• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] [Forge] Biomes O' Plenty - We're back!

biome terrain tree plant mob item atmosphere ambience

• Please log in to reply
8462 replies to this topic

Leichenengel
  • Minecraft: Look at my name
  • Xbox:Ain't got one

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostTDWP_FTW, on 23 January 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

Alright.  Also, I figured I'd should mention to everyone that I WON'T be including ideas in the voting that I myself don't like (There are only a few so far that I don't like at all, so it's not like there'll only be a few choices).  Even if one that doesn't fit would've won, I wouldn't add it.  It'll just make things a lot easier in the long run.

I can totally see that and I wouldn'T be unhappy if none of my suggestion got added - in fact some of them yould be integrated in already existing biomes - to expand them. But I won'T post them tonight - it's 3 AM lol I need sleep xD

Do you want Kitchen Furniture&Devices in Vanilla? Discuss here: http://www.minecraft...re-and-devices/

Register or log in to remove.

ZauberExonar
  • Minecraft: zauberexonar

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

I just installed this mod today, and I've found that the various saplings and plants the mod adds can't be used as fuel in furnaces.  Is this a known issue or is it just me?

TDWP_FTW
    TDWP_FTW

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2431 posts
  • Minecraft: TDWP_FTW

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

View PostZauberExonar, on 23 January 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

I just installed this mod today, and I've found that the various saplings and plants the mod adds can't be used as fuel in furnaces.  Is this a known issue or is it just me?
I forgot to add saplings as fuel.  I'll fix it for the next update.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Gameguy75
  • Minecraft: Gameguy64

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Could you add a floating island biome with tall trees, mountains, and waterfalls?

TDWP_FTW
    TDWP_FTW

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2431 posts
  • Minecraft: TDWP_FTW

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostGameguy75, on 23 January 2013 - 04:56 AM, said:

Could you add a floating island biome with tall trees, mountains, and waterfalls?
No.  I already said I'm not adding a floating island biome before.  Floating islands are something that should be in a separate dimension, and since the Aether mod is being revived by the original creators of it, I'm not worried about making my own skylands dimension or anything.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

NeighSlayer

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

This may be a stupid and obvious question to ask at this point, but I am having trouble getting the mod to work. I've followed the steps you've listed to install Forge and the mod into Minecraft, however, it seems like the mod isn't even present in the files. Are there any suggestions that may help me get this mod working properly? And if it weren't obvious, I'm a bit new to Minecraft, so I'm assuming I'm messing something up along the way.

uqtar
    uqtar

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

How about make a biome that floats above the oceanfile:///C:/Users/Jeremiah/Desktop/applications/FloastStoneSkyWood.png? It would also introduce three new Blocks, Float Stone, which has the same placement mechanics as pistons and wood but it always spawns upright(if that is possible to code), Sky Wood, and Sky Leaves. The Sky Leaves would have the same chance of dropping a diamond as the normal leaves have of dropping an apple, and they would also drop Sky Saplings. http://lgzlzh.devian...tWood-350046406  The top texture also goes on the bottom for the Float Stone.  The trees can either grow on dirt or Float Stone. The islands can be large enough to have small cave systems. And Float Stone emits a Light level of eight.  Normal hostile mobs do not spawn, instead all mobs that spawn can fly.

EDIT: Scratch the diamond idea, and the Float Stone only will emit light when powered,and when powered any object above it that would fall would not fall for a distance of two blocks or less space between the Float Stone and the object above the Float Stone, If the Float Stone is powered and the item is attatched on top of it, it will push the object up, unless it is a torch, lever, redstone dust, redstone torch, or door, when powered, the space between the Float stone and the object count as blocks you can stand on, but you can also walk through it like air, when powered, the Float Stone will not push you up if there is a block right above you that is not air, when you are walking on it.  Plus, the islands would have water flowing of the side in most cases, so there would be no need to pillar up.  So instead of Diamonds, I thought that the leaves would drop Mangos that give you the Jump Boost potion effect.  I changed the Wood related items from Sky to Vibrant Wood, Vibrant Leaves, And Vibrant Saplings.  The islands would have the same generating rarity as Mushroom biomes.  New structures would occaisionally generate there called Mu Temples, the temples would be made of Float Stone Bricks also the Float Stone Bricks would have a one block of space stronger powered effect above the Bricks,and they would glow also only when powered.

Sculldemon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

View Postuqtar, on 23 January 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

How about make a biome that floats above the oceanfile:///C:/Users/Jeremiah/Desktop/applications/FloastStoneSkyWood.png? It would also introduce three new Blocks, Float Stone, which has the same placement mechanics as pistons and wood but it always spawns upright(if that is possible to code), Sky Wood, and Sky Leaves. The Sky Leaves would have the same chance of dropping a diamond as the normal leaves have of dropping an apple, and they would also drop Sky Saplings. http://lgzlzh.devian...yWood-350046406 the top texture also goes on the bottom for the Float Stone.  The trees can either grow on dirt or Float Stone. The islands can be large enough to have small cave systems. And Float Stone emits a Light level of eight.  Normal hostile mobs do not spawn, instead all mobs that spawn can fly.
Sorry, excuse me but scroll up, TDWP_FTW already stated that he won't be adding a floating island biome, and what I'm reading here is that apparently you have a chance of getting a diamond from tree leaves? Really, what? What would be the point of mining then? (Nope, I'm totally not going out to the ocean to build a dirt pillar to a flying island and start chopping down trees in hopes of diamonds). Not to mention just mining stone that automatically acts like some sort glowstone is just, sorry to put stupid. (Another reason of not going to The Nether)

Maybe make the floating island and skyward trees perhaps rarer (and get rid of the diamond idea and think of something more suitable to the biome itself), lower the amount of light that Float stone emits and it'll sound more plausible.

Sorry to put it bluntly.

Leichenengel

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostSculldemon, on 23 January 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

Sorry, excuse me but scroll up, TDWP_FTW already stated that he won't be adding a floating island biome, and what I'm reading here is that apparently you have a chance of getting a diamond from tree leaves? Really, what? Not to mention mining stone that automatically acts like glowstone is just, sorry to put stupid.

I second this. Diamonds are MEANT to be rare...

So I said I'd be suggestinf some more biomes that have been popping up in my head. I won't suggest all of them in this post but depending on the amount of details I can give will make several posts in between others. And when I'm done you can just pick the one you find the most intrigueing and add it to your document xD

Smurf Biome

- Could be some sort of expansion of the Funghi Forest or the Garden Biome instead of a whole new Biome

Characteristics:

- GIANT mushrooms that are taller than the current huge mushrooms and at have very thick stems and hats
- everything in the biome including the flowers would appear to be at least the same height as the giant mushrooms or higher (trees)

New Blocks:

- More mushroom blocks - not only the vanilla ones but possibly custom colors.
- More blocks for huge flowers (like not only dandelions and roses but some of your custom flowers as well)

New Mobs/creatures:

- Smurfs: Have the size of your player, only spawn in that biome/area and could use the Villager model just with blue skin and white hats.

Usage:

- Smurfs (like Villagers for trading that would also solve the issue that NPC-villages kind of don't generate in BoP-biomes)
- The giant mushrooms could be carved out to make a one-room shelter and as housings for Smurfs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extreme Wilderness

Characteristics:

- The biome consists of all (or a suitable collection of) plants and trees that are currently available in the game (including those your mod adds).
- The biome should be hilly with ocasional 5 - 10 block deep holes in the ground that are a bit hidden
- If possibly stuff like quicksand
- a lot of thorns and death flowers and other "dangerous" stuff.
- Plants that can entangle/slow down the player (Thanks to sculldemon for suggesting this)
- Water varies between murky, poison and clean (since I don't know if that is possible one of the first two would be fine)
- hidden spawners of hostile mobs (as the biome would have a lightlevel low enough to spawn them and keep them alive)
- Cluttered appearance with very very few natural paths and/or clearances
- occasional clearcance could consist of wasteland/ash blocks and have puddles of lava here and there

New blocks/items:

- Machete (crafted from iron or better)
- Shrub-blocks that are hard to destroy (also have an above average blast resistance)
- Plants that can entangle the player

New mobs/creatures:

- Something that can move through common blocks  like dirt/grass, stone, gravel, sand and wood and new blocks because most other creatures will somewhat be trapped where they spawn unless they can climb.

Usage:

- Biome itself - adventuring, exploring, collecting EP-orbs
- Machete: To easier/faster cut down the new blocks
- New mob: Unpleasant-Surprise-effect Posted Image
- Holes in the ground: as traps
- Spawners: Similar reason like in mineshafts - either farming EPs or having more of a challenge
- Entangling plants: Slow down or even poison the player

So far for the suggestions in THIS post xD

Do you want Kitchen Furniture&Devices in Vanilla? Discuss here: http://www.minecraft...re-and-devices/

Sculldemon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostLeichenengel, on 23 January 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

I second this. Diamonds are MEANT to be rare...

So I said I'd be suggestinf some more biomes that have been popping up in my head. I won't suggest all of them in this post but depending on the amount of details I can give will make several posts in between others. And when I'm done you can just pick the one you find the most intrigueing and add it to your document xD

Smurf Biome

-Snip-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extreme Wilderness

-Snip-

Smurf biome, I like it! Posted Image Lots and lots of mushrooms would be great! I don't think lawyers would like the smurfs though. Posted Image The mushrooms could be in place of trees too! Imagine chopping down mushrooms and make your own shroomy home. (Weak pun)

And something such as an Extreme Wilderness... I wasn't thinking of every type of tree imaginable O_o I was thinking something more dead and extreme looking. Posted Image Perhaps thorns can strike you half a heart and flowers could tranquilize you with their slow movement toxin. Trees could detach and twigs and logs could strike you flat!

But all in all, I'm quite bias really. I like the ideas of mushrooms, poison and everything noisy!

Sodisna
    Sodisna

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • Minecraft: Sodisna

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Name: Mushroom Forest
Type: Forest
Mobs: Cows
Description: A dense forest full of tall mushroom-like (the wood looks like the stalk of the big mushrooms) trees and rich green grass and a s look similar to a jungle biome with the sky having a noticeable purple-ish tint to it.

Leichenengel

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostSculldemon, on 23 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Smurf biome, I like it! Posted Image Lots and lots of mushrooms would be great! I don't think lawyers would like the smurfs though. Posted Image The mushrooms could be in place of trees too! Imagine chopping down mushrooms and make your own shroomy home. (Weak pun)

And something such as an Extreme Wilderness... I wasn't thinking of every type of tree imaginable O_o I was thinking something more dead and extreme looking. Posted Image Perhaps thorns can strike you half a heart and flowers could tranquilize you with their slow movement toxin. Trees could detach and twigs and logs could strike you flat!

But all in all, I'm quite bias really. I like the ideas of mushrooms, poison and everything noisy!

I based the extreme wilderness on the fact that he seems to like "deadly" biomes - my original idea was a lot less dangerous but entangling plants are a good ideas to add to this xDD

EDIT: I added your idea and credited you xD

View PostSodisna, on 23 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Description: A dense forest full of tall mushroom-like (the wood looks like the stalk of the big mushrooms) trees and rich green grass and a s look similar to a jungle biome with the sky having a noticeable purple-ish tint to it.

You noticed that something like this (just with mooshrooms instead of cows) already exists?

ZacharyFell

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostZacharyFell, on 18 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

I'd like to see a Hot Springs biome.

I'm picturing something similar to a Frost Forest, except foggy and with less trees and small hills. On the sides of some of the hills would be shallow tiered pools of water that do not freeze (Perhaps because there is a layer/small pool of lava one layer below the water).  It would also be very cool if there could be geysers of water that shoot up (either permanently, like Buildcraft Oil spouts, or intermittently like Old Faithful).  It could be really interesting if the water that comes from geysers causes burning damage, like lava, except without the lasting fire damage after you are no longer in contact with it.  I'm also picturing the grass and foliage in the zone having a slightly bluish hue to it.

As far as blocks and/or items, perhaps some sort of limestone block that lines the hot spring pools and the underground water sources that supply the geysers.  Also, maybe a sort of mossy growth (like a very, very short grass) that only grows within a certain range of limestone blocks...this could be used to provide the bluish color to the zone, instead of having ALL of the plant-life a bluish color.

Just to give you an idea of what I'm picturing in my head....a few pictures:

http://www.worldalld...ot_springs.html
http://www.yellowsto...tionalpark.org/
http://yaymicro.com/...ng--usa/4254988
http://4.bp.blogspot.../hotsprings.jpg
http://www.123rf.com...rals-left-.html
http://www.naturalfr...mpe/PahTemp.htm

Oh yeah...and I almost forgot....probably not added with this mod, but these fit perfectly into this biome....

MONKEYS!!!

http://www.210countr.../06/monkey7.jpg
http://www.worldwide...now-monkey1.jpg

Sculldemon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostSodisna, on 23 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

You mean the Fungi Forest? That's already a biome, perhaps add some distinguishing features to this biome idea though?

View PostLeichenengel, on 23 January 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

You noticed that something like this (just with mooshrooms instead of cows) already exists?
Yeah, he's describing the Fungi Forest biome. Posted Image

ZauberExonar

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostTDWP_FTW, on 23 January 2013 - 04:25 AM, said:

I forgot to add saplings as fuel.  I'll fix it for the next update.

Excellent, thank you!  Can you also add bamboo shoots as a fuel source as well?

Rhindon
    Rhindon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Posted Image

Hi I have some ideas to create a biome, ideas that I think are great, but not if it will be possible, in any way the mention below:

Sargasso Sea

this sea is low and deep profundidadm grow algae that reach the surface, algae are not an obstacle but if they make the movement is slow, so is more lentoque what can be swimming normally, also affects the movement of the boats, it destroys, but decreases its displacement. in this sea can also find large deposits of clay and sand, and a stone ocacional mind where kelp grows, but no dirt.

Skull Island
is an island whose mountains are shaped skull, on this island there spawn: creepers, zombies and spiders, but if Winther's skeleton, plus sunlight does not kill them.

alien island
but I call it alien island, not necessarily about aliens, it is simply an almost deserted island, where exotic plants like Cactus are black and purple (also green), and sugar cane red and and yellow ( and sugar cane also normal), also may have a new plant that would grow like cacti, but the shape of a sponge.

improvement for the red mountains:
just add a new block, serious red sand, this would have the same properties of normal sand color terracotta, and only appears at the base of the mountain and near the banks

Obsidian Zone
This would be only the nether biome, this is an area full of cinder blocks, obsidian and netherrack, no water but there will be waterfalls acid, no lava in this area and will almost total darkness, even in light of the torches or glowstone will incur a penalty of 2 levels to normal.

Forest corrupted
it is a forest where all plants are gray or black, including grass, vines also cause damage to the touch, if a plant is cut instead of dropping one sapling give you a Dead Bush, and not give apples, any vegetable or wheat is planted just dried up, of course if born sapling and in this area there is no mob

Plateau
This is an excellent biome inspired by one that exists in the real world, dealing with large flat mountain top, and which is formed as large waterfalls, flora and fauna over the Plateau is similar to that of a plain, and Plateau is formed on occasion with several steps

I apologize if I've made some mistakes, speak spanish and my English is very bad

ZauberExonar

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

I noticed a couple of other issues with bamboo shoots:

1) When you plant them in the ground, they don't grow to a full plant when you use bonemeal on them
2) When you cut down a bamboo plant, the leaves at the top don't always decay.

ClassyTurtle
  • Minecraft: lilmessi

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

I noticed that ExtraBiomes gives the option of enabling and disabling villages in all biomes in the config file. Maybe looking to that will help with the issue of villages not spawning. But what do i know :D

Avskygod0
    Avskygod0

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1009 posts
  • Minecraft: Avskygod0

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

More suggeston:

1. Crak

These islands would form in "clusters". They are imposing tall islands made from white stone/quartz/marble. They have a layer of grass on top with shrubs,bushes and really small trees,with patches of rocks too. They are like the Nether,full of holes at the bottom,like sea-carved islands. There could be arches that connect the islands in one cluster. They are really rare,but pretty.

2. Drux

It's like the crag,but even more sharp and cliff-ish. No gravel and dirt however,only stone. Has pits that go deep down into lava. Has tiny volcanoes dotted around.

3. Terraces

It's a mountain but with terraces on it,perfect for Machu Pichuu-like cities.

4. Salt plain

A completely flat desert with nothing in it,with salt blocks on the surface. Can have pockets of salty water sometimes.

5. Dam(structure)

An ancient dam  between the cliffs... Who knows what kinds of ruins and things are in there... If you can find the way in...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Rhindon
    Rhindon

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

I've found other problems but not with the mod itself, but compatibility with other mods, but not exactly compatible, but rather are bugs, I mention two of them here:

forestry problem with the mod:
the bee hives, no biomes were present in this mo, only vanilla biomes (if anyone knows how to fix this problem thank you for help)

problem with the mod Twinlight forest
the creation of the world, Twinlight biomes are mixed in the normal world, not that it looks bad, quite the contrary, see Twinlight biomes in the world created by the mod O 'Plenty makes it more dramatic, but it should not happen , I wonder if anyone knows how to fix this problem too