• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[14w11b / 1.7.9 / 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 and earlier][update 4/1] MCPatcher HD fix 4.3.2_02

mcpatcher 1.4.7 1.5.2 1.6.4 1.7.2 1.7.9 14w11b

• Please log in to reply
10449 replies to this topic

_zombiehunter

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hi Kahr!
Since the beta6-update, I found two bugs, please fix fix fix Posted Image:

1.) Already reported some time ago:
Spoiler:

2.) New one: Crash when pressing the "Customize" button in the world generation menu (tested with Snapshot 13w07a, patched with the 3.0.0-beta6-patcher, the crash does not happen with a clean minecraft.jar!)
Screenshot:
Spoiler:
Crash Report:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

"Better than Default" v1.7 is ready for download

Register or log in to remove.

Kahr
    Kahr

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

View Postodisos, on 17 February 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

CTM animation dosn't support the mc animation properties. For example picture 11 is animated and is a 11.txt file in the same folder, CTM ignores it and run the animation without checking the .txt file. 11.txt
Fixed!

View Post_zombiehunter, on 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

The behavior of logs when using method=connect is a bit odd when placed next to rotated logs, I think this needs to be fixed ...
Fixed!

View Post_zombiehunter, on 19 February 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

2.) New one: Crash when pressing the "Customize" button in the world generation menu (tested with Snapshot 13w07a, patched with the 3.0.0-beta6-patcher, the crash does not happen with a clean minecraft.jar!)
And fixed!

mmtr1x3
    mmtr1x3

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postodisos, on 19 February 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

it's better to add texture support for all nbt names (or maybe every nbt data) so renaming a sword "excalibur" change his texture.

Becouse CTM blocks looks know like they should in your inventory, why not support language for texturepack so your 98:15 has the name xyz insted of stonebrick.
These are two goods ideas too, but for the first, It could be difficult and don't totaly depend of CTM.

I think that having a support of language in texturepack is a good idea because a lot of people need to have a good translation of what their block represent ( and not what they represent in minecraft ) but I think that this option must be optionnal in MCPatcher. I think that it would work by overwritting actual language, and if an entry is not found, look into the original language. for unamed blocks or items, I think that entry would be formated like here :
tile.98.15.name=name

I think that changing the skin depending to nbt names, id and metadata is suficient, Not all nbt data, because it will be too hard to implement. Here that was an idea for Random Mobs, but I think that as you said.

For me the support of custom names would works for :

Custom items textures (depending to id,metadata, nbt names):
- for metadata, we could make a sword to look broken at his end of life ().
- for NBT names, we could make a sword to look powerfull when named "Excalibur".
This would override the block render for blocks items when defined.

Custom mobs textures ... (as defined below by me):

Custom blocks textures (will works with CTM, depending to nbt names):
So when a dispenser is named "Market", it's texture will change to look like an automated market.

Custom gui textures (depending to nbt names):
So when a dispenser is named "Market", the gui texture used for that dispenser is a special one used for market.

Posted Image
Augmented Native, 300+ downloads since 19/03/2013

odisos
    odisos

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

This shouldn't happen ...
Spoiler:

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3672 posts
  • Minecraft: 13thMurder

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

[solved] Note to posterity: Insomniac_lemon figured this out for me. what was happening was the leaves were decaying, and the metadata value didn't take this into account. leaves require 2 metadata values to function properly. add 8 to the metadata for that block and use that as the second. here's a list you can copy+paste from:

oak: metadata: 0 8
spruce: metadata: 1 9
birch: metadata 2 10
jungle: metadata 3 11

can anyone help me out? im having a huge... and rather nonsensical ctm problem.

i finally made some decent oak tree textures. a problem i had for a long time was that i didn't know that it was possible to seperate the oak/birch tree leaf textures, therefore since i liked my birch tree so much, i had to make oak fit it too, which was terrible. anyway. i found out about fixed ctm and metadata, and when i finally implemented it, this weird thing happened...

i planted 2 trees. oak on the left, birch on the right. from saplings, using bonemeal. immediately there was a problem. the "core" of the tree (all blocks adjasent to the trunk) showed up as the oak leaf texture, but the rest of the leaf blocks appeared as birch leaves:
Posted Image

anyway, the weirdest thing happened, once i broke a block, the textures started randomly shifting, going from birch to oak, and occasionally back to birch again, but eventually settling on oak and staying that way, but not all of them changed. a few stayed birch. the follow screenshots were taken about 10 seconds apart:
Posted Image
Posted Image

what's going on here: i used the fixed method and added metadata for log tops on spruce trees, and it worked fine. but it's being buggy for birch leaves.

here's my .properties for terrain 52&53:

source=/ctm/terrainctm.png
method=fixed
tiles=52
metadata=2

now that i think of it, it might be because i have fancy and normal leaves being pulled from the same block... ill have to test this theory...

EDIT: i tested that theory, it didn't work. having 2 different tiles made no difference. but i did find out that if i set the graphics to fast, birch leaves appear as oak fully, but setting it to fancy causes them to go all weird again.

Posted Image

Minecrafter_awr
  • Minecraft: awr71238940
  • Xbox:Steam: Solla_ce

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Edit: nvm
Edit2: updated post.

Spoiler:

There is a third value for permanent leaves:

<type>: <normal> <Permanent> <Decaying> <check>
oak: 0 4 8 12
spruce: 1 5 9 13
birch: 2 6 10 14
jungle: 3 7 11 15

Base of operations
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler:

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3672 posts
  • Minecraft: 13thMurder

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostMinecrafter_awr, on 22 February 2013 - 06:24 AM, said:

Edit: nvm

Spoiler:

There is a third value for permanent leaves:

<type>: <normal> <Permanent> <Decaying>
oak: 0 4 8
spruce: 1 5 9
birch: 2 6 10
jungle: 3 7 11

you're right. i just discovered this. a fourth too. permanently leaves seem to check themselves for decay, so add 8 to the permanent value and add it as the fourth metadata value)

Posted Image

Minecrafter_awr
  • Minecraft: awr71238940
  • Xbox:Steam: Solla_ce

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

View Post13thMurder, on 22 February 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

you're right. i just discovered this. a fourth too. permanently leaves seem to check themselves for decay, so add 8 to the permanent value and add it as the fourth metadata value)

Added to post.

Base of operations
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler:

odisos
    odisos

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

I've added renderpass 2+3 for 126:6/126:14 and it workes fine, but all other 126 slabs are invisible. Also 125:6 has rednerpass 2+3 and all other 125 blocks are invisible.

lilNIPPYx360

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hey great work on MCPatcher!  I am currently using the 1.5 pre-release version and I'm getting a minor visual glitch on the right side of held items.  I've seen this with torches, monster eggs, records.  Here is what I mean.

Without MCPatcher 1.5
Posted Image

With MCPatcher 1.5
Posted Image

I've only encountered this since I have been using the 1.5 version.  It's noticeable on first person view as well.  Any thoughts?

ptowery
    ptowery

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

When is mcpatcher going to support varied transparency (alpha channels with more than 50% threshold)?
//I hate every single one of you.\\
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts
  • Minecraft: BrokenEye

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

How do I apply randommobs to the mob heads? Or is that not an available feature yet?
Posted Image
"Your "reality", sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever" — Baron Munchhausen

thecrazydudesrd
  • Minecraft: thecrazydudesrd

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

Ptowery - Better Glass supports all alpha channels :D

Kahr -  I have one suggestion, I was trying to create a 'Backwards Compatible Texture Pack' and I had an idea.
If you can modify the 1.4.7 MCPatcher one last time to include 'ctm14/' as a ctm folder for folks who would like to pull off a Backwards Compatible CTM.

I have already done tests to see that just putting the proper files in place can work and it does (aside from old ctm but of course about that :D  the New CTM does work quite well though.)

Anywho thought this might be a useful idea for ya!  Have fun!

Posted Image

Prototype101

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Can you please add support for the show mobs mod please? Thanks

3rixD
    3rixD

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

my Glass Texture is not connected but i include the connected textures in the patcher

I use the 1.4.7 Version

_zombiehunter

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

"Animated blocks and items in texture packs now requires the animation definition, they said" ... for whatever ...
... but I didn't expect this:
Posted Image

... and even more unexpected, THIS Posted Image:
Posted Image
I downloaded the snapshot again because I couldn't believe it ... there is HD font ... everywhere ... in vanilla Minecraft !
And Dinnerbone fixed this annoying bug too:
"[MC-9473] Unnecessary delay of "Done" button in the texturepacks menu"
Posted Image

Michaelski

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Can some one help me? I downloaded a texture pack today and I had optifine installed. And when I downloaded the texture pack it got rid of optifine for some reason so I re downloaded optifine and tried playing on the texture pack and everything was white and weird looking so I tried usin mcpatcher to fix it and when I did it deleted optifine again. what do I do?

_zombiehunter

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

If anyone can confirm this (>>> MC-10355), please upvote this bug!
Mojang needs to fix it before the 1.5 pre-release. Maybe this is one of the reasons why everything related to MCPatcher is completely messed up too (along with MC-10309), see post #7420 if you don't know what I mean.
Posted Image

Kahr
    Kahr

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Ah, nothing like changing the core texture handling classes just before a major release, right Mojang?  And here I was about to call the 1.5 update done and start working on new features again.  Well I'm going to start delving into this mess, wish me luck.

markacashion
  • Minecraft: SlipSpeedMiner

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

View PostKahr, on 26 February 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

Ah, nothing like changing the core texture handling classes just before a major release, right Mojang?  And here I was about to call the 1.5 update done and start working on new features again.  Well I'm going to start delving into this mess, wish me luck.
Of course! Mojang won't let you get off with an update to the MCPatcher that easily. Mojang likes to make stuff hard for other people. Don't worry, all of us texture pack authors(or maybe just me) is cheering you on!!! I know I am, that's for sure!!!

One last thing. Thanks for making & constantly improving MCPatcher!

Edited by markacashion, 27 February 2013 - 01:06 AM.

Posted Image
Also find me here: Theslipspeedminer.enjin.com
My Texture Pack | My Map | (More Coming Soon!!!)