Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 127 posts
  • Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
  • Minecraft: tippyfoo

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Good Night's Sleep Beta 2.3.2 for 1.6.2

The Good Night's Sleep mod adds two new dimensions, the good dream and the nightmare. Each dream land is accessed through sleeping in its corresponding bed, rather than stepping through a portal.

As of now the good dream is far more developed than the nightmare. Therefore, I have made a recipes .png that displays all the good dream recipes. I only included the good dream recipes because:

- I am not as far with programming the nightmare

- the recipes for the nightmare are almost exactly parallel to the good dream

- I was running out of time, since I would have to leave the next week

Eventually, the mod will be complete with a variety of ores/materials, mobs, dungeons, bosses, and maybe even custom sound effects.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. After all, this mod is only in its beta stage.

This also means there are some bugs to be found. Finding them and sharing them is also a great help for me and the mod.

Have a good night's sleep.

-tippyfoo/bob0productions

More information, download, and installation instructions on CurseForge Page: http://minecraft.cur...eep-dimensions/

If you wish to use this mod in a mod pack or use the code for private use in some way, you must have my permission. All mirrors of this mod must have permission. Any attempt to make money off of this mod is strictly prohibited.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

siggihar
  • Minecraft: siggihar

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Wow. Can't wait for the mod
unamed block: palce this block at the side of your bed and if u live u get to keep ur items death = 50% change on keeping items

also when the good realm is ready could u add an download? with that way it will be alot easier to fix all bugs do to more bug reports
Posted ImagePosted Image

squidzorm
  • Minecraft: squidy1925

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

awesome idea

i may be able to help texture

Aussieminerx

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

64x compatible textures might be an idea aswell

Exacat
    Exacat

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1354 posts
  • Minecraft: Exacat

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:09 PM

What's the difference between a comfortable bed and a non comfortable bed?

Posted Image

tippyfoo
    tippyfoo

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for the replies! I'm thinking of uploading the good dream once i fix the main bugs and add crafting recipes so that you can give feedback on bugs, textures, etc.

I'm still working on the rainbow. I made a pot of gold that projects rainbow blocks when placed, but haven't finished working on it.

As of now, the extra-comfy bed is called a luxurious bed and is blue with gold corners. I can't seem to make it so it teleports you when clicking it, but can make it so that it teleports you when you walk on it.

Also... I'm using MC Forge to make it.
Posted Image

charsmud
    charsmud

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1885 posts
  • Minecraft: Charsmud

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Any more useful information?  I mean, we get the idea, but have you planned out what you are putting in the mod in a nice, organized place?  Right now it seems just like a "Im workin on this so ya" post.
Posted Image

tippyfoo
    tippyfoo

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:30 AM

I fianally finished fixing the rainbow bugs! the rainbow is about 20 blocks high and 40 wide and is destroyed when an adjacent block is updated. The rainbow is automatically created when a pot of gold is placed (i may add rainbows as a generateable structure). Rainbows always point south. Lastly... the rainbow is rectangular (because this is minecraft and round things don't exist). I will now start making ores, items, armors, and generations for the good dream. Right now, im good with textures, but I might want some in the future. Hopefully, ill upload a prerelease next month :) !
Posted Image

The_Skeleton_killer

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

when can i download it Posted Image ? I really want to play it now Posted Image !

EDIT: can you make a banner (i hope i spell it right Posted Image) so i can use it ?

(SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)

ottoguy2
    ottoguy2

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1857 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostExacat, on 23 September 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

What's the difference between a comfortable bed and a non comfortable bed?
The comfortable bed is comfortable.
Posted Image
This picture will not do the above.

Exacat
    Exacat

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1354 posts
  • Minecraft: Exacat

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:02 PM

View Postottoguy2, on 28 September 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

The comfortable bed is comfortable.
I see.

Posted Image

The_Skeleton_killer

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

when this mod comes you can add the Somnia mod to you list of incompatibility..... it's pretty obvious why :b

If you don't know why here's

the Link: http://www.minecraft...5-somnia-sspml/

(SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)

tippyfoo
    tippyfoo

Coal Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostThe_Skeleton_killer, on 28 September 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

when can i download it Posted Image ? I really want to play it now Posted Image !

EDIT: can you make a banna (i hope i spell it right Posted Image) so i can use it ?
Not a bad idea! The banna would be a rather useful weapon, but I might not want one in this mod. Maybe ill make a banna mod though :)! Also, Im hoping to publish a prerelease for Good Night's Sleep sometime in october.

View PostThe_Skeleton_killer, on 28 September 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

when this mod comes you can add the Somnia mod to you list of incompatibility..... it's pretty obvious why :b

If you don't know why here's

the Link: http://www.minecraft...5-somnia-sspml/

Actually, if somnia is forge-compatable, it should work :)! You are teleported to the dream dimension upon walking on the luxurious bed, not clicking it. Also, the luxurious bed is its own bock. However, making it so that the real world continues to function while in the dream (like while resting in a bed in somnia) is beyond my capabilities.
Posted Image

The_Skeleton_killer

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

View Posttippyfoo, on 28 September 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Not a bad idea! The banna would be a rather useful weapon, but I might not want one in this mod. Maybe ill make a banner mod though Posted Image! Also, Im hoping to publish a prerelease for Good Night's Sleep sometime in october.

i mean that thing where you show that you soport the mod Posted Image YHEAY I CAN'T WHAIT TO OCTOBER NOW Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

EDIT: i found out what the name is it's Banner Posted Image

View Posttippyfoo, on 28 September 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Actually, if somnia is forge-compatable, it should work Posted Image! You are teleported to the dream dimension upon walking on the luxurious bed, not clicking it. Also, the luxurious bed is its own bock. However, making it so that the real world continues to function while in the dream (like while resting in a bed in somnia) is beyond my capabilities.

ok that cool Posted Image

(SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)

The_Skeleton_killer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

My Ideas

This is my ideas to what you should add to this mod Posted Image remember i'm not forseing you to add them they just ideas you don't have to add them... and maby they give you some ideas Posted Image.

i have to spilt it in too becuase i can't add more photos

i have an idea to how you can get out of your nightmare Posted Image you know in movies (and some times in real life) when a person have a nightmare then always when he/she die in the dream they wake up Posted Image so that can be how you get out of the nightmare Posted Image

and an other idea this on i'm not so sure about :-/ in empty drams asuming that you will add them then you will some times see sometihng lets say.... a big castle that you want to go to and then right before you get to it it teleports maby 50 blocks away from you and it keep doing that Posted Image and (i'm really not sure about this)  MABY the empty dream could look like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image
and never end Posted Image

(sorry for bad english Posted Image)

(SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)

The_Skeleton_killer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

My Ideas 2

this is my second page of my ideas Posted Image
I have this idea where everything glows that mean that the sun must set first (no monsters) but when it set thing glows (so you don't need the sun, a littel bit like in avatar) the trees glows, the grass glows and.... The Mushrooms glows now this brings me to my next idea:

Gaint Mushrooms (Biomes ?) this should not be normal mushrooms but what they does and what the name for them you must chose Posted Image I think it would be cool to make them glow like this:

Posted Image
(this is a real mushroom i'm not lying Posted Image)
Posted Image

(SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)

Jacodoodle

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

OMG!!! Sure this mod is easy to think of but it sounds AWESOME!!!! And plus its hard to code. Please, I want to know when your finished so I can download it!

I have an Idea! In the nightmare make it so you have a little bit of blindness. Only for some nightmares though. Also make a "Camo-Nightmare" were it looks like a dream but at about two minutes it would really look bad. Also make notch giving out cookies and cake and diamonds!

EDIT: also in the camo-nightmare the only way you can tell it is one is the sun setting
Posted Image

The_Skeleton_killer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostJacodoodle, on 29 September 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

OMG!!! Sure this mod is easy to think of but it sounds AWESOME!!!! And plus its hard to code. Please, I want to know when your finished so I can download it!

I have an Idea! In the nightmare make it so you have a little bit of blindness. Only for some nightmares though. Also make a "Camo-Nightmare" were it looks like a dream but at about two minutes it would really look bad. Also make notch giving out cookies and cake and diamonds!

EDIT: also in the camo-nightmare the only way you can tell it is one is the sun setting

that camo-nightmare sound good but i think it would be better if you not have enyways to know it Posted Image
and the blindness sound cool to

EDIT: tippyfoo one of the tags are wrong it's says 1.2.3 and i think you mean 1.3.2 :)

sorry for bad english

(SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)

anicet74
    anicet74

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1592 posts
  • Location: In a white and weird antichamber,trying to get out of it
  • Minecraft: Someone...

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

maybee the empty dreaem should be more like a superflat word,without texture (whit) and a black sky without clouds,so,really empty

Posted Image
English isn't my native language,if sometimes I'm doing errors or feeling rude because of something said incorectly,please tell me,that will help me to improve my english level

THANKS

The_Skeleton_killer

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

View Postanicet74, on 29 September 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

maybee the empty dreaem should be more like a superflat word,without texture (whit) and a black sky without clouds,so,really empty

or it could be like a superflat world,without texture (white) and a black sky without clouds,so,really empty with someting that you (almost) never could get to like a big castle that keep telepoting away

(SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)