• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[14w11b / 1.7.9 / 1.7.2 / 1.6.4 and earlier][update 4/1] MCPatcher HD fix 4.3.2_02

mcpatcher 1.4.7 1.5.2 1.6.4 1.7.2 1.7.9 14w11b

• Please log in to reply
10432 replies to this topic

Kahr
    Kahr

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

POPULAR

Features:

Posted Image Custom item textures!
Posted Image Better Glass!  More transparency options for glass textures.
Posted Image Better Skies.  Add your own textures to the day and night skies.  Many options for fading and blending.
Posted Image Connected Textures.
Posted Image Custom Colors mod.  Texture pack authors can now customize many colors in the game including swamps, lighting, and more.  See Misa's texture pack for examples.
Posted Image Balthichou's RandomMobs mod.
Posted Image Extended animation, mipmapping, and font support.
Posted Image Ability to load other mods like ModLoader.  See "Installing other Mods" for details.
Posted Image Ability to save and load mod profiles and switch between them easily.  Also organize your mods by the Minecraft version they go with.

Notes and Recent Changes:

Posted Image Updated to 1.7.5 / 14w11b.
Posted Image New biome colormap format.
Posted Image Custom item textures.  Show different textures based on item damage, stack size, and NBT data.  Custom enchanments and armor model textures are also supported.
Posted Image Compatible with Forge, FML standalone, and LiteLoader.

Downloads:
Ad links are available for those who wish to support this project.  Or you may donate via paypal: Posted Image

MCPatcher for the new launcher:
Windows only: All other platforms: MCPatcher for the old launcher:
Spoiler:

Basic Instructions:
  • Download the correct version of the patcher for your OS.
  • Double-click the patcher.  You should see this:
    Posted Image
  • If the wrong Minecraft version is shown (1.6.1 instead of 1.6.2 for example), use the right-hand dropdown box to select the proper version.
  • If you would like Better Grass (full grass texture on the sides of grass blocks next to other grass blocks), select the Options tab, scroll down to Connected Textures, and check the box next to Better Grass.
  • Click Patch.
  • Close MCPatcher and start the game normally.  Ensure that the patched profile (e.g., MCPatcher, not your username) is selected in the game's launcher.  Or click Test Minecraft to run Minecraft without logging in (single-player only).

Installing non-Forge Mods with MCPatcher:
Spoiler:

(New) Installing Forge, FML, and/or LiteLoader with MCPatcher:
Spoiler:

FAQ / Troubleshooting
Spoiler:

Information for Texture Pack Authors
NOTE: The information in this section is being moved to the MCPatcher wiki on bitbucket.

Spoiler:

Other Information
Spoiler:

Version History
Spoiler:

Register or log in to remove.

Gestankfaust
  • Minecraft: Gestankfaust

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

POPULAR

To install:

Download MCpatcher making sure it downloads as a jar file, not a zip or inside a zip file.

then...

Grugsy said:

start with a fresh minecraft.jar

step one: run patcher...don't change anything...just click patch.
step two: open minecraft and go to the mods and texturepacks menu
step three: click open texturepack folder
step four: put texturepacks into folder
step five: choose it in the game menu
step six: play

patcher is an executable .jar file.  if double clicking it tries to unzip it, right click then go down to properties, click run with and select java and apply. double click .jar again.

you don't have to re-patch every time..just select packs in game.

install mods after step one..or before patching..whichever works for you.

Posted Image
"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to...."

Gestankfaust

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Thanks for your hard work continuing this Kahr

Posted Image

koenverd1000
  • Minecraft: koenverd1000

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

It works, I tested it with every size (except 256x256) and it works with no problems. But how do we need to add mods? Do we still need to put them in the minecraft.jar or do we put them in the same folder as the texture pack we want to use ( I never used the ingame texture pack selector so this is kinda new for me). You and Xau have done what Notch should have from the beginning! I hope  :obsidian: approves.

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts
  • Minecraft: Grugsy
  • Xbox:Grugsy

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

didn't even see this in Xau's thread..(is it even there somewhere? lol) either way thanks for the heads up. here's to hoping this and modloader get added by notch in the next big patch!
Posted Image

Kahr
    Kahr

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:47 PM

koenverd1000 said:

Do we still need to put them in the minecraft.jar or do we put them in the same folder as the texture pack we want to use ( I never used the ingame texture pack selector so this is kinda new for me).

You install other mods the same way you always have, by putting them in minecraft.jar or using one of the mod managers out there, but I recommend installing them before you run the patcher.  If you install other mods after running the patcher, it may work depending on what classes the mod actually replaces, but you're more likely to have problems.

Some mods make pretty drastic changes to the Minecraft bytecode, so I won't be able to accommodate everything, but if you find conflicts with specific mods, post them here and I'll see what I can do.

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

Kahr said:

koenverd1000 said:

Do we still need to put them in the minecraft.jar or do we put them in the same folder as the texture pack we want to use ( I never used the ingame texture pack selector so this is kinda new for me).

You install other mods the same way you always have, by putting them in minecraft.jar or using one of the mod managers out there, but I recommend installing them before you run the patcher.  If you install other mods after running the patcher, it may work depending on what classes the mod actually replaces, but you're more likely to have problems.

Some mods make pretty drastic changes to the Minecraft bytecode, so I won't be able to accommodate everything, but if you find conflicts with specific mods, post them here and I'll see what I can do.

so the issue with the patcher wiping your mods is fixed in this version?
Posted Image

lordemperor

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

I am so thankful and impressed at this release. Kudos and compliments.

I am simultaneously disappointed with Mojang for letting the community develop for them while releasing updates of middling value.

Jeb > Notch

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:26 PM

^^ this

and i answered my own question and figured out why. I haz the dumb. working great so far. tested it with 256x down to 16x on a fresh install. now to test mods..
Posted Image

Gestankfaust

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Yeah...after the landslide of packs of higher resolution...nuff is "E"nuff. Support it already. Stop and catch up with the community...

Posted Image

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

you have to give notch a little slack though...he has 2 other programmers helping him on this vs the ever growing community. we are going to out-program them always. hell.. even Blizzard is leaps behind the community for W.o.W and implementing dumbed down versions of mods with every major update.
Posted Image

Kahr
    Kahr

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Grugsy said:

so the issue with the patcher wiping your mods is fixed in this version?

The Unpatch button still works the same way, by copying minecraft-.jar to minecraft.jar.  Since minecraft-.jar gets created the first time you run MCPatcher, unpatching effectively restores minecraft.jar to the way it was the first time you ran the patcher.  If you had mods loaded at that time, they will still be there.  If not, you will be back to an unmodded minecraft.  This is another reason it's best to run MCPatcher last if possible.

If you're worried about losing your mods, follow these steps before running MCPatcher.
    Load your other mods and get minecraft.jar exactly the way you want it.
    Go into your bin folder and delete minecraft-1.3_01.jar (or whatever the current game version is).
    Run MCPatcher, and the backup it creates will be of your modded minecraft.jar.
If you Unpatch, it will revert to the state you had it in.

lordemperor

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:46 PM

I actually tried this just now.

First attempt I ran with all my manual mods and GLSL shaders installed - HD Texture support was greyed out.

Second attempt I tried with GLSL shaders only (installed via INSTALLER.jar) - HD Texture support was greyed out.

Third attempt I tried on a fresh minecraft.jar - HD Texture support was greyed out.

If it's useful I use Kubuntu 10.04 32-bit and OpenJava.

Jeb > Notch

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:47 PM

tried that.. mcpactcher doesn't have any buttons highlighted without minecraft_version.jar present
Posted Image

Kahr
    Kahr

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:37 AM

lordemperor said:

I actually tried this just now.

First attempt I ran with all my manual mods and GLSL shaders installed - HD Texture support was greyed out.

Second attempt I tried with GLSL shaders only (installed via INSTALLER.jar) - HD Texture support was greyed out.

Third attempt I tried on a fresh minecraft.jar - HD Texture support was greyed out.

If it's useful I use Kubuntu 10.04 32-bit and OpenJava.

Make sure you delete minecraft-1.3_01.jar between each of these attempts.  Can you post the log with just GLSL shaders?

Grugsy said:

tried that.. mcpactcher doesn't have any buttons highlighted without minecraft_version.jar present

Are both the Original and Output files set, and to different filenames?

Sepron700

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

So confused. I patched my minecraft stuff happened on the log and it finished. I test minecraft and click mods and textures (because that's the only folder I saw with textures written on it)  But when I select a texture it still gives me default except for when I select a texture pack that has previously crashed my minecraft with white screens for worlds but it still white screens me now. Am I missing something
Posted Image

dangloverenator

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

Hey.

So, ran the patcher, checked the boxes, clicked Patch, Test Minecraft.

Minecraft starts up fine, then when I click on Mods and Texture Packs, I get a crash with this error report in the patcher... Sorry it's so long.
Spoiler:
Any ideas?

Edited by Sushin, 14 August 2012 - 07:54 PM.
Please use [spoiler][/spoiler] tag to hide long posts.

The name is "dan," not "dang." Long story.

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

Kahr said:

[

Are both the Original and Output files set, and to different filenames?

once the buttons are unavailable like that it will not let you set them. you can try..the original will open up the menu, you choose the file and click open. the output however when you choose the file it says save or cancel..clicking save just overwrites the file with itself..nothing ever shows in the patcher.(like the path to the file)

anyway it works fairly fine by patching a fresh jar and then installing mods. only had a few crashes while changing packs.. but nothing major.

also.. any way to get Mcpatcher to recognize terrain_nh.png and terrain_s.png(or the lack thereof) for the large number of us who are using GLSL shaders now?
Posted Image

Kahr
    Kahr

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

Grugsy said:

once the buttons are unavailable like that it will not let you set them. you can try..the original will open up the menu, you choose the file and click open. the output however when you choose the file it says save or cancel..clicking save just overwrites the file with itself..nothing ever shows in the patcher.(like the path to the file)

I deleted minecraft-1.3_01.jar and everything seemed to work fine.  Then I deleted minecraft.jar and everything was greyed out like you said, but unlike you I couldn't use the Browse buttons either.  That's definitely a bug, and I can fix it, but it's not the same thing you're seeing.  What are you doing differently?

Grugsy said:

also.. any way to get Mcpatcher to recognize terrain_nh.png and terrain_s.png(or the lack thereof) for the large number of us who are using GLSL shaders now?

I have a suspicion why HD Textures are greyed out if GLSL is loaded, and I'll try to narrow it down and put out a fix later.  As for your question, that depends more on GLSL I think.  I've only glanced at the source for GLSL shaders so I don't really understand it well enough to tell if it gets files from the texture pack or only minecraft.jar.

dangloverenator said:

Minecraft starts up fine, then when I click on Mods and Texture Packs, I get a crash with this error report in the patcher... Sorry it's so long.

Are you saying the game crashes just from opening the Mods and Texture Packs screen, without even clicking on any texture packs?  That's very odd.  What files do you have in your texturepacks folder?  Take everything out of that folder and then move them back in one by one to see if there's one in particular it doesn't like.

Grugsy
    Grugsy

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3180 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

I deleted minecraft-1.3_01.jar and everything was greyed out.. if minecraft.jar gets deleted and minecraft-1.3_01.jar is still there it creates a new minecraft.jar.

and as far as the glsl shaders go.. for the terrain_nh and terrain_s they can be installed with a pack. or they can be installed with the shader installer. I was just asking if the patcher would recognize them when switching packs to delete them/replace them. once glsl is installed it runs just like any other mod.. the terrain_s/nh files are seperate from the mod and are pack specific.

I also have the crashing when trying to go to the texture pack screen.

edit: and now that 1.4 is out there a gonna be more problems..lol
Posted Image