• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.3_01] WTFisaNeko (Cat Mod) [V2]

• Please log in to reply
679 replies to this topic

KodaichiZero

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

These aren't the Nekos you're looking for...
Posted Image
"WTFisaNeko" Version 2 for Beta 1.3_01 by KodaichiZero
voices, skins and coding were all done by me. Yes, I recorded my own voice for the cat noises.

xjm9axb6nu4
Video thoughtfully provided by a very cool person, Xenoph

Super cool special thanks to _303 for updating the whole thing by himself for me!

BEFORE WE BEGIN, this mod was made in response to this thread, not this thread. As much as I love the ideas of the latter, I did not want to disappoint them with my inferior modding skills. If anyone is still looking to make a cat mob that is any better than this, please do so.

- AHEM -

The first thing we must discuss is the title: "WTFisaNeko". You may be asking yourself the same question. While the original request thread had me very confused (since I did not understand Japanese), I did some research and found out that the word "neko" simply refers to cats. Well, nobody seemed to be making cats, so the request seemed simple to do. But who would settle for just ordinary boring cats? Not me, of course!

Posted Image
About to choke a chicken.

These nekos, or "cats" as I coloquially refer to them, are NOT too fond of people, which makes them really exciting. By nature, they spawn a bit rarely and always alone, and they partake in activites like chasing smaller mobs (chickens/burds/bunnies) or items lying on the ground, but if a player approaches them, they will start to growl and angry smoke will come out of their heads! If you stay around them for too long, they'll lunge at you and give you one nasty scratch! But fear not, there is a way to make cats trust you! the answer is simply MILK!

Posted Image
Getting all hissed off.

Just grab a bucket, find a cow, collect some milk and then right-click the cat. If you did it correctly, you should see a big puff of steam, and the cat will stop being aggressive towards the player. Well done! But this is just the beginning. As you keep on feeding the cat more and more buckets of milk, its trust level raises (as well as its HP) and great things start to happen! After you feed the three (3) milk buckets, the cat will start to follow you, and you can see its trust level! This is great for if you want a simple pet cat. But we're not done yet!

Posted Image
The best friend a friend can befriend.

When a cat is fed a total of seven (7) milk buckets, some really good stuff starts to happen. The cat will become loyal to you, so if it sees any monsters around, it will attack them with its fierce claws! The attack is as strong as an arrow, and since each milk bucket heals 4 HP (or 2 hearts), your pet cat can get up to 20 HP from its natural ten and really deal some damage against your enemies! And since it specifically only attacks monsters, most of your friends should get along with it just fine. In addition, when a cat reaches this state, it will not despawn naturally, so you can keep it as a pet in your house forever. But there is one more thing I should warn you about.

Please do not view this image if you have a weak heart or are easily frightened:
Spoiler:

As you can see, this is where my flawed coding skills show themselves. Because of a terrible glitch I cannot remove, cats transform themselves into a hideous creature when fed at least fifteen (15) milk buckets. Thankfully, there are various other glitches at this state that can give you an advantage. I tried my best to find them all, and you can see what I came up with in the abilities section.

Summary of Abilities:
    [*:1sli9zuf] Spawns rarely and alone
    [*:1sli9zuf] Considered to be an animal
    [*:1sli9zuf] Drops string or feathers upon death
    [*:1sli9zuf] Attacks by pouncing like a spider, deals 2 hearts
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will attack and eat small creatures, gaining HP
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will attack the player if the player stays near it for too long
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will lose trust or attack the player if the player hits it
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will chase after dropped items and hit them until they break
    [*:1sli9zuf] Gains HP and trust when given milk buckets with a right-click

At trust level 1 (calm mode):
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will not attack the player anymore unless hit by the player

At trust level 3 (interested mode):
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will follow the player around
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will show its trust level when right-clicked
    [*:1sli9zuf] Drops an additional fish upon death

At trust level 7 (loyal mode):
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will attack visible nearby monsters (only monsters) that target the player
    [*:1sli9zuf] Does not despawn naturally anymore
    [*:1sli9zuf] Will show its HP when right-clicked
    [*:1sli9zuf] Drops a memorial cake upon tragic death instead of the fish

At trust level 15 (catgirl mode):
    [*:1sli9zuf] Turns into a different creature
    [*:1sli9zuf] Still uses a cat stance when chasing targets
    [*:1sli9zuf] Shows various messages when right clicked, which change depending on the HP level or what she is chasing
    [*:1sli9zuf] When damaged, she will only die if her HP was at exactly 1 before the damage took place. This means she can survive a full-on creeper blast, or take 5 hits from zombies instead of 4
    [*:1sli9zuf] Drops a green "cat" record upon very tragic death, as a way to remind you of it when it's gone
    [*:1sli9zuf] Apparently loves you.

Issues:
    [*:1sli9zuf] As with all mods, bad things always happen in the first version - as is plainly obvious. Make sure to post any additional glitches you find, catgirl-related or non-catgirl-related.
    [*:1sli9zuf] OMG attacks the player on peaceful mode if you are mean to it! Sorry!
    [*:1sli9zuf] It seems that sometimes cats stay angry at the player even after being fed lots of milk? For future reference, just don't hit them.

Instructions:
    [*:1sli9zuf]You must first install Risugami's Mod Loader + Audio Mod and 303's spawnlist API before this mod will work. Other mods may include the spawnlist API, but please do not attempt to install old versions of the mod loader or spawnlist into the 1.3_01 client.
    [*:1sli9zuf]If you are using a Mac computer, search for a special Mac installation tutorial if you have problems installing the mod. "Minecrafter" or something like that might work.
    [*:1sli9zuf]Once you've successfully install the three requirements above, simply follow the instructions uncluded in the download.

Downloads: Please enjoy the new FileFront-less link and have a nice day.

Remember kids: blah blah blah obligatory joke about furries blah.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

DR.Jeckle
    DR.Jeckle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • Minecraft: DRJeckle

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:13 AM

THIS IS AWEOSME!

FIRST! ROFLYAYZ!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nandonalt

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:14 AM

That's awesome.
Let there be cats!
Posted Image

msmit71
    msmit71

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1824 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:16 AM

Very cool!

Donixs
    Donixs

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:16 AM

You and your showmanship always makes me laugh.

Another wonderful mod.
Posted Image

DR.Jeckle
    DR.Jeckle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

hooray for more chicks!
Posted Image
Posted Image

ickykid94

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

I found that original request very funny when I first saw it earlier today, and now you made a mod for it!
I really like the look of this, and I'm gonna download it.  :tnt:
+ :Diamond: for you!
Posted Image

rik1301 said:

Pattoe said:

I don't even know why these people are allowed internet access.

I didn't click your link, noone did.

Now grow the fuck up and fuck off.

LOL

+1

DR.Jeckle
    DR.Jeckle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

OH YEA! LEVEL 32 HOT CAT CHICK! SHE LOVES ME!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Zamlulz
    Zamlulz

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

I haven't used a mob mod in awhile.... Will this damage my saves if I remove this mod? I'd really like this mod.

Jeheace
    Jeheace

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 605 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:34 AM

Indeed!

t3sla
    t3sla

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

:Purple:
TELL USH THE SECRIT

Nachodaddy42

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

Nice btw can you update your spiders pl0x?

EDIT everytime i see the shamwow commercial i think about your mods is that bad? o.o

KodaichiZero

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

Zamlulz said:

I haven't used a mob mod in awhile.... Will this damage my saves if I remove this mod? I'd really like this mod.

It adds no custom blocks or items, so it shouldn't.
Posted Image

ZombieMannequin

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:37 AM

my god what have you done

Zamlulz
    Zamlulz

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

KodaichiZero said:

Zamlulz said:

It adds no custom blocks or items, so it shouldn't.

Tanks.

Holy crap, I just got a new mod idea!

*Begins creating a texture file for a tank*

DR.Jeckle
    DR.Jeckle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:39 AM

IM WINNING Level 102 :)

Picture gone coz i feel bad
Posted Image
Posted Image

3phen
    3phen

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:43 AM

This is nothing compared to my top secret Hentai mod.  PM for detailz.  :SSSS:  :tnt:

EDIT, one and a half years later:  Christ people, this was a joke.  Please stop PM-ing me.  Wow.

Zamlulz
    Zamlulz

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 565 posts

DR.Jeckle said:

IM WINNING

YOU RUINED MY LIFE BY SPOILING THE END OF THE BEST MOD EVER!!!! :iapprove:  :D  :SSSS:

Brandon102195

i have cried when i saw the kitten
it reminds me of my cat. I love you (in nonsexual way :3)

DR.Jeckle
    DR.Jeckle

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

NOOOOO SHE WAS AT LVL 300! THEN SHE RESET BACK TO LEVEL 15! :'(
Posted Image
Posted Image