• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Ars Magica v5.52.014 (Updated August 2) (1.5.2)

open beta ars magica magical arts magic arts magic mod wizard spell spellcraft

• Please log in to reply
6732 replies to this topic

ferrettomato
  • Minecraft: ferrettomato
  • Xbox:NumbCook Kirby

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I've noticed two name errors so far, and I think they should be fixed. The first is that in the description of Fire Burst, it says "Emit a blast for fire in all directions". The for should be of. The second is that Clairvoyance is called Clarivoyance.
A volcano could be coming your way!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

For those of you having trouble with spoilers, it's:
[spoiler]Your text here[/spoiler]

In general, all bbcode is this thing: [  then the thing you want to use, such as spoiler, then ] which is then followed by the text you want affected. Then close it with [ and / and another ] to end it. So bolding text is: [ and b and ], then the text to bold, then closed by [ and / and b and ]. And there you go.
Posted Image

Epixpivotmaster
  • Minecraft: epixpivotmaster

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Everything was fine in my private modpack. Then I wnt on the ArsMagica's configs  and changed "Random Spells Recipes" to false.
Now everytime I log my world, I can't open any GUI on it and only the chunk I'm on loads. The rest of the world never appears and I can't die or use any item. Then I try to save and quit of my world and it stucks on "Shutting down internal server".

This is the ForgeModLoader-client-0.log:
http://www.mediafire...aq9a6c9nl24jqt2
(pastebin wouldn't let me upload this, too long!)

But basically it's

2013-01-15 16:39:43 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Duplicate Spell Recipes Generated on Arcane Bolt and Arcane Bolt (Tower Guardian Version)

Like a million times.

WHAT am I supposed to do to resolve this error?

dimion
    dimion

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostEpixpivotmaster, on 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Everything was fine in my private modpack. Then I wnt on the ArsMagica's configs  and changed "Random Spells Recipes" to false.

That's the reason for your crash. Currently, Ars Magica only works with random spell recipes.
Posted Image

Mithion
    Mithion

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 947 posts
  • Minecraft: Mithion

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostExterminatore, on 15 January 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Spoiler:

These are some EXCELLENT suggestions.

In particular:

General:
  • Spell Conversion Block - with a little tweaking, this is a fantastic idea. Well, it's already fantastic, but I'ma change it anyway.
  • Essence Potions & Essence Armor - not really where I am going with this.  I may have another use for essence armor though.  I like affinities the way they are, and how much of a choice it is to switch them (as opposed to just having multiple sets of armor), but I may make them do something else if I add it.
Spells:
  • Army of the Dead - this has been requested numerous times, and while I will not be adding it, the next update will allow a variant of this effect to be achieved.
  • Entomb - cool.  Not sure how laggy it might get with that many spawn packets (as each falling block is: block update packet (remove existing), spawn packet (for the falling entity), block update (on land))
  • Repel - I like it, though it will need to be balanced quite a bit
  • Green Thumb - already exists in the next update
  • Drought - an interesting idea
  • Divinty - already achievable through various means
  • Wall of Fire - Yes.
  • Magma Ball - already exists in next update
  • Arcane Beam - again, yes.
  • Black Hole - exists, Telekinesis and Vortex
  • Dowse - not something I would add, seems a little OP.  Besides, it's already not too hard to find ores.
  • Frozen Earth - very unique!  I like it.  I'll probably add an equivalent called Molten Earth as well, because magma needs some spells...
Changes:
  • Accelerate changes:  waaaaayyyyy too OP.
  • Caster orientation:  Sure.
  • Earth Up/Down as projectile - they'll remain the way they are, caster elevators are something to work towards though.
  • Talons of the Wind doesn't need KB, there's already plenty of KB in wind - it's meant to be a spammable little damage spell.
  • Minecart caster == awesome idea.  Definitely doing this.
Misc:
  • Flower pots don't have the ability to extend what is allowed in them (though I haven't updated forge to 1.4.7 yet, so that may have been added).  This would be possible with base edits of course, but I don't want to make them.
  • Growth and Furnace touch do have PFX (though small), Dig I changed in a different way to look cooler.
  • Insect Swarm does need a new texture
  • Fire Elemental, Dryad, Earth Golem will stay the way they are - it's a nice look back at how far this mod has come.  The earth elemental was the first new entity I ever made!

View PostEpixpivotmaster, on 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

Spoiler:

Set random spell recipes to true for the time being - I will have this fixed in the next update.

Posted Image

raabu
    raabu

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Speaking of suggestions, please give us config options to disable your mobs. Travelling a kilometer to find wool or dyes only for a Dark Wizard to kill you and burn your house down on the way back is extremely frustrating and ruins what would be an otherwise good mod.

FrenchKafka

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Another suggestion would be to up the brightness on the symbols on the runes, or to at least give their ghosts a tooltip. As it stands, making a spell requires me to squint at the screen if I want to tell what color the runes are supposed to be.

Posted Image

djchrisblue

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostExterminatore, on 15 January 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Allow Blue Orchid/Desert Nova to be placed in a flower pot. Currently they are the only non crop plants that wont go in a flower pot.
There's actually a mod that does this already you might be interested in:

http://www.minecraft...-flower-pot-v12

peace

Exterminatore

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostMithion, on 15 January 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

Black Hole - exists, Telekinesis and Vortex
    Yes, those spells do pull items and mobs to the castor, but I was thinking they could be pulled into a stationary gravity well that disappears after a amount of time. Maybe it could be triggered like a runic trap?

Accelerate changes:  waaaaayyyyy too OP.
      I was thinking that it could provide maybe just a minor speed boost, so I could have a castor setup that increases efficiency. Maybe the same could be done with plant growth, as now it just acts like a rather insane, mildly op aoe growth spell.

Talons of the Wind doesn't need KB, there's already plenty of KB in wind - it's meant to be a spammable little damage spell.
        There’s knock-up in gust and breath of the open sky, but as far as I know there’s no wind spell with knockback. Maybe the knock-up is a bug?

Thank you for replying by the way, I'm glad you like some of my ideas and I love how active you are within your mods community.

ReaperT
          ReaperT

Redstone Miner

• Members
        • 684 posts
        • Minecraft: ReaperT

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

View Postferrettomato, on 15 January 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

The second is that Clairvoyance is called Clarivoyance.
        Actually clairvoyance is the proper spelling.

@Mithion Love the mod. You've done some amazing work. Definitely going to keep playing with it.
        Posted Image

Decaedo
          Decaedo

Iron Miner

• Members
        • 259 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

View Postferrettomato, on 15 January 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

That's happened to me before. Have you tried revisiting one of the newly created worlds that crashed? Revisiting it worked for me.

EDIT: Dangit. I tried to fix the spoiler. How do you add spoilers!?

Thanks that worked :D

Fuzzzie
          Fuzzzie

Gold Miner

• Members
        • 432 posts
        • Minecraft: fuzzzie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Can someone describe the supposed incompatibility with optifine? Does anyone have it working with Optifine?

FUZZZIE'S MINECRAFT MOD LIST & NEWS THREAD

Check it out here!

OldFafnir

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostFuzzzie, on 15 January 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Can someone describe the supposed incompatibility with optifine? Does anyone have it working with Optifine?

I run ars and optifine together since a few days and have not experienced any problems.

View Postraabu, on 15 January 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Speaking of suggestions, please give us config options to disable your mobs.

the mob spawn controls mod includes the mages in its mob list. I didn't test it yet, though, but that suggests you can turn them off with that mod, either globally or biome-specific.

Fuzzzie
          Fuzzzie

Gold Miner

• Members
        • 432 posts
        • Minecraft: fuzzzie

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostOldFafnir, on 15 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

I run ars and optifine together since a few days and have not experienced any problems.

Alright, I'll give it a a try. Thanks.

FUZZZIE'S MINECRAFT MOD LIST & NEWS THREAD

Check it out here!

Mindmenace3

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostFrenchKafka, on 15 January 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

I do have some questions regarding World Gen'd stuff.

Right now, the way that the various structures work is that the blocks are added, but no other blocks are cleared out. or filled in. The result is that the basement levels of some of them are completely filled in, which, while an interesting idea and a niceway to make it a bit archaeological, is a bit grating considering that the ladders survive. Or, with practically any structure that spawns in the forest, trees have grown up inside them, with snow on the floor, etc. Also, the towers made of enderstone... what are they for? I've encountered half a dozen of them and all of them are empty on the inside with nothing on the top.

The trees and filled in parts are purposely used to signify abandonment; the enderstone towers are mainly for show.

Mithion
          Mithion

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
        • Curse Premium
        • 947 posts
        • Minecraft: Mithion

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostExterminatore, on 15 January 2013 - 09:42 PM, said:

Spoiler:

The next update will bring some pretty cool things to the table, so that might be worth checking out.  You won't have this exactly, but with a little know how you could pull off something somewhat close.

Spoiler:

Accelerate has already been nerfed somewhat in the next patch.  It does more than growth, as it makes all blocks tick faster, but making it tick tile entities is simply far too OP and just isn't happening.

Spoiler:

Most attack spells do knockback as it is - plus there's also shockwave that has knockback.  I think the ability to keep an enemy away, chained, while doing damage might be a bit much.

View PostFuzzzie, on 15 January 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Optifine occasionally will give the "Already Tessellating!" error with Ars Magica.  Not sure what specifically causes it.

Posted Image

ChibiCD
          ChibiCD

Tree Puncher

• Members
        • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostMindmenace3, on 16 January 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

The trees and filled in parts are purposely used to signify abandonment; the enderstone towers are mainly for show.

The enderstone towers also like to float on top of grass blocks. All the buildings for that matter like to spawn half way into villages and their buildings, or even other ars magica structures.

Maeldrath

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

Is the Google Doc bug reporting still a good way to send in bugs? I just want to make sure they get through.

skinny_jigsaw

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

So is there a way to make the chalk on the ground not lagg because whenever i place it it destroys my game
        Posted Image

djchrisblue

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

I have a question: when I updated the server to 1.4.7 all of the Ars Magica blocks disappeared. All players are level 0. I'm assuming this has something to do with the config file, but I don't know how to stop it from happeneing. I kept the same ArsMagica.cfg file. What am I overlooking?

peace