• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

What was your FIRST reaction to Minecaft?

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

JoelAutobot10
  • Minecraft: JoelAutobot12

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

My first reaction to minecraft was "Why's everything cubes? I'm guessing you use the arrows keys to move (like most other games). Oh... I'm wrong! It's left handed controls! This is a great game!" I'm now great with redstone, a great builder and a player who's beaten the ender dragon.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

lolcreeper200
  • Minecraft: lolcreeper200

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I thought, "What is this pointless game with terrible graphics?"

Then I watched a playthrough on YouTube and fell in love.
Posted Image

VarionVikenYT

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostJoelAutobot10, on 23 November 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

My first reaction to minecraft was "Why's everything cubes? I'm guessing you use the arrows keys to move (like most other games). Oh... I'm wrong! It's left handed controls! This is a great game!" I'm now great with redstone, a great builder and a player who's beaten the ender dragon.
Thanks for starting page 12 :D

tcanton2
    tcanton2

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

My first thought was What the crap am I supposed to do!?
Hey come check out my server! Life In Prison where you have to start out low and work your way to become free!
IP: 216.245.217.98:25578

LegendaryCobra

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

I thought that Minecraft was a dumb game. I Joined in 1.2.5 , and when I tried it, I was like 'This game is soooooooo awesome'
Posted Image

quadrupedal_pink_equine

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

minecraft classic singleplayer:
"I shall build a castle....OUT OF CHEESE!!!!"

minecraft classic multiplayer, seeing a massive world of builds:
"WHOA!"

Kodehawa
    Kodehawa

Nether Resident

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2018 posts
  • Minecraft: kodehawa

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

My laptop I had then ran minecraft at 1fps Posted Image it was crappy but then i found optifine and it improved to 13fps so I lived with it Posted Image Now it works great with a new computer   - The fu.. same xD -

WTF is this game... i'll try it.

Wow! mods, WOW! Bulidcraft, omg, i play this anyway XD
Playing osu right now~, Check new CE updated by Godshawk

Posted Image

WaffleThePilot
  • Minecraft: waffleman009
  • Xbox:MAXWELLTHEPILOT

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

My first reaction: "are those villagers or zombies? I think villagers!!" They where acctuly zombies.

"Jesus, Nazi killer whales."- Simon Chase

ShahoHD
    ShahoHD

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • Minecraft: _Shaho

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'm a senior compared to you people! I started back in November 2010, only a few months after the first alpha release. I have seen Mojang shape the game and I bloody hate them for the villagers but I love all the new building and mob additions. I guess the first time I didn't really know what it was but a friend let me use their account and it started from there.

I started off on a Toshiba laptop getting about 30FPS which I later upgraded to give me about 100. I have changed to this Acer and I am getting at least 200FPS. :3 I feel sorry for you guys.

I have despised CraftBukkit for late updates and Mojang for constant server overloads, which is going on right now and I am bloody angry as a cause of it.

Sythe5665

I joined right before jungle biomes were added.
My first reaction was,"Okay, I made a world and I'm playing it, now what?"

ThunderBow98
  • Minecraft: ThunderBow98

Hey! When I first started playing minecraft, it was in Beta 1.8

The first world I ever made I had no clue what to do. It was one of those maps where you spawn in an ocean biome (As a matter of a fact, it was actually a survival island world) Anyway, I spawned on this small island having no clue what to do. I saw tall grass and I punched it. Occasionally it would drop seeds but after clearing the entire island of tall grass, I only got 3 seeds. So I said to myself "Maybe you can only hold 3 of an item at a time....."

There was a tree on the island.

I had no clue how to actually break blocks, so I kept button mashing the mouse trying to break the tree. (Fail)
Finally I figured it out. But then came another issue. How to craft stuff. I didn't know how to make a crafting table, so I only used the 2x2 crafting area in the inventory. So I thought I was screwed and would never make it through the first night. Stranded on that island, I saw.... Squids. I thought they were evil octopuses...... So i punched it (Hey its pretty legit with those sharp teeth :P) I got an ink sac and had no clue what to do with it.

I stayed on that island the whole night. I thought my hunger bar would go down but it wasn't. I thought (hmm... maybe it doesn't deplete when you aren't doing anything vigorous...) Night time came and I was flipping out. I knew about endermen, and was scared ­less of them. I ran around on the island frantically. I had no home, no food, and no weapon. Well fortunately for me I was on Peaceful mode and had no clue that I was even in that mode. After realizing what happened, I closed out of that world and started a new one.....

To be continued :P

Posted Image

Chezter
    Chezter

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Minecraft: Ewoud_

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

was at a gaming camp, i saw the icon and accidentyl pressed it, saw the crappy dirt background menu screen and quited. day later i heard what the game was about and played 3 hours straight. instant addict
Posted Image

Pxels
    Pxels

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Minecraft: C0ffeeBeans

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

My first reaction was, "Ew."
Of course now I am a dedicated player and play it constantly.
Check out my threads!

Wiggycat314
  • Minecraft: Wiggycat314

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I started playing Classic and was hooked.  I then played on a friends account and could not stop playing.  Got an account 2 weeks later.  I started playing around Alpha 1.2.1_02.  Right after the Halloween update in November of 2010.  Haven't stopped playing since.  

My favorite update is definitely Beta 1.7.3.  Perfect terrain, Colors were pretty.  Mountainous and full of trees.

sharkystriker22

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:15 AM

I first joined in 1.3.2,I started playing because of my friends,thought i'd give it a shot.My first reactions where-This game is so fun 0_0  . Then it got dark-Hmm,whats that noise?*creeper blows up*

Birdatoo

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

For me it's a LONG story. So I went down to the basement with a bunch of other kids. One was playing Minecraft. But this is what the person said: Its a game where you have to kill animals to survive. So I didnt try it ( since I love animals ) but I told my cousin . He got MC PE lite then me. Then we got MC PE, then Minecraft PC.

Version: 1.2.5
Edit:that was the short version

Edited by Birdatoo, 11 December 2012 - 02:20 AM.

Posted Image
Hey, you see that green button? Feel free to be awesome and press it