• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

gcny1
    gcny1

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I think that each monster spawner should have its own item id number and name. Example:
A zombie spawner is item ID 52
A pig spawner item ID is 53

Those are just examples. the item id shuold be something different, so dont start telling me, "Hey, i'm an idiot, item id 53 already exists."

And don't tell me to use mods. I will destroy you if you tell me to use mods. I shouldn't have to use mods. SO DON"T F***ING TELL ME TO USE A BUNCH OF Q**** BULLS*** MODS!

Register or log in to remove.

Twister
    Twister

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

View Postgcny1, on 26 September 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

And don't tell me to use mods. I will destroy you if you tell me to use mods. I shouldn't have to use mods. SO DON"T F***ING TELL ME TO USE A BUNCH OF Q**** BULLS*** MODS!

Use a mod...

Ok, to be serious, I don't think this is a good idea, as it would possibly complicate the map generation algorithms.

Posted Image

sacul35
    sacul35

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • Minecraft: sacul35

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

I don't mind it...It is really easy to change if you need to for mapmaking and would be useless for people like me who just wanna play regular old minecraft!

gcny1
    gcny1

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:19 PM

View PostTwister1134, on 26 September 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Use a mod...

Ok, to be serious, I don't think this is a good idea, as it would possibly complicate the map generation algorithms.

Come and lick me! COME AND LICK ME!

View PostTwister1134, on 26 September 2012 - 05:07 PM, said:

Use a mod...

I just tried using a mod. didn't work. it never has.

View Postsacul35, on 26 September 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

I don't mind it...It is really easy to change if you need to for mapmaking and would be useless for people like me who just wanna play regular old minecraft!

i can live with you. but i want to build a thing that has mobs in certain places.

TheMVSGamer
  • Minecraft: TheMVSGamer

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

Firstly if people say they don't like your idea, it's not good practice to tell them to 'lick you'. As it stands the spawner GUI is a very simple mod to use, also why not just put mob spawn eggs in dispensers? It seems to have been good practice so far.

As has already been stated, the spawner is a dynamic block (I don't know the official terms so yeah). It's block ID is always 52 no matter what it spawns and by default is a pig unless it's redefined. Allocating other spawners to other block IDs would probably cause every single spawner already loaded in a world to turn into a pig spawner making the idea unviable for people who use dungeons to make grinding rooms, and it'd be pretty ridiculous to go into a dungeon you'd passed before and find an army of pigs guarding the loot.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm saying it's probably too late in development to be viable. Really though, the only reason this would ever be useful is if you were making an adventure map and you'd probably have to use 3rd party tools for that anyway, if you were planning on making something decent.

Posted Image

Twister
    Twister

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

View Postgcny1, on 26 September 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

Come and lick me! COME AND LICK ME!

Posted Image

Hmmm... for some reason, GIF images will not scale down. Sorry about that.

Posted Image

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:34 PM

View Postgcny1, on 26 September 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

I just tried using a mod. didn't work. it never has.

Spawner mods are a bit bugged right now due to some changes / bugs in minecraft. If you combine Risugami's Spawner GUI mod (install it's class files in your jar) and also install CJB's mods (they go in the mod folder) the spawner change will work correctly. At least last time I tried it, it worked. Plus, due to both mods being installed, when you mine a spawner, you get two back. Profit!
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

user_1259045

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think that each monster spawner should have its own item id number and name.
No.

Example:

ID 52: already occupied by Monster Spawner.
ID 53: already occupied by Wooden Stairs.
Also, there are an infinite amount of spawners possible; block data values only go up to 255.
Spoiler:

Those are just examples. the item id shuold be something different, so dont start telling me, "Hey, i'm an idiot, item id 53 already exists."
"Hey, you're an idiot, block IDs don't go up to 5,000+, and this would be a waste of memory, data values, and the time Mojang would take to code this useless and impractical feature."

Guess what?
Use mods.

Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)
Currently playing: Infernal Sky II, The Fire Beneath

Currently playing: Terraria, Spelunky

Twister
    Twister

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

I think monster spawners already have individual data values to determine which mob spawns anyway. I remember using a mod called MoreCreative, that had a spawner GUI where I was able to change what mob spawned from it.

Posted Image

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostTwister1134, on 26 September 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

I think monster spawners already have individual data values to determine which mob spawns anyway. I remember using a mod called MoreCreative, that had a spawner GUI where I was able to change what mob spawned from it.

Probably stored in the damage value like wool colors and stair positions are, at least I think that's how it's done. MC Edit can probably change them, I would think.
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

user_1259045

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:00 AM

Monster Spawners use tile entities to store what mob it spawns, as do chests, furnaces, note blocks, etc.

You can't just put down a chest and expect to automatically have porkchops in them, or place a note block on your inventory and have it automatically play high C.
The same reason you can't give yourself a Cow spawner in your inventory.

And yes, MCEdit can change what spawners spawn, and with some filters you can make it spawn practically anything.
Completed maps: Sunburn Islands, Nightmare Realm, Uncharted Territory III, Inferno Mines (pending)

Technofreak301
  • Minecraft: Technofreak301

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

<mad scientist>I wonder, can you make them spawn falling blocks, and configure it to any block?</mad scientist>
~Technofreak301
Posted Image I made this gif, deal with it.

user_1259045

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostTechnofreak301, on 29 September 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

<mad scientist>I wonder, can you make them spawn falling blocks, and configure it to any block?</mad scientist>
You sure can.
Thanks to Dinnerbone, almost anything is possible now.

PandaLurvsSheep
  • Minecraft: Aethoria

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I don't think that this is a good idea. For one thing, it is too complicated and plenty of people use mods without a problem, perhaps you could look up a way to get a mod working correctly. Secondly, there really isn't unlimited ID numbers, so why make an ID for an item that already has a mod the vast Minecraft community has created? Another opinion of mine, I don't think that you should insult people that are against your opinion or use 'censored' language in your suggestion. You could have politely said, "Don't tell me to use a mod, it doesn't work" and then we could give you suggestions in ways to fix the problem. I am sure there is a Youtube video out there somewhere that could help. Also, I think you should use proper capitalization, grammar and spelling when inputing a suggestion for the people of the Minecraft Forums Community so you look more professional, for example, the sentance 'the item id shuold be something different, so dont start telling me, "Hey, i'm an idiot, item id 53 already exists." ' should be properly typed out so it is better understood, like, 'The item ID should be something different, so don't start telling me, "Hey, I'm an idiot, Item ID 53 already exists." '
I hope this helped, but I really think that this idea is unneccesary and not particularly practical.
Sincerely,
Panda
REMEMBER AEONIS.

dragonogon
  • Minecraft: dragonogon
  • Xbox:Dragonogon
  • PSN:I have a PSP.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

I think that each monster spawner should have its own item id number and name. Example:

I support this exepet one thing Having different IDs for them would not be good like TheMVSgamer said every spawner would turn into pig spawners but if it's something like this for example /Spawn [your username] 52/3 would give you a monster spawner that spawns sheep and /spawn [your username] 52/36 would give you a spawner that spawns Blazes or something like that. ;)
Just a bit of info about my avatar, his name is Lord English, he is an indestructible demon that has the power to destroy whole planets with a laser, and he can turn his staff into a machine gun.
Spoiler:

Zeldacorp
  • Minecraft: Zeldacorporation
  • PSN:zeldacorp

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 27 September 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

Probably stored in the damage value like wool colors and stair positions are, at least I think that's how it's done. MC Edit can probably change them, I would think.
you are correct my good sir,NEI has the extra codes

Strickolas

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

#approved. The thing is:dispensers require a) redstoning, B) area for wire, c) can spawn very quickly if not enough repeaters to distances(somewhere between 160 or so). Why not just make things simple and just /give spawners

user_1259045

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostStrickolas, on 28 October 2012 - 09:08 PM, said:

#approved. The thing is:dispensers require a) redstoning, Posted Image area for wire, c) can spawn very quickly if not enough repeaters to distances(somewhere between 160 or so). Why not just make things simple and just /give spawners
The thing is, it is not physically possible, nor feasible in the slightest, to have separate BLOCK IDs for every single spawner existing in game. (which is almost an infinite amount)

patts54321

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

why complicate Minecraft man?

NemetZzZ
  • Minecraft: NemetZzZ
  • Xbox:NemetZZZ_CCCP

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Wouldn't it be easier just to add spawner settings GUI to vanilla creative?
Posted Image