• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[14w11b / 1.7.9 / 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 and earlier][update 4/1] MCPatcher HD fix 4.3.2_02

mcpatcher 1.4.7 1.5.2 1.6.4 1.7.2 1.7.9 14w11b

• Please log in to reply
10461 replies to this topic

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3674 posts
  • Minecraft: 13thMurder

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

View PostHarmonica, on 03 June 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

First of all your glass looks great already! I love that randomised broken look.

The way I do it is to have your standard glass block CTM for the frames (no glass), then your renderpass=3 CTM glass pane overlay (no frames).

Is it not possible to randomise particular tiles from within your glass overlay? Really if you use a CTM sheet for the glass parts you can control the overlap. For the top and bottom where you want a thick metal frame, you simply delete that area of glass from the renderpass=3 CTM sheet, or even add an overlay to your existing frames.

I think this is the common/only method of doing it.

edit: like this:

glass block CTM sheet (purple is transparent area, just for example, not used in final image))
Posted Image

glass (dark area) overlay doesn't overlap frames
Posted Image

Thanks, but i'm not a fan of classic ctm used on glass, it wouldn't work so well for my purpose anyway, that's why i'm sticking with vertical. It just seems a bit odd to me that the glass always overlaps the frame, since frame tends to overlap glass in reality. Though... i may not fully understand how it works. Does render order stack, so the first things rendered are on the bottom, and the next things rendered are on top?

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Harmonica

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

So at the top of your vertical sheet you have your thick frames, and on the renderpass=3 you have your glass? Can't you just crop the top glass so that it doesn't overlap where the frames will be?

View Postmmtr1x3, on 04 June 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

I am working on a last thing that could help a lot, a script that would rename all layers depending to a list in a text file, with the use of the 3 last scripts, it should let us manualy "convert" from tilesheet in old format to new file by file without efforts.

That sounds like a good solution and would remove the extra work, yes :) I'm going to be doing some ctm sheets this week so I'll get to try your filter/scripts.

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3674 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostHarmonica, on 04 June 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

So at the top of your vertical sheet you have your thick frames, and on the renderpass=3 you have your glass? Can't you just crop the top glass so that it doesn't overlap where the frames will be?

The glass uses random ctm.

Posted Image

mmtr1x3
    mmtr1x3

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostHarmonica, on 04 June 2013 - 04:10 AM, said:

View Postmmtr1x3, on 04 June 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

I am working on a last thing that could help a lot, a script that would rename all layers depending to a list in a text file, with the use of the 3 last scripts, it should let us manualy "convert" from tilesheet in old format to new file by file without efforts.
That sounds like a good solution and would remove the extra work, yes Posted Image I'm going to be doing some ctm sheets this week so I'll get to try your filter/scripts.
Moved here ...

Posted Image
Augmented Native, 300+ downloads since 19/03/2013

zekeyspaceylizard
  • Minecraft: zekey

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostMisa, on 03 June 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

By the look of your palette file, it would seem your concept of how biome palettes work with the current versions of the game is a bit out of date. Go to this thread to get fully up to date on them in a matter of seconds: http://www.minecraft...t/topic/870780- They're actually a lot easier now than they were back then, and the upper right corner of them means absolutely nothing at all to the game's code.[/size]

Oh that explains why grass is no longer covered in wildly swirly subtle changes in hue.
Well that sucks a whole lot of ass. :C
Oh well.
I guess I need to go and fix all my palletes.
Thanks for the tip.

In regards to your intended separation of tall grass from flat grass, it sounds like you may have two palettes applied to grass which are blending -OR- only the default grass palette is rendering for both. I know of no way to disable the default grasscolor.png (which is applied to both flat and tall grass) short of making the file completely white. You'd then need to make two custom palettes--one for flat grass and one for tall grass.

Unfortunately, custom palettes only work by block ID at the moment, so the palette would also likely apply to the dirt sides of grass blocks. To accomplish what you seem to be attempting, you probably need to ask Kahr if he could implement a new standard custom palette exception (tallgrasscolor.png perhaps?) specifically for tall grass which overrides grasscolor.png the way birchcolor.png overrides the default, hard-coded value when present.

Oh jesus I can already tell this is way too complex for what I was trying to accomplish.
There comes a point where I simply must stop hoping for things to be easy for my simply brain.
Thank you though, at least now I know why it doesnt work!

Asking for a junglecolor.png file for jungle leaves might be useful too, but using the method described above you should in theory already be able to separate jungle leaves from oak leaves. Though it's a bit more over-complicated as foliagecolor.png also affects vines and swamps have their own palette to override Mojang's disgusting, hardcoded mess.

For separate oak and jungle leaves, in color.properties, you'd basically need to create the following lines:
palette.block./misc/oakcolor.png=18:0
palette.block./misc/junglecolor.png=18:3
palette.block/misc/vinecolor.png=106
palette.block./misc/swampoakcolor.png=18:0
palette.block./misc/swampjunglecolor.png=18:3
palette.block/misc/swampvinecolor.png=106
Then you create the six png palette files named on those lines in the misc folder and ensure that foliagecolor.png and swampfoliagecolor are completely white. Keep in mind that while this theory is sound I haven't actually tested any of this and there could be some lines of code that prevent applying multiple palettes to the standard minecraft palettes. Ultimately to avoid massive amounts of pointless complexity, I think asking Kahr to just add a tallgrasscolor.png, junglecolor.png, and possibly a vinecolor.png to standard CustomColors would be the best idea. Posted Image

That sounds like it would work but I am much too frightened to try!
It's a very sound theory thoug. I wish there was a way of testing it without causing a big kerfuffle in my files.

View Postmmtr1x3, on 03 June 2013 - 07:32 PM, said:

There is a multiple way to do this.

As of that document /doc/ctm.properties

If you don't want specific block connection, the simplest way is to use the random method, a great pattern can be achieved with 4 textures and 1 rule.

If block should be arranged in a specific way, use the repeat method, a great pattern can be achieved with 16 (4x4) textures and 1 rule.

After, if you need full connection, you can make random method over ctm method, a great pattern can be achieved with 188 textures with 48 rules.

If you need full connection and block to be arranged, you can make repeat method over ctm method, a great pattern can be achieved with 752 textures with 48 rules.

After, if you don't need diagonal connection because it don't have corners, you can use the two last method, but reuse texture so they are only 16 ctm case instead of 47, for random, you can achieve with 64 textures and 17 rules, for repeat, you can achieve with 256 textures and 17 rules.

Finally, if you need full connection and block to be arranged, you can make repeat method over ctm method, a great pattern can be achieved with 752 textures with 48 rules.

The more textures and rules they are, the more cpu and ram it use.

So say me what you want of these  option, and I could make rules of your dream :
- random, repeated or nothing ?
- border ?
- corner ?

Thank you but I honestly have no idea what you're suggesting. :c
The directions in the original post on how CTM works are already vague and confusing as it is and this advice only seems to turn a knot into a fractal.

So on that note, screw my earlier idea of the Yoshi's Islands style big block chunks.

Forget it.
It's never gonna work how I want so I'm not gonna bother worrying.

So instead of that, let me ask something else entirely.

How do I get CTM to use several textures as random textures for something? Is there a simple easy way to do it that does not involve the glass palette or is that thing the golden rule?

For example lets say I was to make like 10 alternate dirt textures and 10 alternate grass textures.
And I wanted to have the game randomly use these to replace the default ones in my pack already.
How would I do that so it uses the textures at random? And would the method to do so also work on tree leaves? And would the 10 alternative grass textures still follow my color pallete in the color.properties? Cause I wouldn't want my alternatives to grass to be all....miscolored. Ya know?

I tried to do it before with stone but it didn't work. Which is a common theme whenever I look inside other texture packs and try to follow their example. So instead I'd like a nice simple explanation if anyone has the time to do so. Thank you in advance!

zekeyspaceylizard

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

Actually since nobody is online I'm going to try once again to simply copy what Misa's texture pack does and see if I can get it to work with mine. I'm not anticipating much.

mmtr1x3
    mmtr1x3

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

View Postzekeyspaceylizard, on 04 June 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Thank you but I honestly have no idea what you're suggesting. :c
The directions in the original post on how CTM works are already vague and confusing as it is and this advice only seems to turn a knot into a fractal.

So on that note, screw my earlier idea of the Yoshi's Islands style big block chunks.

Forget it.
It's never gonna work how I want so I'm not gonna bother worrying.

So instead of that, let me ask something else entirely.

How do I get CTM to use several textures as random textures for something? Is there a simple easy way to do it that does not involve the glass palette or is that thing the golden rule?

For example lets say I was to make like 10 alternate dirt textures and 10 alternate grass textures.
And I wanted to have the game randomly use these to replace the default ones in my pack already.
How would I do that so it uses the textures at random? And would the method to do so also work on tree leaves? And would the 10 alternative grass textures still follow my color pallete in the color.properties? Cause I wouldn't want my alternatives to grass to be all....miscolored. Ya know?

I tried to do it before with stone but it didn't work. Which is a common theme whenever I look inside other texture packs and try to follow their example. So instead I'd like a nice simple explanation if anyone has the time to do so. Thank you in advance!

Actually since nobody is online I'm going to try once again to simply copy what Misa's texture pack does and see if I can get it to work with mine. I'm not anticipating much.
Firstly, about biomes coloration, if a block is already colored depending to biomes, changed textures with ctm would also be colored, simply because CTM change the texture and not the entire block.

For ramdom texture you need to use the CTM random method, it was described in the file I put in the laqt post :
method=random
# (Required) List of any number of tiles to choose from.
tiles=<list of tiles>
# (Optional) List of weights to apply to the random choice.  For example, if
# you have
# tiles=6-11
# weights=10 1 10 2 7 3
# then tiles 6 and 8 will have a weight of 10, 7 will have a weight of 1, etc.
# Weights do not have to total 100 or any other particular value.  In the above
# example, tiles 6 and 8 will each be used ~30.3% (10/(10+1+10+2+7+3)) of the
# time and so forth.
weights=<same-size list of weights>
# (Optional) Desired level of symmetry for the faces of each block.  Applies to
# standard 6-sided blocks only.
# none: All 6 faces are textured independently.  This is the default.
# opposite: 2-way symmetry; opposing faces have the same texture, but each pair
# can potentially have a different texture.
# all: All 6 faces have the same texture.
symmetry=<none | opposite | all>

Here a example for you :
/ctm/random/0.png
/ctm/random/1.png
/ctm/random/2.png
/ctm/random/...
/ctm/random/29.png
/ctm/random/30.png
/ctm/random/31.png
/ctm/random/dirt.properties
#define random textures in replacement of /textures/blocks/dirt.png texture, asigned to 0.png to 7.png
matchTiles=dirt
method=random
tiles=0-7
/ctm/random/grass_top.properties
#define random textures in replacement of /textures/blocks/grass_top.png texture, asigned to 8.png to 15.png
matchTiles=grass_top
method=random
tiles=8-15
/ctm/random/leaves.properties
#define random textures in replacement of /textures/blocks/leaves.png texture, asigned to 16.png to 23.png
matchTiles=leaves
method=random
tiles=16-23
/ctm/random/leaves_opaque.properties
#define random textures in replacement of /textures/blocks/leaves.png texture, asigned to 24.png to 31.png
matchTiles=leaves_opaque
method=random
tiles=24-31

If you want to look, my own texture pack is an bit complete example of what can be done with MCPatcher

Posted Image

mmtr1x3
    mmtr1x3

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

View Posticymountain, on 04 June 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

So mcpatcher has removed bettergrass?
Better Grass is not removed, but now part of CTM, you need to go in the option tab, in the CTM part and activate Better Grass. Why it's not activated by default ?

Posted Image

mmtr1x3
    mmtr1x3

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

Kahr, some creators makes ctm rules using customs names for their textures, I think that for the tiles argument, it should be possible to use somes aditionnal flags like :

# A-B : goes from A to B (already exist)
tiles=0-7 16-23
# is equivalent to
tiles=0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

# S*Y : duplicate Y times S (could duplicate selector and names, see bellow)
tiles=0*4 right*3
# would be equivalent to
tiles=0 0 0 0 right right right

# A+B-C : goes from A to C by B increment, should include C only if (A%B)==(C%B), would works only with integers
tiles=0+16-250
# would be equivalent to
tiles=0 16 32 48 64 80 96 112 128 144 160 176 192 208 224 240

# A+B+C : goes from A to A+C by B increment, should include A+C only if (A%B)==((A+C)%B), would works only with integers
tiles=2+16+64
# would be equivalent to
tiles=2 18 34 50 66

# x[y]z : combine the y selector with x and z
tiles=/ctm/random/[0*4 1-3 left].png
# would be equivalent to
tiles=/ctm/random/0.png /ctm/random/0.png /ctm/random/0.png /ctm/random/0.png /ctm/random/1.png/ctm/random/2.png /ctm/random/3.png /ctm/random/left.png

#using multiple selectors, should multiply possibility, the last is the first changed
tiles=/ctm/random/[a b][c d]e[0-3].png
# would be equivalent to
tiles=/ctm/random/ace0.png /ctm/random/ace1.png /ctm/random/ace2.png /ctm/random/ace3.png /ctm/random/ade0.png /ctm/random/ade1.png /ctm/random/ade2.png /ctm/random/ade3.png /ctm/random/bce0.png /ctm/random/bce1.png /ctm/random/bce2.png /ctm/random/bce3.png /ctm/random/bde0.png /ctm/random/bde1.png /ctm/random/bde2.png /ctm/random/bde3.png

#using multiple selectors on diferent part don't propagate to each other
tiles=[a b][c d] [0-3][a d]
# would be equivalent to
tiles=ac ad bc bd 0a 0b 0c 0d 1a 1b 1c 1d 2a 2b 2c 2d 3a 3b 3c 3d

#as indicated above multiplying a selector should duplicate possibility, if using multiple selector, it duplicate before working on other selector
tiles=[a b][[0-3]*2]
# would be equivalent to
tiles=a0 a1 a2 a3 a0 a1 a2 a3 b0 b1 b2 b3 b0 b1 b2 b3
Since it look too powerfull, why it would be useful ?
#it's really long
tiles=/textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/0.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/1.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/2.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/3.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/4.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/5.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/6.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/7.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/8.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/9.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/10.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/11.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/12.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/13.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/14.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/15.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/16.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/17.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/18.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/19.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/20.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/21.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/22.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/23.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/24.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/25.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/26.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/27.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/28.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/29.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/30.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/31.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/32.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/33.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/34.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/35.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/36.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/37.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/38.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/39.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/40.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/41.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/42.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/43.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/44.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/45.png /textures/blocks/connected/block/diamond/46.png
# and it's short
tiles=/connected/block/diamond/[0-46].png

#It's so long for just a nether portal :
tiles=x x x x x x x x x x x x x 1 x 2 x x x x x x x x x 3 x 4 x x x x x x x x x 5 x 6 x x x x x x x x
#And now short
tiles=x*13 1 x 2 x*9 3 x 4 x*9 5 x 6 x*8

#It's not really intuitive to create from a tilesheet a vertical rule and then export, must "make a lot of math"
tiles=3 19 35 51
#now it's more easy
tiles=3+16+48

Posted Image

Meringue
    Meringue

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 942 posts
  • Minecraft: meringue

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Since we're on the topic, i have a question regarding custom biome colouring.

I tried to add mod support for Biomes O'Plenty. Some of the custom biomes reuse default biome colours (mushroom biome for example is used for "Mystic Grove" and "Fungi Forest") others have somehow hardcoded(?) overlayed colours ("Lush Swamp" for example uses swamp colours and adds some neon green, looks awful with my pack).
Is there any way now to apply my own custom colours to specific biomes, maybe through a special grass/foliage/skycolor.png etc just for them or something else?
I guess i could apply custom biome colours to all the blocks, but i'd like to avoid that, just too much... and it won't help me with sky, fog, water.

Something like...
biomes=FungiForest
palette.block./misc/fungiforestskycolor.png=/misc/skycolor.png
... maybe?

Posted Image

XSSheep
    XSSheep

Creeper Destroyer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5714 posts
  • Minecraft: XSSheep

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

View Postzekeyspaceylizard, on 04 June 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

Find a 16x16 pack that does it. It will probably make more sense. My pack or SMP's revival are two good examples. I know there are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Posted Image

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3674 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:11 AM

I redid my wooden door and added random ctm support to add some shards in the window, since i couldn't get betterglass to work with the door... anyway, when i first tried just random ctm-ing the top, i noticed that sometimes the bottom of the door would be on reversed, so i added the bottom of the door to the ctm folder and gave it a random ctm properties file as well, but for just the one tile.

Anyway, i figured out after that the reason the bottoms were reversed, it's because they are double doors, so they were trying to face inward.

So... when doors have ctm support, it breaks the double doors feature... observe:

Posted Image

Anyone know a fix for this bug?

Also, is it possible to make a separate texture for the edges of the door?

Posted Image

zekeyspaceylizard

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

IT WORKS

METHOD = RANDOM WORKS

CTM WORKS

IT ONLY TOOK LIKE 8 TRIES BUT IT WORKS

AND IT LOOKS AMAZING AND STELLAR AND HELP IM BLEEDING FROM MY GROIN FROM CUMMING SO MUCH

Seriously though thank you everyone who has been helping.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I am doing a very similar dance as these penguins after dicking around with this for five straight hours now but god it looks so good and was so worth it.

masterchiefruled

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

How can i install it with Snapshot w22a, i dont know where the minecraft.jar has been moved to with this snapshot

_zombiehunter

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

View Postmasterchiefruled, on 05 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

How can i install it with Snapshot w22a, i dont know where the minecraft.jar has been moved to with this snapshot
Here you go:
.minecraft/versions/13w22a/13w22a.jar
Besides, make sure to use MCPatcher 4.0.0-beta3! The patcher automatically creates a "13w22a-mcpatcher" folder inside the versions folder with the patched jar file inside, this will also show up in the "Version Selection" field of the new launcher.
Posted Image

"Better than Default" v1.7 is ready for download

masterchiefruled

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

View Post_zombiehunter, on 05 June 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Here you go:
.minecraft/versions/13w22a/13w22a.jar
Besides, make sure to use MCPatcher 4.0.0-beta3! The patcher automatically creates a "13w22a-mcpatcher" folder inside the versions folder with the patched jar file inside, this will also show up in the "Version Selection" field of the new launcher.
Thanks, but I cant find 4.0.0-beta3 on the OP. Where can I find it.
Sorry for being a little bit blind Posted Image

Thanks in advance

Found it! Nvm :D

Edited by masterchiefruled, 05 June 2013 - 06:38 PM.

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3674 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Is there any way to allow doors to reverse when used as double doors when using ctm?

Whenever i try to ctm my doors, double doors both face the same direction.

I'm guessing ill need some metadata values to get this to work.

Posted Image

Kaosian
    Kaosian

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ok I am trying to get MC patcher to work with Forge version 715 or 725 but MC patcher crashes the instance before loading.

Here is the error report

Spoiler:

odisos
    odisos

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

View Post13thMurder, on 05 June 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Is there any way to allow doors to reverse when used as double doors when using ctm?

Whenever i try to ctm my doors, double doors both face the same direction.

I'm guessing ill need some metadata values to get this to work.
It's impossible because only the upper doorpart defines the doors hinge side and the lower part defines the rest. If you apply metadata to a CTM methode, it only connects to the block with that metadata.

andresbravo900

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:19 PM

i have my imac for use .jar Posted Image