• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Valansch
    Valansch

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:04 PM

First of all: I have already gathered alot of experience with hosting minecraft servers.

My problem is that nobody outside of my lan can connect to my server, not even me if i try to join with my external ip+port. It always says:

"Failed to connect to the server
Connection timed out: connect"

You can see my setting here:

Posted Image

My firewall is perfectly configurated aswell:(sry it's german but i think you can understand it Posted Image
)
Posted Image

My IPv4 adress is 192.168.220.100 and my computer name is Maik-PC, so that's right.

Can anyone halp me please? i 've this problem since 1.2 or 1.1, it always worked before

i have reinstalled java and the server software a couple times(tried it with a vanilla server aswell).Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Dignatio

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

Use your computer ip adress as the ip you type in server.properties.

http://www.whatsmyip.org/ that is the IP other people outside of you LAN will have to use.

Valansch
    Valansch

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostDignatio, on 24 September 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Use your computer ip adress as the ip you type in server.properties.

it doesen't change anything if i do, i have read a couple forums where they said i shall leave it blank, i still tried it.

LindaKoeter

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hello,

I got just the same problem.
I am kind of advanced in hosting servers because I did it a lot before for me and 3 friends of mine.
Just 3 days ago I got my new PC set up. First I had XP now I got Win7.

On my XP I port forwarded and it worked fine even though http://www.yougetsig...ols/open-ports/  told me my port 25565 is not open. (Right now it tells my my port 80 is closed... Sure.)
I even used DynDNS all the time to get a normal adress and so that I don't have to give everyone always the new IP.

Yesterday I started to set up a new Server again because I didn't convert my datas yet. So I downloaded the latest Server.exe and Minecraft itself.
I couldn't get the Server.exe to work at first so I was already confused. But I managed to edit the config file so it worked and I could log in on my server per localhost.

I downloaded DynDNS again so I could use the same manually made IP again. Didn't work. That's the point I don't get.
I used the normal IP I would use and I tried the IP my friends would use. Didn't work.
I read that Win7 propably closes all ports by default even though they are opened at the Router already. So I used a tutorial that told me how to open them in the Firewall.
I even tried not only the incoming but also the outcoming signals. Didn't work.

So I did this:

1. I checked my Router again, if the Port is still forwarded. CHECK. It is.

2. I tried all the IP's I found on any sites and my cmd->ipconfig. DIDN'T WORK
(I let my friend try them all too. With and without the :25565 port added.)

3. I tried the http://download.cnet...4-10764348.html tool. And even though I didn't quite understand it I managed to open the port somehow so I could log in per my internal IP + Port (25565). SO I CAN JOIN NOW

4. I tried the http://www.pcwintech...port-forwarding tool. And it does nothing for me. I add all my Info and the Port but I did everything it does manually before. And when I use the "Test" to check if the port opened it doesn't stop checking. It get's nothing out of it. Before I added everything it simply took 1/4 second to tell me that the port failed. Now it checks it forever. (Stared at it like 10 mins.) NO CHANGE

5. Still no one but me can join the server. And that's not the idea of it.

I am pretty confused because I propably read every tutorial aviable on the Internet for this problem. I tried everything that worked before and I tried everything my head can think of.

Maybe some of the stuff I did can help you, but I'd like some help too. What the freackidy do I miss here?

Valansch
    Valansch

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostLindaKoeter, on 25 September 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

I am pretty confused because I propably read every tutorial aviable on the Internet for this problem. I tried everything that worked before and I tried everything my head can think of.

Maybe some of the stuff I did can help you, but I'd like some help too. What the freackidy do I miss here?

Well that is exactly how i feel, i have no idea what causes this problem.
I have Win 7 aswell but it worked once for me so that can't be the issue.
I can join my server by typing "localhost" "127.127.0.0.1" or my internal ip so this works for me, If i set "Ip adress" in the server.properties file, i have to join with internal ip+port.
Clients in my Lan network can SOMETIMES join, there is something really buggy going on -.-
Tank you for your post, if you know how to fix it make sure to tell me, as i will do if i know :)

If someone has an idea how i can fix this, feel free to comment :)

LindaKoeter

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

I will let you know if i find anything. I left the ip in the server.properties file always blank. It's just a really small percentage (like less than 1%) when it is needed to put something there.

LindaKoeter

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

I don't know what I did, because I literally did nothing after posting this here but it works now... Maybe just try what I did, restart your PC some more times and try again with the external IP.
I hope it will stay this way and I hope it will work for you too.

Greetings.

XxDropThatBeatxX

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I have the same problem too, but I host it with Fluctis, and I'm not sure why all my friends can connect to the server except for me, all I get is a connection time out : connection or can't reach server

CptSpaceToaster

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Common sources of this problem come from external or additional firewalls.  (Norton, Symmantec, even Windows Default Firewall)

This guide will help you allow a Minecraft Server through Windows (Vista and up) Firewall.
Spoiler:

Go through all of the firewalls you have on your computer, and make sure they aren't the problem.
If this doesn't fix your problem, make sure your server.properties file has this line left empty
server-ip=
And make sure the port is set to the same one you're forwarding too.
server-port=25565

Posted Image

What about naturally occurring Rave Stone?

loseyoursefl

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

I'm not 100% sure but a friend told me it is because I use minecraft.net servers, only letting people with the same wi fi to be on, unless you use a program e.g. evolve

DishonoredSoul
  • Minecraft: HitmanNOS

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Greetings Earthlings! Maybe im missing something here but me and a friend are playing in offline mode and are trying to connect to LAN.
It just sits there and then the connection times out! The hell am I doing wrong? The internet is extremely slow but it will probably speed up soon so advice is most needed.
We have limited time so a quick response would be great.
-Find a way beyond the other side, Until the last man stands for all mankind-

Posted Image

Oldmonkey333

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Question, if I go on Offline mode 'cuz I'm not premium, can I do multiplayer?

CptSpaceToaster

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostDishonoredSoul, on 15 March 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

Greetings Earthlings! Maybe im missing something here but me and a friend are playing in offline mode and are trying to connect to LAN.
It just sits there and then the connection times out! The hell am I doing wrong? The internet is extremely slow but it will probably speed up soon so advice is most needed.
We have limited time so a quick response would be great.

View PostOldmonkey333, on 25 March 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Question, if I go on Offline mode 'cuz I'm not premium, can I do multiplayer?

If you have not payed for Minecraft, do not expect to get on a server easily.  The server software by default will check your name against Minecraft's servers and verify that you've paid for minecraft in order to let you play.  Offline mode will stop that check from happening.

View Postloseyoursefl, on 11 February 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

I'm not 100% sure but a friend told me it is because I use minecraft.net servers, only letting people with the same wi fi to be on, unless you use a program e.g. evolve

I'm sorry, but this didn't make much sense... Are you saying that you have a server on Minecraft.net, but only people within your Local Area Network can connect?

Posted Image

What about naturally occurring Rave Stone?

altairauditore9

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hi and I am also having the same problem. A friend and I have been playing using a Wireless LAN connection. I decided to download an adventure map to play with my friend and then when I tried connecting it suddenly stopped working! Every time I try it says: "Connection Timed Out". Please help!

P.S. We both don't have premium accounts
We used to connect just fine until we downloaded an adventure map and texture pack
My friend is kinda mad at me for "messing the game up" so I would really appreciate a quick response
Both of our Minecrafts are version 1.5.1

AnActualGamer

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

I have the same problem, nobody can join my server! I have a Bukkit Server, I have also port forwarded and everything. The only thing I can think of is Hamachi but that has gave some people virus'. If you do use Hamachi make sure you download the RIGHT one! I'll be sure to get back to you if I fix it some how.

roboaedin
  • Minecraft: roboaedin

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostAnActualGamer, on 16 April 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

I have the same problem, nobody can join my server! I have a Bukkit Server, I have also port forwarded and everything. The only thing I can think of is Hamachi but that has gave some people virus'. If you do use Hamachi make sure you download the RIGHT one! I'll be sure to get back to you if I fix it some how.
The real Hamachi download site is "https," not "http," and is from LogMeIn.
And I was having this problem while trying to connect to a server I set up on the desktop(I was trying to connect from my laptop).
It turned out temporarily disabling my firewall fixed it. Try that if the error while the others are trying to join is "Connection timed out: connect."
http://www.minecraft...losivevolcanic/
GET THAT MOD!!! {[Explosives+ by Pheenixm]}-- The picture for it won't post in my signature... >_<

Poppy_123

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:19 PM

hi just made a new server yesterday for the first time. Iam not really good at computers. When my sister tries to join my server it just says connection timed out its so annoying i dont know what to do. we are both using the same wireless internet as well. Help please

XTheUnwanted1
  • Minecraft: XTheUnwanted1

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostPoppy_123, on 03 August 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

hi just made a new server yesterday for the first time. Iam not really good at computers. When my sister tries to join my server it just says connection timed out its so annoying i dont know what to do. we are both using the same wireless internet as well. Help please

I am having a similar problem where my friend is at his place but it just wont let him join. It keeps saying: Connection timed out, for him.
Someone please help.

Posted Image

poweroferic

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

my friend has a server and everyone can connect but me and every time i try to connect minecraft comes up with "server timed out" please help!!!!

agent_dmx
  • Minecraft: agent_dmx

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

i have the same problem, it worked just fine before, but yesterday the wifi didn't work. zo i unplugged and plugged the power and it was working again. but when i join my server he says: timed out: connect, even with localhost. so i think it is something with the router but what? idk i post it if i found something :D