• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] [Forge] Biomes O' Plenty - We're back!

biome terrain tree plant mob item atmosphere ambience

• Please log in to reply
8425 replies to this topic

Aimoskeeto
    Aimoskeeto

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2188 posts
  • Minecraft: Aimoskeeto

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

View Posttaylorfisdboss, on 19 February 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

I'm torn, this is such a cool mod! but I'm not sure if I should use it because of the INTENSE changes it brings to the Minecraft game mechanics. also, if i wasnt broke, I would donate to see a panda mob added to the bamboo forest biome.

Intense changes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see adding a few blocks/flowers/leaves and changing the terrain generation to allow the biomes to generate as "intense" Posted Image

Also, you wanna go get Mo' Creatures then, that has pandas :P

Register or log in to remove.

HunterParasite

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostAimoskeeto, on 19 February 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Intense changes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see adding a few blocks/flowers/leaves and changing the terrain generation to allow the biomes to generate as "intense" Posted Image

Also, you wanna go get Mo' Creatures then, that has pandas Posted Image

...whenever compatibility becomes a thing.
Posted Image

Dominion01
  • Minecraft: Dominion01

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

This mod is wonderful! It certainly adds a lot more life to the otherwise monotonous Minecraft worlds. I haven't explored all of the new biomes yet, but my favorites so far have to be the glacier, red rocks and wastelands. The addition of a biome based on the Alpha version is brilliant, too!

I'm currently working on an HD texture pack (128x), and I definitely want to add support to your mod if that's alright with you.
Posted Image

MinecraftWolves193

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

I love this mod and all of the biomes but i would like to say one thing that i don't like, the deep-rooted mangrove trees look like stone.

Cjslayer16

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

I haven't searched the pages, but Flowerpot's being able to hold all the saplings and flowers would be pretty sweet, My girlfriend likes all the new things in the mod but she wishes she could put them in there. :)

Morias_Sairom

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

View PostCjslayer16, on 20 February 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

I haven't searched the pages, but Flowerpot's being able to hold all the saplings and flowers would be pretty sweet, My girlfriend likes all the new things in the mod but she wishes she could put them in there. Posted Image

I was just reading a reply from ScottKillen on the EXBL forum

"#2 is a limitation of the vanilla flower pot (Vanilla items max out its configurations). A fix is rumored in the works as a part of Forge...I use this with great results."

http://www.minecraft...flower-pot-v12/ is the link which ScottKillen posted.

SnatchNL
    SnatchNL

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Just came across this beautifull sight and had to take a screenshot, seriously who wouldn't like seeing this in their Minecraft?
TDWP, i can't even start to describe how much more enjoyable you made it for all of us to explore the world of MC. Looking forward to future updates.
Spoiler:

verydisturbedone

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

I'm concerned,when you said your removing the big trees does that mean the redwood trees,tall fir trees in the Coniferous forest,ect?
If so i would be greatly disapointed as thats why i loved this mod.Anyway sorry if this have been asked already i looked and didnt see a answer.

Steelflame
  • Minecraft: Steelflameblade

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

View Postverydisturbedone, on 20 February 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

I'm concerned,when you said your removing the big trees does that mean the redwood trees,tall fir trees in the Coniferous forest,ect?
If so i would be greatly disapointed as thats why i loved this mod.Anyway sorry if this have been asked already i looked and didnt see a answer.

No, he is not removing the big trees.  He is removing the custom trees.  That he never actually put in in the first place (as in, he was considering putting them in this upcoming patch, but decided against it).

Warning : This user is prone to doing sporadic edits of recent comments to further expand upon old ideas. This is a very common thing especially right after posting.  Keep this in mind when talking to me over these forums.

I run a small magic focused private server.  If you are interested in joining us, click the banner below to find out more.

Posted Image

SvEgiiVEteR

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

Please watch this ...
I can not understand the connection and conflict.
http://www.minecraft...0#entry20953304

EDIT
I found the solution! Rename the file mode.
TC_(v2.3.2b) KBI TC3 Addon - Essentia Everything.zip
can not understand how but it helped. all biomes in place.
do not know much English.
Sorry for bad English :)

adelfoot59

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostTDWP_FTW, on 18 February 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Yes, I already said the village generation has been fixed for the next update.

Ok thanks a lot ! When will be the next update ?

Steelflame
  • Minecraft: Steelflameblade

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

View Postadelfoot59, on 20 February 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

Ok thanks a lot ! When will be the next update ?

As of last update, the date he has said is he expects it to be finished is the 30th.

Warning : This user is prone to doing sporadic edits of recent comments to further expand upon old ideas. This is a very common thing especially right after posting.  Keep this in mind when talking to me over these forums.

I run a small magic focused private server.  If you are interested in joining us, click the banner below to find out more.

Posted Image

mikeprimm
    mikeprimm

Iron Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

View Postilalmara, on 18 February 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

DYNMAP SUPPORT!!!

The current development build of dynmap now fully supports Biomes'O'Plenty less than one day after my inquiry!

Only one thing left to do before BOPcan officially claim being the by far best biomes mod out there: Support villages and structures introduced by other mods (Thaumcraft, Millenaire).
It's a beautiful mod - I'm a sucker for beautiful mods :)

SamOwnsYou
  • Minecraft: SamOwnsYou

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Could you please make this compatible with Flan's plane mod?

Posted Image

EmanYm
    EmanYm

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Two things.
First, in your FAQ;

Q: What other mods is this compatible with?
A: It should be compatible with most mods, but ones that I've added "special" compatibility for include Big Trees and Underground Biomes.  Again, I can guarantee a mod will work with my mod, so you'll have to test it for yourself.

Might want to correct that.  People might get the wrong idea/interpritation.

Secondly, can this work with just server-side instalation?  Or does this require client-side modification as well?

Posted Image

Click for an instant 10% discount on your rental of a server when you use referral code 232652

Craftiyan
  • Minecraft: bdejean

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

View PostVollans_hl, on 20 February 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Secondly, can this work with just server-side instalation?  Or does this require client-side modification as well?

Well, the client won't know what to do with a "redrock" block when it sees one, so if it's successfully logged in, you'll probably get a NullPointerException upon finding BoP's new blocks.  So, unfortunately, it needs client-side modification as well.
Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

tinkercow

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Why can´t I grow a mangroove and  redwood tree? I plant the sapling but I can´t seem to make it grow (even using bonemeal) am I doing something wrong? Help Please!

yokcos700
  • Minecraft: yokcos700

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'll just leave this here.

EDIT:
Some problems/possible bugs I've noticed:
Fir saplings (and possibly other added saplings) fail to power a furnace.
The achievement regarding red rock only works when obtaining the red rock block. Mining red rock dispenses red rock cobblestone, therefore not giving the achievement.

I make maps.
Posted Image

Cjslayer16

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Ahh thanks for the flowerpot mod! Much appreciated :)

The only other thing I could ask for is if someone knows of a way to make some of the new biomes less hardware intensive, my poor computer can't handle the areas with big trees :( Mystic groves especially.

I know I need a better computer, its a in process thing.

tinkercow

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostCjslayer16, on 21 February 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

Ahh thanks for the flowerpot mod! Much appreciated Posted Image

The only other thing I could ask for is if someone knows of a way to make some of the new biomes less hardware intensive, my poor computer can't handle the areas with big trees Posted Image Mystic groves especially.

I know I need a better computer, its a in process thing.

Disable them, that's what I did because it just caused my laptop to lag as hell.... :(