• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Ars Magica v5.52.014 (Updated August 2) (1.5.2)

open beta ars magica magical arts magic arts magic mod wizard spell spellcraft

• Please log in to reply
6732 replies to this topic

Skullywag

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

The rendering is a forge issue, Azanor had to fix it in the latest TC3 as well.

items like the thaumometer should render properly again (blame Forge for that one)

Register or log in to remove.

Soulaxer

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Where is the configs to be able to change mana levels lost on death and changing how spells look like in your hands?

Ghewlish
    Ghewlish

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Why won't my nexus work? It just sits there with 0% essence, and won't do anything when I try to give it stuff.

Wolfpax
    Wolfpax

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

As said on prior pages:  The config option for how many levels you lose on death does not appear until you die as a mage.  Once you do that it will be added to the config.  There is a page on the wiki that can help if you wish to set it up earlier.
Do you have a lovely bunch of coconuts?  Do you have them all standing in a row?  Are there big ones, small ones, some as big as your head?

Soulaxer

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

How do I access this config you speak of? Where is configs?? I saw a configs in .minecraft but does not show much

NeoGenMike

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

I tried to use an affinity book and my game crashed and now I cant get back onto my world because it crashes whenever I log in.
Does anyone have a fix for that or a certain configuration I need to make Affinities work properly?

JasonAvis
  • Minecraft: JasonAvis

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

View Postmugetsu357, on 17 May 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

are there any awesome seeds for this?? Posted Image
The seed does not effect tower gen I have used the same seed about 5 times and there were different towers in different places (this is based off of the previous versions not sure about the newest)
Happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone sees it but only you feel its warmth

Posted Image

Blue_Sky
    Blue_Sky

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hi, I'm having a crash whenever I try to enter my world.

The spoiler is a copy of the crash log, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put in there.

Spoiler:

Mistle
    Mistle

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Nvm, solved.

Faranae
    Faranae

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

View PostArmonino, on 17 May 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

Why when I break the tower protector inside the Treehouse tower, it turns into an illusion block? It is a fake tower protector and I have to find the real one? If that is correct, where is the real one? What do I have to do? Sorry for a lot of questions, I'm new using this mod.

Perhaps if you had a spell that allowed you to see things as they really are, you may find another way of looking at the situation...

Posted Image

Thenickmove

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

I found a potential bug (unless there's something wrong in my install). I was trying to craft an induction smelter (thermal expansion). When I have Ars magicka installed, I get this:
Posted Image

The pure essences keep blinking, as if they're also an ingredient. When I make a redstone reception coil...I get a pure essence instead.

I just deleted arsmagicka, and suddenly the receipe's look normal again. I'm thinking it might have something to do with item ID, but when I mouse-over, their numbers are different from each other, making me think it's not an id conflict. Basically it prevents me from crafting when both are installed.

Hopefully I'm just missing something superobvious ^^

This is the view I had when I had arsmagicka installed. The crafting recipe for that redstone coil is redstone and gold...yet I got pure essences from that. And this recipe kept blinking between invar ingot and pure essences. Yet when I use pure essences in the recipe it didn't work. When I deleted arsmagicka the pure essences turned into redstone coils again...

Any ideas?

Faranae
    Faranae

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

View PostThenickmove, on 18 May 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

Spoiler:

There are known ID conflicts with Thermal, I believe.

Posted Image

TheNotchyToad
  • Minecraft: DireSwift

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostDecalyn, on 18 May 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

There are known ID conflicts with Thermal, I believe.

Yeah, as stated here you just need to change IDs that conflict in one one of the mods.  There are a couple mods that have overlapping IDs with AM

Saveros
    Saveros

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:00 AM

Hey Mithion

Im sorry that i couln't send you my story (and probably won't be able to)

Why do you probably ask: because my parents decided that it would be a PERFECT time to go on vacation so...

i will send you my story when i am done (i don't expect anything from it but i might as well do it)

:(

Solusphere

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

No bugs this time, just a little feedback.

While I think the tower core/illusion combo is cool, i'm finding it really, really frustrating, primarily because i've never even seen a true sight scroll. I'm looking over the dozen or so structures i've come across critically, making sure to look at everything before touching, and it seems like almost all of them flat out require the true sight spell in order to access the core. It basically makes the tower cores not so much a puzzle as a roadblock, because the all-important true sight spell seems to be extremely rare, meaning your access to the majority of the other recipes on a given map is very limited unless you get very lucky. If you're going to implement this mechanic, can I suggest you add some garuanteed method of aqcuiring the true sight spell, even if it takes a bit of work for the player to accomplish?

Faranae
    Faranae

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostSolusphere, on 18 May 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

If you're going to implement this mechanic, can I suggest you add some garuanteed method of aqcuiring the true sight spell, even if it takes a bit of work for the player to accomplish?

While it may not be guaranteed, have you considered using a spell research table to attempt to get the recipe for true sight? I believe it's arcane-aligned.

Posted Image

xBeemlord

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

So I'm having an issue where some of my spells just don't work. Electrecute, Arctic Wind, and Clairvoyance consume mana but dont actually do anything. I'm playing with Railcraft, Thaumcraft 3, Forestry, and Thaumic Bees.

Solusphere

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

View PostDecalyn, on 18 May 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

While it may not be guaranteed, have you considered using a spell research table to attempt to get the recipe for true sight? I believe it's arcane-aligned.

Oh, no, I wasn't aware it was possible to get spells without finding them in towers. I'll have to look into this. In that case, I retract my objection to the true sight requirement, as apparently I should just be getting my research into gear. Thanks for the info!

Beutimus
    Beutimus

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

We installed the latest version on our 1.5.2 minecraft server, and we haven't been able to get any towers to spawn at all.

I tested on a single player map, and I could get a lot of towers to spawn (I set the gridsize really small).

On the multiplayer server, we tried resetting the world. We tried shrinking grid sizes.  We even tried deleting the world and starting afresh. We tried deleting all the worldgen lines from the server's config files.  Still, no mage towers would spawn in.

Anyone else had a problem with multiplayer servers and ars magica structure generation?

Pastbin link to our Forge Mod Loader log: http://pastebin.com/9xh3FcAA

Soulaxer

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

I was able to go into the configs file and figure out how to change mana levels lost to 1. I also found the line about using special textures for the spells. It was already true. So how do I make it so in first person I can see the spell, not the scroll?