• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Ars Magica v5.52.014 (Updated August 2) (1.5.2)

open beta ars magica magical arts magic arts magic mod wizard spell spellcraft

• Please log in to reply
6732 replies to this topic

Kereminde

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

Another benefit of towers? Creepers don't fly to mess up your Nexus.

Register or log in to remove.

liquidsonic

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

There seems to be issues with damage between this Mod and Balkons Weapon mods. Basicly useing any weapon apart from swords allows what appears to be "full" damage to a mob from this mod.

if there is some method of changing or adding the weapons to the damage reduction or something to a file? Help would be appreciated.

I actually have no idea how to tweak things like weapon damage or something.

MysticAura
  • Minecraft: MysticAura

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Postreyak, on 04 February 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

Thanx for the 6block tip, I will try that. I'm not using TFB, I'm using MMC, but I do have REI. I turned it off a while ago as all the red was making me paranoid. I never thought turning OFF features in Optifine would help. I'll try. And again, I feel like a dope. I never downloaded Mo's Creatures for the simple reason that I thought it said MO(re) Creatures. lol. I need new glasses.

Thanx for the help!

Mo'Creatures does add more creatures, but it's more creature types, not more of each individual creature (unless you set it that way). The problem I've had with Mo'Creatures and this mod is that I suddenly had almost none of the mobs from Ars showing up at all.  I'm testing out the mod 'mob spawn controls' now, in order to get everything spawning again properly. It really is a good mod for this type of situation, however it takes a bunch of fine tuning and time if you also have a ton of biomes.  However, now I have everything spawning again as it should.

I'm way too stubborn to give up Ars, it adds too many really great things.. so instead I spend days trying to get everything happy together.  On that note, I actually found an Ars blacksmith type building in the middle of a millenaire village, they were happily building their town around it, I guess they wanted a blacksmith.

Always use spoilers when posting error logs.

[spoiler] error log [/spoiler]

Posted Image

For easy mod installation and Forge/MC updates, use MultiMC

Chromethous

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

If I have a mod that changes World Generation would that affect structures generation?

Draek_y_H0n0r

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

I have a problem with the wikia (arsmagica wikia). I wanted to add some information to it, like the essence values of some basic materials, so I gave it a try at tested if i could edit without registering, and I can. However, since I preferred  to register, I registered, and now the wikia doesnt let me edit unless i logout. I mean, whenever I try to edit a page it tells me my email group (hotmail) is full of wiki griefers, and i gotta confirm my account in order to edit the wikia, but I have confirmed my account many times and I still get the messange telling me I have to confirm my email, so:
TLDR: since I cant edit while registered, I'm gonna add data as an unregistered user.

Derp, problem fixed somehow, sorry for the mess.

Lightning3105
  • Minecraft: lightning3105

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

This reminds me of Thaumcraft 2... Only better!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Need a mod-pack with 300+ mods? click the achievement!

Torien
    Torien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Okay, so I did some looking around on a creative world to find vinteum, it looks like it spawns around block level 40. the largest vein I had was 3 ore and there was not much around at all. Frankly I'm a little irritated that such a vital component to the mod is so annoying to get hold of. I thought the average spawn was 6, not 2...
Posted Image

druha
    druha

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Minecraft: druha

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostKereminde, on 04 February 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

Spell parchments aren't consumed either, or Saplings . . . there are multiple items which are not consumed by a Nexus, where before they would be consumed for 0 or 1 Raw Essence. Personally I like the fact they're not consumed better.

I don't know. I'd like to have everything be consumable. And maybe have a spot in the config file to add item IDs from other mods.

On another note we just got this error:
Spoiler:

It happened when one of the players on the server tried to use a Caster block for the very first time on the entire server, He was trying to use it with the Flight spell. It did not crash the server, however it did crash every single client connected to the server at the time. We have been able to reproduce this multiple times.

Quetzhal
    Quetzhal

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Postdruha, on 05 February 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

Spoiler:

It happened when one of the players on the server tried to use a Caster block for the very first time on the entire server, He was trying to use it with the Flight spell. It did not crash the server, however it did crash every single client connected to the server at the time. We have been able to reproduce this multiple times.

This sounds similar to what I reported a few pages back. If it's the same thing, a temporary fix would be to clear the area in front of the caster so that the projectile does not hit anything (including half-blocks and things like torches, but not snow). The client won't crash if the projectile is allowed to fizzle out instead of hitting a block. Not a very pretty fix, but still.

ZeekDaGeek

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

When I attempt to use Ars Magica in combination with MystCraft I have a few issues. It appears Ars Magica has no failure state in terms of how many times it tries to generate structures, in the event that you get a Cave World in MystCraft it can't find a place to put a tower or dungeon and tries over and over moving out thousands of blocks before the game just gives up and the internal server crashes. Can you add a failure state so we can have Cave Worlds?

OldFafnir

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostZeekDaGeek, on 05 February 2013 - 06:44 AM, said:

Spoiler:

Strange, I've run Ars and Mystcraft together from day one and never had that problem. Did you check the Mystcraft thread? There's some mod that causes trouble with skylands and caveworlds, can't remember which the name though.

Qwertygiy
    Qwertygiy

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1692 posts
  • Minecraft: Qwertygiy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostOldFafnir, on 05 February 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Strange, I've run Ars and Mystcraft together from day one and never had that problem. Did you check the Mystcraft thread? There's some mod that causes trouble with skylands and caveworlds, can't remember which the name though.

RedPower 2. Marble generation from RP2 World, in particular.
Upcoming TC4 Additional Aspects Addon -- give mod blocks aspect values! Want to help? Click and read!
KBI Enriched Gravel Mod -- sift out nuggets and chunks and make gravel useful! (Outdated)
Tinker's Construct Recovery Addon -- get back some of your half-used tool materials! (Outdated)

Torien
    Torien

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Okay I am at a loss here, the wiki says "medium" veins of up to six, for me that isn't a medium vein. Diamond is found in veins up to 8 and Vinteum is used in a ton of the magica recipes...

I wish that one ore gave you one vinteum crystal and then a crystal gave you 2 or 3 dust to be honest... or at least I wish there was a way to transmute other materials into vinteum. It just sounds irritating to find at the moment...
Posted Image

whizard_dragon
  • Minecraft: whizard_dragon

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostTorien, on 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Mithion has said he lowered the rarity of vinteum in the next version. This version it is a bit hard to find a vein of more than two, but just wait till the next version.

Posted Image

TheCoryGuy
  • Minecraft: thecoryguy

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Here's a bug for ya:

After changing the Random Spell Recipe option in the Ars Magica.cfg to FALSE, this pops up, and completely locks the server.

This error code repeats nearly 4 times a second:

2013-02-05 15:56:22 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Duplicate Spell Recipes Generated on Arcane Bolt and Arcane Bolt (Tower Guardian Version)

This also slightly corrupts the original files, throwing up arguments with the Talons of the Wind spell.

Don't know if this has been discussed before. Just letting you know!!!
~theCoryGuy - aspiring film maker and producer

Corthox
    Corthox

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Minecraft: andaren

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

When i set the config for my server to loose 0 levels of mana on death (Running an arena world) But i still loose 1 level EVERY TIME
Gimmy A Click
Posted Image        Posted Image

Mithion
    Mithion

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 940 posts
  • Minecraft: Mithion

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

That's because there is a minimum of one level lost per death.  You can't set it any lower.

Posted Image

MysticAura
  • Minecraft: MysticAura

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostTheCoryGuy, on 05 February 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Here's a bug for ya:

After changing the Random Spell Recipe option in the Ars Magica.cfg to FALSE, this pops up, and completely locks the server.

This error code repeats nearly 4 times a second:

This also slightly corrupts the original files, throwing up arguments with the Talons of the Wind spell.

Don't know if this has been discussed before. Just letting you know!!!

Discussed, taken note of, and possibly fixed in the next update. At least, that's my attempt to summarize all I've read about it in the thread so far.

Edited for afterthought:

I'm wondering if buildings being suspended by grass, is going to be addressed in the next update? I know it's a small thing and your plate is rather full, but I hope it makes its way onto the list  Until then, I'll just run around with stacks of dirt and fix them.

Always use spoilers when posting error logs.

[spoiler] error log [/spoiler]

Posted Image

For easy mod installation and Forge/MC updates, use MultiMC

Eyrion
    Eyrion

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Minecraft: Eyrion (Soon)

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostChromethous, on 04 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

If I have a mod that changes World Generation would that affect structures generation?

Yes. Ars Magica should be compatible with the terrain generation. However, a few possible outcomes of using it could be:

-No structures spawning at all
-Structures spawning in the wrong place, such as completely inside a mountain
-If the mod adds new biomes, (Excluding ExtraBiomesXL) no mobs, ores, or anything based off of Ars Magica will spawn in that new biome.

Other than those few, it should work.

This is an image. Images need to be either looked at or poked. I'd recommend poking it.Posted Image

Marioface5

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

No news on when the update is going to be? You said you have the issue fixed, and we're kind of waiting on it to be able to start playing the game.

EDIT: Also, I'm sorry if I'm seeming impatient or anything, I understand that a lot of work is going into all of this. But with my limited understanding of how updating a mod works, as far as I know it'd be possible to release a hotfix that has the fix in it before the rest of the update is finished. If that's not possible, or would be too troublesome to be worth doing, then I understand and am sorry if I've been a bother. At the very least, could we please get some idea as to when the update will be?