• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Pizarro
    Pizarro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:24 AM

Wasn't sure where to put this, figured General Gaming would fit best.

Yesterday, the game Torchlight 2 was finally released and I've been playing it feverishly since then. I get to "act 3" of the game and fight my way through the missions until I'm instructed to make my way to the battlefields. On the very northern tip of the map, I locate a dungeon called "Notch's Mine". I think to myself thats pretty neat, a tribute to Minecraft by naming one dungeon after the developer. I go inside and was more surprised.

Creepers in mah Torchlight! D:
Posted Image

The dungeon was extremely small with only a couple creepers and a single chest. I got a unique club in the loot as well as this.

Great for getting pets back to town faster, but thats it.
Posted Image
BARBARIANS - A Nightmare of a Mob: http://www.minecraft...tmare-of-a-mob/ (Please give support and don't let it die)

Register or log in to remove.

Trace500
    Trace500

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1128 posts
  • Minecraft: Trace500

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

"Tribulating" is not a word and it's bugging me more than it probably should.
"Can't very well use magic when your wand is out of bullets." - Homestuck
“If, by some strange coincidence, a hundred sharp pencils I was carrying embedded themselves in a third-party, would that be an accidental death?” - Nisemonogatari

Pizarro
    Pizarro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:47 AM

View PostTrace500, on 22 September 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

"Tribulating" is not a word and it's bugging me more than it probably should.

Thanks, lemme fix that.

EDIT: Are you sure? Firefox isn't picking it up as a spelling error. Eh, doesn't matter. Fixed errors anyway. Also fixed title, was using an inappropriate word.
BARBARIANS - A Nightmare of a Mob: http://www.minecraft...tmare-of-a-mob/ (Please give support and don't let it die)

Trace500
    Trace500

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1128 posts
  • Minecraft: Trace500

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

View PostPizarro, on 22 September 2012 - 12:47 AM, said:

Thanks, lemme fix that.

EDIT: Are you sure? Firefox isn't picking it up as a spelling error. Eh, doesn't matter. Fixed errors anyway. Also fixed title, was using an inappropriate word.

"Tribulation" is a word, I must have made a mistake... oh well, it was bugging me anyway.

Anyway, to actually add to the thread, I think it's neat that Minecraft is getting so many cool cameos and shout-outs, but it irks me that a lot of them just add creepers to fight or a blocky pickaxe or something. It feels like they're just adding the most recognizable aspects of Minecraft to appeal to Minecraft fans, instead of adding things because they actually enjoy the game.
"Can't very well use magic when your wand is out of bullets." - Homestuck
“If, by some strange coincidence, a hundred sharp pencils I was carrying embedded themselves in a third-party, would that be an accidental death?” - Nisemonogatari

Netherack Creeper

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostTrace500, on 22 September 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

"Tribulation" is a word, I must have made a mistake... oh well, it was bugging me anyway.

Anyway, to actually add to the thread, I think it's neat that Minecraft is getting so many cool cameos and shout-outs, but it irks me that a lot of them just add creepers to fight or a blocky pickaxe or something. It feels like they're just adding the most recognizable aspects of Minecraft to appeal to Minecraft fans, instead of adding things because they actually enjoy the game.
When you put it like that, you're right.

Pizarro
    Pizarro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

View PostTrace500, on 22 September 2012 - 01:28 AM, said:

To be fair though, the pickaxe and the creeper were always the signature figures in Minecraft. Pickaxe for mining obviously, and creeper because they're sneaky green ninjas that are a common pest among players.

nursesaids

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

Interesting time for Minecraft references.
Borderlands 2 has one as well.
Posted Image

IE33
    IE33

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 855 posts
  • Minecraft: meritus335

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

This is so awesome, I have torchlight 2 and now I need to get that cool Cobblestone Sword!

CLICK THIS IMAGE FOR AWESOME

Posted ImagePosted Image

SparkzHD
  • Minecraft: Black_Ra1n_
  • Xbox:SparkzHDD

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

View Postnursesaids, on 22 September 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Interesting time for Minecraft references.
Borderlands 2 has one as well.

Yeah, Borderlands 2 has a little cave with minable blocks, a few creepers and a giant bad ass one! When you kill them they have a chance of dropping customization items for your character to make him look like a MC Character. Also, you can get a sniper that fire arrows from MC Posted Image

SparkzHDD Website

Did I help you? Please click the Posted Image button! Thanks!

Bnagers
    Bnagers

Carpenter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Minecraft: Bnagers

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

Ha, I found that place in Torchlight 2 too, but I got a Diamond Sword, with Sharpness V :D Over 400 dps.
My Server: 123.2.111.253:25565

SparkzHD

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostBnagers, on 23 September 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

Ha, I found that place in Torchlight 2 too, but I got a Diamond Sword, with Sharpness V Posted Image Over 400 dps.

Was that sarcasm, or did you actually get one? :o
Can we have a screenshot? :D

SparkzHDD Website

Advize
    Advize

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1530 posts
  • Minecraft: Advize

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Someone posted this on the runic forums, they found a gold sword.

Posted Image

SparkzHD

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostAdvize, on 23 September 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

Someone posted this on the runic forums, they found a gold sword.

Posted Image

Wow! :D
Can you repeat the dungeon to get the chest again or can you only loot it once?

SparkzHDD Website

Advize
    Advize

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1530 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PosttodotoJB, on 23 September 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Wow! Posted Image
Can you repeat the dungeon to get the chest again or can you only loot it once?

Dungeons do reset after a certain amount of time. You can speed up the process and "reroll" your world and everything will respawn.

iHazFail99

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

View PostAdvize, on 23 September 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Dungeons do reset after a certain amount of time. You can speed up the process and "reroll" your world and everything will respawn.
How would you "reroll" though? I'm quite interested in this, although I'm still only in Act 1.
Posted Image
Now that's one FPS boost!

Advize
    Advize

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1530 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostiHazFail99, on 23 September 2012 - 03:06 PM, said:

How would you "reroll" though? I'm quite interested in this, although I'm still only in Act 1.

When you create your own internet or LAN game there is an option to "reroll" your world. Do this, and then leave your game and go back to single player.

Pizarro
    Pizarro

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

View PostAdvize, on 23 September 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

When you create your own internet or LAN game there is an option to "reroll" your world. Do this, and then leave your game and go back to single player.

Sweet, thanks for the tip. I think having all Minecraft swords would make a rather fine collection.

SparkzHD

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostAdvize, on 23 September 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

That's awesome! :D
Thanks for the tip mate, Creepers bewarned! >:D

SparkzHDD Website

Zacko
    Zacko

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

Saw this topic and went to search for the mine. Posted Image
Didn't find it on my first try, but I rerolled the map and found it immediately.
Got a diamond sword from the chest. Posted Image Epic loot.

An incredible weapon with incredibly low requirements.
You could have 415dps on level 10 if you put all points in focus.

Posted Image

DylanJoelM

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:58 AM

I'm a big Minecraft fan, so when I first heard about this I had to check it out. I bought the game on steam, and made my way to act 3, went to the sundered battlefield and went to the Gravedeep. Unfortunately on my first try I couldn't find it anywhere so I rerolled and tried again, but to no success. I have tried rerolling many times now and I for some reason cant find it. Does it not appear sometimes or have I gone too far into the storyline, can someone please help me because I really want to find this.