• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] [Forge] Biomes O' Plenty - We're back!

biome terrain tree plant mob item atmosphere ambience

• Please log in to reply
8400 replies to this topic

Russianranger

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Due to the numerous amount of mods on our server, it was a pain in the katoosh trying to get everything up and running initially, about 3 hours of cleaning up configuration files, making room for all the world gen blocks, the regular blocks, items, etc. But you know what, when we finally booted up that world, and saw all these biomes, and saw a huge crag which a giant fortress will soon be placed, it was all worth it. Thank you so much, this mod is incredible.

Register or log in to remove.

TDWP_FTW
    TDWP_FTW

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2431 posts
  • Minecraft: TDWP_FTW

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostDezo, on 08 January 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Any plans on adding Bukkit support?
Not at the current time.  I'd have no idea how to port it, and I'm not sure about gamax92's knowledge of Bukkit, so I can't say anything right now.  I'd rather wait until I add the rest of the blocks/items I want to add before even thinking about a Bukkit plugin for it.

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

gumb0
    gumb0

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Minecraft: DentedLeftFender

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostTDWP_FTW, on 08 January 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Yeah, I wasn't able to do it with ModLoader, but I should be able to do it with Forge.  I often have to use Fast graphics myself (Especially in biomes with large trees, as that's where my FPS hurts the most), so it's definitely on my to-do list.

Awesome, glad to hear you can relate :)  Looking forward to future updates!

Naao
    Naao

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Can't wait to mess around in these biomes again.  Recently decided I wanted to give Mystcraft a try, so was more than excited to see that this might now be combatible with some of the other Forge mods out there.  Did a quick test run in creative, so far so good =)

zhesam
    zhesam

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I decided to compare your mod and EBXL and after a couple of days removed extrabiomes from my mods directory. "REALISTIC" is amazing!  I like the environment of your biomes, but there is one thing that is very annoying - is a sharp change of color of the sky during the transition from one biome to another. Is there a way to make it smoother, or make customizable colors?

Eryan
    Eryan

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Minecraft: 95_Eric

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostDezo, on 08 January 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Any plans on adding Bukkit support?

You should probably take a look at BukkitForge :>
Check out my server if you like mystcraft, universal electricity, forestry, buildcraft, industrial craft and more.

Posted Image

TDWP_FTW
    TDWP_FTW

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2431 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postzhesam, on 08 January 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

Is there a way to make it smoother, or make customizable colors?
It's just the way Minecraft handles it.  The colors change a slight bit in vanilla, but the differences in color are so small that you don't really notice it.  If I could change it (Or rather, knew how to), I would.

Posted Image

motherducker12

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

will this be compatible with tropicraft-they both have bamboo but in different forms

Eryan
    Eryan

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

View PostTDWP_FTW, on 08 January 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Yes, we'll look into allowing players to pick which biomes they want to generate in their worlds.

I really hope this turns out to be a fairly simple process cause it would be excellent if you could implement this Posted Image
It would also be nice if one might be able to control the generation probability of the biomes, for instance, to make redwood forests much rarer or more common.  If not though, it's nothing really.

But yeah, configuring which biomes would load would be helpful, cause I'm kinda scared what it might do to my server if a player  came into a pasture biome...all those wheat listeners checking for growth events....my ticks per second!  Oh god no! (might be able to handle it fine actually, but, I guess I don't want to find out otherwise)
Check out my server if you like mystcraft, universal electricity, forestry, buildcraft, industrial craft and more.

Posted Image

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostEryan, on 08 January 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

But yeah, configuring which biomes would load would be helpful, cause I'm kinda scared what it might do to my server if a player  came into a pasture biome...all those wheat listeners checking for growth events....my ticks per second!  Oh god no! (might be able to handle it fine actually, but, I guess I don't want to find out otherwise)

Nothing a little judicious application of Fire couldn't handle.

Eryan
    Eryan

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

View PostAkulaMak, on 08 January 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

Nothing a little judicious application of Fire couldn't handle.

Player that discovers the pasture biome after I've set it on fire:  I'M ON FIRE!  YOU'RE A JERK!  MY PRECIOUS WHEAT!  /player dies.  /player ragequits server.

Posted Image

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostEryan, on 08 January 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Player that discovers the pasture biome after I've set it on fire:  I'M ON FIRE!  YOU'RE A JERK!  MY PRECIOUS WHEAT!  /player dies.  /player ragequits server.
/new player takes all of old players stuff...

TDWP_FTW
    TDWP_FTW

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2431 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Just uploaded a quick little update.  Tweaked some stuff with apple trees in the Orchard biome.

Posted Image

Eryan
    Eryan

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostAkulaMak, on 08 January 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

/new player takes all of old players stuff...

But it would have been destroyed by the lava or flaming netherrack from the conflagration bomb...

Posted Image

MCXTreme
    MCXTreme

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hey TDWP_FTW and gamax92,

Great mod, by far the best biome mod out there and im glad its forge compatible as it makes life alot easier.

Anyways keep up the good work and thankyou for this fantastic mod.

MCX
Posted Image

angelkitten1
  • Minecraft: angelkitten1

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Is it possible if you could do a mo creatures add-on?

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostEryan, on 08 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

But it would have been destroyed by the lava or flaming netherrack from the conflagration bomb...
Nope, /oldplayer was a hoarder, and had a chest full of diamond blocks encased in obsidian. /new player is now RICH, Rich I tell you!!!

NevK
    NevK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm not convinced that I got it working on my server cause I only see normal looking biomes,well other than the volcano. Did I do this correctly?
Put the zip in mods folder, open server properties with notepad and input "generator-settings=SMALL_BIOMESPLUS".
It works perfectly fine in Singleplayer, the world is varied and beautiful but in my multiplayer server It looks really normal everywhere I go.

TDWP_FTW
    TDWP_FTW

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2431 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

No, you change level-type, not generator-settings.

Posted Image

NevK
    NevK

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Yeah! I was just gonna edit my post after I did some research and found out what went wrong. Thanks a lot for the fast response too! I'm sorry for looking like an idiot but I'm new to this! You are awesome.