  • Willing to be active and on task when online, as well as on forums and TeamSpeak (not necessarily talking)
  • Use proper grammar and the ability to speak English clearly
If your application is accepted, I would like to have a small chat before giving your rank out to find out anything I feel may have been missed, and just to get to know each other. I will give details to those who are accepted.

If accepted, you will first be put on trial as a moderator to get used to the server, community and the rules and progress forth from there.

Duties - Admin
An administrators main roles and duties include a variety of the following:
  • Moderating the chat and players
  • Answering questions in chat
  • Helping out moderators
  • Catching users who use mods such as x-ray
  • Reporting issues to myself
  • Clearing up claims (our protection system) that are old or break our rules
  • Keeping the world clean
Application - Admin

Username:
How much time do you spend online daily?:
How much experience do you have in administration?:
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?:
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?:
How experienced are you with Tekkit?:

If you have any questions or queries, just let me know. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. We will only accept the most dedicated and experienced users on, we take pride in our server and only wish for the best.

Thanks, and I hope to see you soon!
- Nentify

Posted Image
#1 Tekkit Server:  MCF thread, Website

Register or log in to remove.

PikaChow

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

Username: elliotbar
Location & Timezone: England, GMT
How much time do you spend online daily?: maybe 4 hours.
How much experience do you have in administration?:Lots I host my own server and help out with alot.
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?:I build spawns, Keep chat clear, help the other admins, advertise.
Posted Image

Hakkija
    Hakkija

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

Username: Yogscast4Est
Location & Timezone: Estonia,UTC+2
How much time do you spend online daily?: 3 or 4 hours.
How much experience do you have in administration?: I help other people and clean all mess up or just ban griefers!
What were your roles and duties on those servers,if any?:I help to build other peoples houses,i play and mine together and make together and advise people about tekkit!:D

Nentify
    Nentify

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 1322 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostPikaChow, on 27 September 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Username: elliotbar
Location & Timezone: England, GMT
How much time do you spend online daily?: maybe 4 hours.
How much experience do you have in administration?:Lots I host my own server and help out with alot.
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?:I build spawns, Keep chat clear, help the other admins, advertise.

View PostHakkija, on 27 September 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Username: Yogscast4Est
Location & Timezone: Estonia,UTC+2
How much time do you spend online daily?: 3 or 4 hours.
How much experience do you have in administration?: I help other people and clean all mess up or just ban griefers!
What were your roles and duties on those servers,if any?:I help to build other peoples houses,i play and mine together and make together and advise people about tekkit!Posted Image

Applications denied, lack of detail.

Posted Image

Outypoo
    Outypoo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Minecraft: Outypoo

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

Username:Outypoo
Location & Timezone: Currently living in Birmingham, UK with GMT +1
How much time do you spend online daily?: Week days I spend roughly 8-9 hours online, could spend more on weekends up to a whole Day & Night.
How much experience do you have in administration?:I currently run Outcraft, and was the Co-Owner of Kvendercraft or Endercraft(New owner) and that taught me many skills in handling large groups of people, with 50+ people asking for an Admin you sort of learn to multitask.
I've also been a Admin on Moosecraft, probably still am however the owner shut it down/changed the name.
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?:I had to look after the new players and build the spawn, also edited the Plugins and Permissions for the server.
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have? I tend to surprise people, and I'm not the strictest of people, I can enjoy a joke just as much as anyone else.
Extra: I do enjoy a joke as I stated above, but when it comes to personal terms or offending/spamming/racism, they'd be issued a warning and if they proceeded I would punish them severely.

LegoLegend123

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Username:LegoLegend123( Don't Judge, I played The Game A lot when I was little
Location & Timezone:England GMT
How much time do you spend online daily?: At least 4 a day but generally about 6-7 hours
How much experience do you have in administration?: I have been admin on about 4 servers and Mod on at least 5
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: I was once also event manager and i was chat moderator and just generally mod
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have? I am very creative and have a lot of experiance building cool buildings and i'm a good architect. also i enjoy playing with IC and redpower.
Thankyou

3nThorpe

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Username: 3nThorpe
Location & Timezone:Great Britain Europe
How much time do you spend online daily?: 2 Hours
How much experience do you have in administration?: im Admin On 3 Other Servers
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: Admin And Op And Mod
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have? I Am A Very Good Builder And I Respect And Treat Other Players Well.

Nentify
    Nentify

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 1322 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Applications denied.

Note to future applicants: If you want even a slight chance of getting the place, you are required to include more detail than that of those shown above.

Posted Image

Outypoo
    Outypoo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Minecraft: Outypoo

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostNentify, on 27 September 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

Applications denied.

Note to future applicants: If you want even a slight chance of getting the place, you are required to include more detail than that of those shown above.
Just for some advice here, if you expect people to put that much effort into making a post, like mine and then say it's not enough detail and compare it to the other 1 worded answers, you won't exactly find one on here.

Nentify
    Nentify

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 1322 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostOutypoo, on 27 September 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Just for some advice here, if you expect people to put that much effort into making a post, like mine and then say it's not enough detail and compare it to the other 1 worded answers, you won't exactly find one on here.

Giving one sentence as an answer is not detailed what so ever. One word answers are even worse. If you want to apply for admin on a server that achieves 185/185 online during the day, one sentence per answer doesn't do it. It doesn't show any sense of dedication, determination or willingness to put all your effort in to help the server achieve its goals. We're looking for staff who are the best of the best, to accompany us, not someone who feels they can bag a position through a sentence per question. We're not any old starter server with 10 users online, we're at the top and are looking to extend our administration team. If no one puts effort into their application and they're all denied, so be it. However, there may be someone interested and willing to help out, and that's why this thread is here.

Posted Image

Theraben
    Theraben

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 21 posts
  • Minecraft: Logandude60

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

Username: Logandude60

Location & Timezone: New York. East Coast, USA. EST.

How much time do you spend online daily?: More than I should. ( Minimum 8 Hours. )
Have you used the Tekkit modpack before?: Many Many MANY times. I've played with a bunch of friends on Tekkit. We never fully explored the WHOLE Entire modpack because it changes all the time, but I do know a lot of the main mods.

How much experience do you have in administration?: Incredible amount. I was an Admin for MinecraftXtreme for a year. Then after that, I helped develop a server for 4 months, and that's just minecraft. I've been doing admin and GM work on World of Warcraft private servers since I was 13.

What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: Admin. Keeping the server online, Advertising, Moderating Chat, making and hosting events, keeping players happy, dealing with griefers, dealing with altercations between players. You know, the usual.

What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?: I can bring a whole new outlook and bring much more fun and a new design outlook to your server. If needed, I do have two schematics on hand of recent builds.

How experienced are you with Tekkit?: I'm about 80% expirenced. I do know how everything works. I just have played more Vanilla minecraft than Tekkit, but still I do know a LOT in tekkit. Enough to get me by and such.

In Closing, I hope that you choose me, and if not I probably will still come on the server and try to prove to you that I am not only a good choice, but I am the best choice.

EDIT:: Also, I may have forgotten to mention, but I am a Graphic Designer ( at heart. ) I know how to mess around alot in Photoshop. :)

Edited by Theraben, 27 September 2012 - 08:22 PM.

Nentify
    Nentify

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 1322 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:14 PM

View PostTheraben, on 27 September 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Username: Logandude60

Location & Timezone: New York. East Coast, USA. EST.

How much time do you spend online daily?: More than I should. ( Minimum 8 Hours. )
Have you used the Tekkit modpack before?: Many Many MANY times. I've played with a bunch of friends on Tekkit. We never fully explored the WHOLE Entire modpack because it changes all the time, but I do know a lot of the main mods.

How much experience do you have in administration?: Incredible amount. I was an Admin for MinecraftXtreme for a year. Then after that, I helped develop a server for 4 months, and that's just minecraft. I've been doing admin and GM work on World of Warcraft private servers since I was 13.

What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: Admin. Keeping the server online, Advertising, Moderating Chat, making and hosting events, keeping players happy, dealing with griefers, dealing with altercations between players. You know, the usual.

What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?: I can bring a whole new outlook and bring much more fun and a new design outlook to your server. If needed, I do have two schematics on hand of recent builds.

How experienced are you with Tekkit?: I'm about 80% expirenced. I do know how everything works. I just have played more Vanilla minecraft than Tekkit, but still I do know a LOT in tekkit. Enough to get me by and such.

In Closing, I hope that you choose me, and if not I probably will still come on the server and try to prove to you that I am not only a good choice, but I am the best choice.

EDIT:: Also, I may have forgotten to mention, but I am a Graphic Designer ( at heart. ) I know how to mess around alot in Photoshop. Posted Image

Thanks for the application, I've given you some details via PM.

Posted Image

TheJrm11
  • Minecraft: TheJrm11

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:27 PM

Username:TheJrm11
Location & Timezone: USA EST
How much time do you spend online daily?: 2-3 Hours
How much experience do you have in administration?: I've been admin on 2 servers, mod on 4, and Co-Owned one.
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: Prevent hackers, answer questions, help newbies etc.
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have? I'm not one who ignores new members, and am mature enough for staff.
What experience do you have with Tekkit: Not a ton, but I do have experience with other servers.

I believe this server can benefit with me staffed on this server, usually I am liked on servers I have staffed in the past.

And to add, I DO have TeamSpeak, but no mic, so not sure if it would matter.

Thanks.
After 3 years of building houses out of dirt...                            Posted Image

Hyper_Vyktor_NovaNova2798
  • Minecraft: anthoknight

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

Username: anthoknight
Location & Timezone: NY Eastern Time (-5Hrs)
How much time do you spend online daily?: about 1 to 3 hours
Have you used the Tekkit modpack before?: Yes
How much experience do you have in administration?: I've only been an admin on one server, however I've been an admin on said server since 1.0.0 came out (Sadly the server has been down recently due to lack of funding)
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: I would monitor chat for abuse, and monitor new players to see if they grief, hack, spam, etc.
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?: Well, I have some pretty good ideas to help make the server even better and I enjoy helping people, and I'm a smart, friendly, nice guy! Posted Image
How experienced are you with Tekkit?: I'm very well knowledged in Redpower 2, Equivalent Exchange, IC2 and their addons
They laughed at my minecraft,
I laughed at their funerals

LegoLegend123

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

Username:My Minecraft IGN is LegoLegend123(Dont Judge :) )
Location & Timezone:I live in The south of England, GMT
How much time do you spend online daily?:I spend at least 4 hours a day on Tekkit alone But can do a lot more.
Have you used the Tekkit modpack before?: I have been playing Tekkit for about  a year and a half, and have enjoyed every second. I play for 4 hours at least on Tekkit everyday and would class myself as a knowledgeable Tekkitear
How much experience do you have in administration?: I have been Admin on at least 3 Servers and Have learnt lots of skills and management techniques from these. I loved playing on the servers with other people, because they made me feel like i was respected and part of the community. Also I have been mod on at least 3 servers but could possibly have been more. Builder, Event manager, Head builder are some more responsibilities that i have taken up.
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: For the servers i was admin on i was in control of looking after people and settling disputes. Also i had to use world edit and things like that to protect peoples land and set certain areas as pvp. For mod i moderated the chat, the attitude of players to report back to the owner, the areas people built in, things like that. With my event manager Job I organised pvp, inter-faction, Pvm and group activities.
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?: I love Tekkit and i love playing around with Red power and IC and love pipes and Brewing. I can bring innovative creations and builds to Tekkify. Also i can Bring correct management and justice aswell as a crap load Of BEER!
How experienced are you with Tekkit?: Altogether i would say i have played well over 2000 ours of tekkit and i have been playing for over a year and a half. I regularly play for 12 hours on end and i can play for a lot longer.
Thankyou!

TerraGaming
  • Minecraft: CodeBlueAlpha

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Username: CodeBlueAlpha
Location & Timezone: EST, Nashua, New Hampshire, USA
How much time do you spend online daily?: 4-7 hours
Have you used the Tekkit modpack before?: yes
How much experience do you have in administration?: Alot. I owned my own server
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: Owner :P
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?: I am friendly and i can bring my Permissions Coding and Plugin Configuring to help out!
How experienced are you with Tekkit?: Out of 1-10 i would say 7 or 8
Looking for a teamspeak 3 server for YOUR server?!? For Free?!? Well then come on down to TerraGaming Inc!  69.124.93.76 (TS3)

Garthos
    Garthos

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 722 posts
  • Minecraft: Garthos_
  • Xbox:No

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Username: Garthos_

Location & Timezone: I am located in Oslo, Norway, in the GMT +2 timezone.

How much time do you spend online daily?: Only daily, depending on the weather outside, I can be on from 1 hour up to 6-7 hours a day.

Have you used the Tekkit modpack before?: I have used the tekkit modpack before, I know about almost every mod and how to use it.

How much experience do you have in administration?: I have been admin on aroud 6 or 7 servers, moderator on around 4-5 servers. I know alot about how to administrate every person, I know many rules and more. I can use many plugins a administrator should be able to do. When someone need help, I help them. If someone asks for a rank/item, I say no and warn them that they should not ast that to any staff. I know what I need to do, and I can of course learn. I learn fast.

What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: My roles were administrator and moderator, I did my job the best I could and was the best admin on may of the servers.

What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?: I can learn rules of a server fast, so I can administrator people who does not follow them. I know that I can be mature all the time, and that I will tell you the truth on every question. If a admin is abusing, I would tell you right away.

How experienced are you with Tekkit?: As I said, I know every mod quite well and I am willing to learn. I know about almost every machine and more.

Posted Image

Joffaboy
    Joffaboy

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Username: Joffaboy
Location & Timezone: Australia 10:00+ eastearn standards
How much time do you spend online daily?: my time usaully varies because of school etc. so i usally have a round 1-6 hours of gaming time a day
Have you used the Tekkit modpack before?: yes i prefer it over minecraft becasue of its machines, new weapons, red power, and espically equivalent exchange
How much experience do you have in administration?: i have been a admin on two servers (vanilla) and i have been a mod 7 times (three on tekkit)
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: Builder, mod, admin, co owner, tmod and tadmin
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?: i belive i can bring my creativity and knowloge of tekkit to help with things such as my knowloage of all the mods in tekkit except for comptercraft because i was never the best with computers :/ i am quite the creative player doing medival home concepts and modern homes as well as adventure maps, traps, redstone systems, etc. I also have the maturity which helps when players are arguing and i can stop them very easily and return balance to tekkify :) i also know alot of commands in plugins so that is always helpful when it comes to staff :)
How experienced are you with Tekkit?: i have used it since tekkit 2 and i still use it, i know all the mods including railcraft and forrestry but could never figure out the computerr craft mod so i can help in everything except for the area of gaming :)

i hope you accept me

Hakkija
    Hakkija

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

I try again,if u dont like me you lose good man!
Username:Yogscast4Est
Location & Timezone: Estonia GMT+3
How much time do you spend online daily?: about 4 hours
Have you used the Tekkit modpack before?: Yes i have and i liked it.I wanna try it,how it looks when u play in server.
How much experience do you have in administration?: I am in 2 servers administrator,that i have experience of all plugins.
What were your roles and duties on those servers, if any?: I dont know.I just help people,am... build for myshelf working factory,help to build,becuse im good builder.
What do you think you can bring to Tekkify, what qualities do you have?:I have great qualities for factory and mines and all other buildings what i build!Posted Image
How experienced are you with Tekkit?: I have started survival to experiend man,who knows about tekkit and i just build more if i have big land,where can i build it!
I hope that you can now exept me!Posted Image IF U DONT U LOSE GOOD BUILDERPosted Image

Nentify
    Nentify

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 1322 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

Unfortunately, applications thus far are denied. Thanks for applying. You're still welcome to play and throw us your ideas or even meet us in-game if you wish. You can also apply for moderator at http://tekkify.com/forum if you're still interested.

I do ask, if you have already applied once and you haven't received the position, do not apply again. If I see any potential, I will contact you.

01-Oct-2012 - Still looking for admins. If you're interested, just apply below!

Posted Image