Latest News Article

Map won't show up in map list?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

blupenguin71
  • Minecraft: blupenguin71
  • Xbox:blupenguin71

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Hi everyone. I recently found an old map of mine that I had worked a lot on. Unfortunately, when I put it in the saves list in my .minecraft folder, it doesn't show up in my Minecraft game. It is an older map, and I'm afraid it may not have all the new file-types that maps have. But there must be some way to convert it so I can still play it, right?

I'll add a download link here for examining (it's a .rar filetype, so you'll need WinRar or something else:

http://www.mediafire...8416g5luh8hvxno

Please, if anyone can help me salvage this map I would greatly appreciate it.

Register or log in to remove.

opiop65
    opiop65

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Minecraft: thunderfist123

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Is the saves folder named saves? It has to be named exactly that. And do you have all the files in the folder? It should look something like this:
Posted Image
All sorts of great youtube videos
http://www.youtube.c...r/pancakesimone

slango20
    slango20

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:32 AM

I think you might be using an alpha format map, downgrade to 1.8.1 and upconvert to region, then reload 1.3.1, then load the map

View Postfm87, on 25 August 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

pcpartpicker.com/p/2kUq0
the average script-follower/lack of common sense: www.techtales.com/tftechs.php?m=200504#8418

blupenguin71

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

View Postslango20, on 18 September 2012 - 12:32 AM, said:

I think you might be using an alpha format map, downgrade to 1.8.1 and upconvert to region, then reload 1.3.1, then load the map

==
Yes, I think you are correct. And no, opiop65, it doesn't look like that, I compared it to my other maps and discovered that it was probably missing things. I will downgrade, convert, then post the results here.

blupenguin71

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:52 PM

View Postblupenguin71, on 23 September 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

==
Yes, I think you are correct. And no, opiop65, it doesn't look like that, I compared it to my other maps and discovered that it was probably missing things. I will downgrade, convert, then post the results here.

==
Didn't work. I downgraded to 1.8.1 Beta and it still wouldn't show up. I made the map in Beta, so I'm confused as to what happened to it.