-= STL Star Ship Command =-
About STL Star Ship Command:
- STL Star Ship Command, based on the game 'FTL Faster Than Light'. STL is a PvP team based fortress style game where you work with your teammates to keep your ship alive & defeat your enemy.
- Requires to play in SMP, for more of a challenge you can turn mobs on, but its not required.
- The Map will need to be recopied onto the server after each match due to the destructive nature of the game.
- The first side to have their Bridge command area blown up is defeated ending the game.
- You may need to repair redstone machines, wires and reinforce rooms from enemy bombardment.
- At the same time assisting your ships Regenerative Armor Plating (R.A.P)
- Or helping with targeting your enemy from the Combat Information Center (CIC).
- Or help power the weapons from the Weapons Control.
- All while you are prevailing boarding parties, while intern you may be required to prevent your enemy from repairing their own ship, steal their materials or take to them with a sword & bow. (no laser guns without mods sadly).
- But at all costs you must keep the power running through out your ship, failure to do so will be indicated by a flashing light, the faster the flash the less time you have. and when your time is up your captain & crew on the bridge, will most likely be in pieces floating in space, effectively ending the game. then you get to try again...
Images below are of the Gold & Blue ships.
View more Images here.
-= STL Star Ship Command Team-PVP Game =-
This map requires Minecraft version 1.4.5
No MOD's or texture packs are required to play this map.
For slower computers it is recommended to turn particle effects to minimum.
The rules for the game are explained in-game.
Download here: Download STL Star Ship Command.rar
Download here: Download STL Star Ship Command.zip
The current map version is: STL S.S.C_1.0
No Longer Beta:
- The map is is now finished Beta. All feedback such as bug reports, game ideas, rule changes & map changes are still appreciated.
- If you know a good space MOD with laser guns and massive beam weapons that can be pointed where the player wants, then let me know...
- Post your feedback here on the forum.
- Have fun with your friends, I hope you enjoy the Star Ship Command map.
19-10-12 STL S.S.C_1.0
- Map is now no longer in beta.
- Map updated for Minecraft version 1.4.4
- Added the anvil to the Records Hall replacing one of the libraries.
- Fixed a broken wire for the NPC’s station in CIC.
- Remodelled the wiring for CIC.
- Added a WinZip optional download.
- Updating and rechecking everything carefully for vanilla Minecraft 1.4.2 update, sad to say I have found some major oversights, causing game imbalance. So sorry about that!
- I am still testing… but wanted to put out an update. And soon change the map from beta to full release as soon as I finished testing and retesting and maybe retesting again…
- Replacing the old Star Ship Command map with the new Minecraft 1.4.2 version. The old map star ship Command .319 version will no longer be available.
- Added 2 signs in the Reactor Bay, they indicate beneath them the locations of the power couplings.
- Added two turnaround’s on the track sections between the ships, so if a mob pushes you back you won’t go all the way back to the start.
- Made some script changes to two of the command blocks in the Armory where the player is teleported for buffing or arming, now only players in adventure mode can use them, and observers or mobs won’t accidentally be able to activate them.
- Fixed one of the countdown clocks by removing 2 pistons, which gave one team an unfair advantage of about 40% more time to fix their ship.
- Fixed one of the Weapons Charge time Clock was inverted, which would have made it slower when placing NPC’s or using the command stations.
- Made some minor changes replacing the button in the Crews Quarters with a stone foot plate.
- Removed from one of the ships; strength, fire resist and slowness potions, from the medical bay teleport heal. Called… “Nano Surgery”.
- Added 2 more power failure emergency lights.
- Fixed & Changed some minor aesthetic things.
- Uploaded a bunch of new pics, you can check them out here.
- Turned off MOB griefing by default. You can change it back from the Game Rule change area beside the spawn if you wish.
- Changes who receives the XP bottles, only players in Adventure Mode will receive the bottles. (Game mode 2, [m=2]).
- Fixed a minor but serious issue where a MOB had pre-started one of the ships.
- Now when turning on your ship, you will need to pull at least one of the two levers either side of the Reactor Room to engage the power to the rest of the ship.
- Fixed trip wire hooks facing the wrong way in the Hit Probability box.
- Fixed duplicated carts around the spawn.
- Game is currently running Minecraft Snapshot 12w40b, future updates for new snapshots might be a wee ways off, as the developers are starting to fiddle with the redstone behaviors. I will just update to the next stable build after I have tested all the systems on the ships.
- Made numerous changes to the spawn point.
- Observers have a separate room from which to teleport from to get to the battle field.
- Observers & Admins will receive a special kit to help them see & to stay hidden.
- Added Command Blocks for transporting, as well as kitting out & buffing players.
- Added Game Rule changes, if you wish to change them they are located at the spawn.
- Added separate rules for Observer’s & Administrator’s.
- Added clocks to control weather, time & player game modes.
- Added a clock to give all players 5 XP bottles. (XP bottles are a trade item, or you can use them).
- Players can spend their XP in the Records Hall, for enchanting. Records Hall is behind the Reactor Bay.
- Players can spend XP at the shop. The shop is located beside the Hanger Bay. (Note unfriendly MOB eggs will not work in peaceful mode).
- Added clock to give a player located near the Captains chair a NPC Crew Egg, about every eight minutes give or take. The extra NPC crew can be used to crew stations. (Note if this is too gimpy I can extend the clock, or remove this option from the game, let me know with feedback).
- Added the ability to make some Iron Golems & one MOB Boss. (Note the Mob Boss won't spawn in peaceful mode).
- Added in plain sight some hidden items… Be sure to take advantage of them.
- Added two beacons to give your crew a bonus. (Note if you use it, you will give the enemy the same bonus in that same area).
- Added a Change Team option, located in the second story of the Crews Quarters. Observers & Admins can also use them or drop into the void, if they need to get back to the spawn, to make game rule changes or join a team.
- Added the Crew Kit located in the Crews Quarters. (Note be sure to stow your equipment, e.g. enchanted items, as getting re-kitted will remove everything in your inventory, including your armor.
- Added a lit guard over the Hit Target Probability for CIC. This is due to bats gumming up the works, they are like Mynocks… 0_o
- Changed the ENDGAME so if the Bridge is destroyed by other means, you will now receive a message that your side has won/lost the game.
- Removed the billboard like ENDGAME signs, this message is now displayed by command blocks in your text log.
__________________________<<<< S.T.L - S.S.C >>>>__________________________
Edited by FCC_Rommel, 27 November 2012 - 04:35 PM.