• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

jfran
    jfran

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Hey there, This year for school I need to so a science fair project.  I was think about doing the usual "reduce energy consumption" or whatever type projects but then I came across a forum posting about the educational perks of minecraft and how it literally is being used in schools to teach lessons.  But, in my outline for the project, it says I should ask myself a cause-and-effect question.  My idea was to give Younger students 60 seconds to answer 30 math questions, then Teach them about minecraft make buildings then see how they do after playing minecraft.  Any ideas on anything else I could do? I would like to implement the other perks of using minecraft like creativity and the engagement of students towards the game rather than a whiteboard and marker.

Register or log in to remove.

PyroOfZen
  • Minecraft: PyroOfZen

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:22 AM

I dno exactly what this is about, but this might have something to do with it. I've found that since I started playing minecraft, I've become more skilled in multiplying and dividing by 8, which I've always had trouble with in the past (and I'm pretty good at math). If that's the sort of thing you mean by "teach them about minecraft and then see how they do after playing"

Follow me @PyroOfZen or on Facebook!