Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

A Java Exception has occurred

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

huioliver345
  • Minecraft: huioliver345

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

I have not installed any mods on Minecraft yet but now I want to. When I try to open the Minecraft.jar file it comes up with a error message saying "A Java Exception has occurred", Any help?

Register or log in to remove.

mesmashh
    mesmashh

Mashertaters

• Sectional Moderator
  • 412 posts
  • Minecraft: mesmashh

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

You need to download a program such as 7zip what i use. then you need to right click on your minecraft.jar file open with, browse for program, look for 7zip file manager. use that program to open your minecraft.jar. It will either be in your program files or program files (x86) depending what you download.

huioliver345
  • Minecraft: huioliver345

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

I have opened it before with 'Java™ Platform SE binary', but now it has decided not to work, I have done nothing to Java or the Minecraft.jar

Tedster
    Tedster

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4591 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

View Posthuioliver345, on 17 September 2012 - 09:41 AM, said:

I have opened it before with 'Java™ Platform SE binary', but now it has decided not to work, I have done nothing to Java or the Minecraft.jar
Where is this Minecraft.jar?
Supposedly, you're trying to open the core jarfile.
Try using the Launcher.
I used to be a Support Guru, but then ran out of time. I have more time now, but I'll only make the occasional helpful post.

fhamersley

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

The same kinda thing is happening to me. I need to add some stuff to the .jar for a mod but it comes up with "Java Exception has occurred". Any ideas?

winterghost

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

View Postfhamersley, on 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

The same kinda thing is happening to me. I need to add some stuff to the .jar for a mod but it comes up with "Java Exception has occurred". Any ideas?

Use 7-zip to open it instead of java runtime.

craftmine467

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Me too, i just hate it,

Foreign_Odyssey
  • Minecraft: ForeignOdyssey

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

A suggestion would be to use MagicLauncher to install your mods, but for certain ones you will need to open your minecraft.jar, if this is the case, I have no suggestions other then 7zip. I hope this was helpfull :)
-ForeignOdyssey/Boom-headshot!/(Formerly)kingmeadow&rookiemistake
   -Owner: rapidfireGamingGroups[TeamDig]

fang24
    fang24

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Minecraft: fang24

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:27 AM

It is happening to me as well and nothing I do will fix it. No mods no texture packs no worlds nothing it is a completly untouched new one but I still get that error. And it is really starting to make me really mad. What did they do to minecraft to make it do this?
[center][url="http://www.minecraft...ade-commander/"][img]http://i.imgur.com/gcyuM.png[/img][/url][/center]

crepic
    crepic

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Well, first right click on the thing you want to open, then hover over open with and open it with winrar. Hope this helps!Posted Image Posted Image  

DiamondPantsFinder
  • Minecraft: epicpantsryummy
  • Xbox:Archemedian2013

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

View Postwinterghost, on 03 December 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Use 7-zip to open it instead of java runtime.
so what ur saying is(this happened to me too) that u download 7zip and use it in ur little chose default programs and select that and run it?(oh and if that is what u do ive tried and for some reason i download it and when i choose which programs to run it from it doesnt say 7 zip any  help here?

"95% of teens would scream if Justin Beiber was about to jump of the top of the Empire State Building. If you are in the 5% that would grab a seat and some popcorn and yell JUMP! JUMP! JUMP! post this into your sig" This implies that 95% of teenagers are girls?

Posted Image

PhantomsCore
  • Minecraft: PhantomsCore
  • Xbox:PhantomsCore

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

You can't open a jar file with Java Runtime Environment, that tries to run the file. You have to use 7-zip or Winrar. It has always been this way.
Posted Image

TheMrAGames

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Hi Guys!
    Same thing happened with me, but I found out how to fix it. For me all I had to do was go into my modded jar and go into META-INF. Once there, delete everything except Manifest.mf. Hope this helps!

TheAGames