• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Random Frame Drop Problem HELP PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

GeneroEdits

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

Superduper framedrop at random? ok im mining and i found 2 diamond veins and then the frame drops from 60 or whatever to 2.. and it dosent stop! i have what id like to call a super computer do i have to spit out the specs to find out the problem?

PLEASE HELP what is the reason for theese random framedrops. it seem to happen when i get to a certain part of my mine but i found 2 damn veins of diamond i cant mine them cause of the fucking fps and i cant find my way back lol im fucked in every way in the kamasutra book.
Posted Image

Once, after dinner, Cus and I were having coffee and he asked me, “What are the two qualities you need to be a great fighter?” I’m thinking –strength, power, speed, heart — when he answered his own question, “Desire and discipline.” - Cus D'amato And Leslie Parke in 1982

Register or log in to remove.

GeneroEdits

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

i will upload screenshots real soon

Here are my specs :
MotherBoard Crosshair IV Formula
Graph Card : HD Gigabyte Raedon 6850
Processor: AMD Phenom 2 - 3.2ghz multicore x6
and a 550W Power Supply
Posted Image

Once, after dinner, Cus and I were having coffee and he asked me, “What are the two qualities you need to be a great fighter?” I’m thinking –strength, power, speed, heart — when he answered his own question, “Desire and discipline.” - Cus D'amato And Leslie Parke in 1982

GeneroEdits

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

SpazzingZombies

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

I had this aswell, except it went so low it crashed minecraft! :Skeleton:

TehGritz
    TehGritz

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1967 posts
  • Minecraft: TehGritz

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

12 FPS is what i get normally ._.
Anyways, I don't know what could be the problem,
that isn't such a bad framerate, Unless your used to the 100-ish I saw in the other screenshot. . .

GeneroEdits

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

anyone that can post a reply on how to fixing it lol.
Posted Image

Steve_59
    Steve_59

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:45 AM

It looks like the FPS drop off when chunks are updating.
This usually indicates a hard disk bottle neck.
You could try adding the %appdata%.minecraft folder to your virus scanner exclude list.
This will stop the chunk files getting scanned.
It maybe worth running performance monitor at the same time as minecraft as well, this will give you an indication of which component is causing the issue.

GeneroEdits

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

Steve_59 said:

It looks like the FPS drop off when chunks are updating.
This usually indicates a hard disk bottle neck.
You could try adding the %appdata%.minecraft folder to your virus scanner exclude list.
This will stop the chunk files getting scanned.
It maybe worth running performance monitor at the same time as minecraft as well, this will give you an indication of which component is causing the issue.

Yeah well i never EVER get lagg when chunks are updating only at this certain part of my mine, i walk back i have bout 120 chunks being updated im still running at 50fps. never as low as 2fps.

i got comodo anyidea on how to adding it on my exclude list?
Posted Image

Steve_59
    Steve_59

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:23 PM

It sounds like a chunk error then.
Not really much you can do about that.
You could try to edit it with mcedit to fix the problem.
Probably best though to avoid the area, diamonds are everywhere.