• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4] The Seasons Mod - v1.15.1 - New Translations, Fewer Bugs, Seasons 2 Recruiting

1.6.4 ssp/smp nandonalt weatherpony seasons forge wpml

• Please log in to reply
1734 replies to this topic

Poll: Topic Title (235 member(s) have cast votes)

What should I put after the version in the topic's title? ( [MC version] The Seasons Mod - <version number> - <what should this be?> )

1. Details of what's changed/improtant (153 votes [65.11%])

Percentage of vote: 65.11%

2. Last update time (80 votes [34.04%])

Percentage of vote: 34.04%

3. something else (please tell me what in the comments) (2 votes [0.85%])

Percentage of vote: 0.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

The_WeatherPony
  • Minecraft: davfrs

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

POPULAR

Welcome to the homepage of
The Seasons Mod

Posted Image

*Images displayed in thread are by Nandonalt

If you are wanting to apply to join the Seasons II team, please go to this thread.
The "application" is merely a test of skill, and is not intended to inhibit or discourage applicants.

Webpage Contents

Basic Information
Seasonal Information
SMP Server Suport
Items
Achievements
Command
Recent Changes
Terms and Conditions, Downloads
Donations
Frequently Asked Questions
Assets, Resource Pack Support, Languages
Banners
Credits/Words of Thanks
Parallel Projects
bottom of post

Countdown to Zero (base-edits)
Fully-replaced classes:                 18/18
Distributed [edited] base classes: 18/18
Total edited base classes:            18/18
Bytecode injected edits:                0
* This count was started at v1.15.1 (for 1.6.4), which had 18 base-edits

---------------------------------------------Mod Reviews---------------------------------------------

iPodmail's review for 1.6.0_4
>Link lost, due to unstoppable post tag-reformatting.<

TheFFFUUUguy's review for v2.1.1_1, in Spanish
Spoiler:

minecraftbros21's review for v1.10
Spoiler:

More reviews will be added as post is cleaned.

Basic Information
The Seasons Mod adds the four traditional seasons to Minecraft.
The Seasons Mod is SMP-based, and all clients connected to a server running the mod will experience the same season.
By default, the seasons each last seven Minecraft days, but their durations can be changed per- world/dimension.
When creating a new world, or loading a world that hadn't been loaded with this mod previously, the world will start somewhere in a random season.
By default, an overlay will appear when transitioning normally from one season to another, but this can be disabled by the server (both for SSP and SMP).

It is commonly believed that users must restart the game when switching between SSP and SMP, but that is a misconception.

The Seasons
The Seasons Mod adds the traditional four seasons. Most of the following is configurable.
Spring | Summer | Autumn/Fall | Winter

Spring

Posted Image

Grasses, flowers, and saplings grow on grass blocks affected by direct sunlight. Plants added by other mods can be added to the list of things grown. The world is slightly cooler than usual.

Summer

Posted Image

All rains will be thunderstorms, and some frozen biomes will have rain (thunderstorms) instead of snow, as the world is warmer than normal. Summer rain will destroy many of the plants generated from Spring. Wheat will grow about 50% faster than in any other season, as if absorbing all the heat. When in a hot biome and exposed to the sun, players get hurt every so often from dehydration and burns, but this can be minimized by wearing light armors and being wet. Players see the world with a red tint after receiving this damage.
(Dehydration/burns and faster crop growth are currently disabled, pending the port to Minecraft 1.7)

Autumn/Fall

Posted Image

The world changes colors to browns and oranges, as the plants get ready for the winter. Crops sometimes drop more produce.
(Crop bonuses are currently disabled, pending the port to Minecraft 1.7)

Winter

Posted Image

When it rains, it snows (except in the warmest of biomes). In already cold biomes such as Tundras, Taigas, and Ice Deserts, the temperature drops even further, causing frostbite if not protected. Being wet quickens the damage, as the water freezes (hypothermia). Players see the world with a blue tint and are slowed after receiving this damage, but both lessen over time.
(Frostbite/hypothermia is currently disabled, pending the port to Minecraft 1.7)

SMP Server Support

The Seasons Mod supports SMP usage in both integrated and dedicated form.
The Seasons Mod can be run on Forge servers, but currently can not be used on Forge-Bukkit hybrid servers such as BukkitForge and MCPC+. Support for these hybrids is planned.
The Seasons Mod adds a command for quick server maintenance. Details about this command can be found below.

Items

The Seasons Mod adds a few new items to the game

Season Watch:
Posted Image
Right-Clicking while holding this will tell the player the Season, current Season day, and days left in the Season.

Thermometer:
Posted Image
Right-Clicking while holding this will tell you the current biome and temperature in '%' for where you are standing.
Please note that temperature is not affected by ice, lava, etc. and each X,Y,Z can have its own temperature.

There are some hidden items as well, but they are found, rather than crafted. These items are powerful, but they are very, very rare, so most players will never find them.

Achievements

The Seasons Mod adds several new achievements. These achievements are all found on their own achievement page in the achievement menu. There are usually six achievements, but there might be a few more that have been hidden.
All of the achievements are added for fun.

The Command

The Seasons Mod adds a command for basic activities. The command cannot be disabled or controlled, but the sub-commands can be limited for server usage. The sub-commands are as follow...
Spoiler:

Recent Changes

+ = added/major change
* = bug fix/minor change
- = removed
x= known bug introduced
"Removed unreferenced code" has become somewhat like "Removed Herobrine." I usually do remove unreferenced code, though.

v1.15.1 - "Overshadowed"
+ Removed critical bug that crashed game on startup (Cause is still unknown)
+ Added Arabic, Dutch, German, Japanese, and Spanish translations
* Fixed some bugs with language support
* Fixed roughly 100 miscellaneous other bugs from v1.15
* Added unfinished (and unused) bytecode manipulation helper utilities
- Removed lots of unreferenced code
- Removed unneeded duplicate code

v1.15 - "Sunny Day"
+ Added time-of-year dependency to star movement
+ Extracted most strings for language localizations (language support)
+ Made repository for assets (images and language files) - here
* Re-fixed Seasons Watch texture (Thank you for pointing it out, Kmcpeek7)
x Broke right-click for Seasons Watch and Thermometers on dedicated servers
x Game usually won't start (after getting to main menu)

v1.14 - "Starlight"
+ Re-established some support for use with Optifine
* Additional changes to distribution format
* Minor internal changes
- Removed unreferenced code

v1.13.2 - "Moonlit Field" (not released)
+ Upgraded to use newer version of WPML
* Made changes to distribution format

v1.13.1 - "Goodnight" (not released)
+ Ported to use newer build of Forge

v1.13 -"Come At Last"
+ Frosts and burns allow armors other than leather to be used in the code. Config pending.
+ Finished rewriting crop manipulation code, but it is disabled until Minecraft 1.7
* Frost and burn cool down now involve a biome's temperature and moisture, as well as rain and water blocks.
* Frost's slowness factor is now dependent on time
* Burns are no longer fully avoidable by being in water
* Fixed bugs with the hidden items
- Disabled frost/burn effect (will return in Minecraft 1.7)

Terms and Conditions, Downloads

Spoiler:

Frequently Asked Questions

Spoiler:

Assets, Resource Pack Support, Languages

The Seasons Mod supports the usage of Resource Packs. A collection of all the currently-used assets can be found here. When Language support is fully added, language files will be added here.
The non-Autumn texture sheets for grass and leaves are the normal texture sheets for grass and leaves; The Seasons Mod changes the temperature and moisture of the area, which changes where on the texture sheet the color comes from.

Posted Image
All donations will be used directly towards my mods,
including getting and keeping official game servers.

Banners

Thanks, Brockwurst, for these wonderful banners!

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1482770-][img]http://i.imgur.com/c7tGv.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1482770-][img]http://i.imgur.com/CAO2x.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1482770-][img]http://i.imgur.com/HZgpE.png[/img][/url]

Credits

I would like to give a tremendous thanks to the people that worked with this mod before I started. Thank you
Nandonalt, for creating the original mod;
Trak, for updating and reviving the mod after Nandonalt; and
RAWRMaD, for assisting Trak in updating and maintaining the mod before graciously letting me take over.
It is a great honour to me to update, lead, and shape the legacy that has become of The Seasons Mod.

I would also like to thank everyone that made the content that is (and will be) posted above and below, both on this and other pages of this thread, and everyone that helped discover bugs, letting me focus on writing code.

Parallel Projects

WeatherPony Modification Loader (WPML) - repository
Minecraft Mod loaders aim to hinder further base edits to Minecraft for the sake of compatibility. The aim behind WPML is the exact opposite - make base edits easier to make for the sake of compatibility.
This tool is being designed to load edits for base classes and improve compatibility between internal mods that would otherwise conflict by providing a basic API that's easy to implement yet offer lots of power at the same time.
WPML is still in development.

WeatherPony Utilities (WPUtil)
WPUtil is a collection of utilities I've made in my time modding, and deals mostly with data management and manipulation. The Seasons Mod uses a highly stripped version of this, while WPAPI contains a more complete version.
WPUtil contains no base edits and relatively few direct referances to Minecraft. It contains some dependancies on Forge.

WeatherPony API (WPAPI) - MCF thread repository
Aiming to add localized weather, dynamically generated tools, colored lights, cinimatic support, and more, WPAPI is an API to the Minecraftian "impossible." While it is still deep in development, it is more developed in some areas than even Forge is (especially with hooks for armors, tools, crafting, and enchanting).
WPAPI is always open to new ideas and content. It is built on top of Forge.

Seasons II
The successor to The Seasons Mod, "Seasons II" will be everything The Seasons Mod ever could have possibally become, all rolled into one. It will be made using WPAPI (which is built on top of Forge).
Seasons II is currently having recruiting for programmers, musicians, and texture-makers. If you're interested, please check out this thread. The "application" is just to get a sense of skill, and shouldn't be taken very rigidly.

go to top of post

If you want my attention in a thread that's not mine, please quote me.
If I said I'd do something and haven't, please remind me; I didn't lie, I just forgot.
I program
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Mattie1304

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

Cool :Diamond:

TheFFFUUUguy
  • Minecraft: TFguy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

Never thought of seasons in Minecraft, this takes the game to a new level. Great bonuses for each season Posted Image Posted Image

I'll make a review in Spanish; would you like me to post the link here when it's uploaded?
99% chance this post has been ninja'd. Also this.

Drakynnan
  • Minecraft: Drakynnan

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

AWESOME!!! :D
Posted Image

The_WeatherPony

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

By all means, TheFFFUUUguy. This mod hasn't had any new publicity or updates for a while, so I would love it if you would.
Brohoof? /)

If I said I'd do something and haven't, please remind me; I didn't lie, I just forgot.
I program
Posted Image

nogluten
    nogluten

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Minecraft: nogluten

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:26 PM

Will this be updated to 1.3.2?

TheFFFUUUguy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

View Postdavfrs, on 16 September 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

By all means, TheFFFUUUguy. This mod hasn't had any new publicity or updates for a while, so I would love it if you would.
Brohoof? /)

I'll gladly do it... *(\

RAWRMaD
    RAWRMaD

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • Minecraft: RAWRMaD

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:58 PM

This mod has the RAWRMaD seal of approval!

Posted Image

LEAT117
    LEAT117

Carpenter

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

EPIC!!!

The_WeatherPony

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

View PostTheFFFUUUguy, on 16 September 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

I'll gladly do it
Hope I'm not too late to tell you this, but my name is pronounced by spelling it out quickly. If I'm too late and you've already recorded, then, oops... my bad. But I don't think I've ever met someone that pronounced it correctly the first time they saw me.Posted Image
EDIT: changed name. This pronunciation was for the old, not the new one.

View Postnogluten, on 16 September 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Will this be updated to 1.3.2?
It will be... but there are things that need to be done first such as turning it into a Forge-based mod and a slew of under-the-hood changes. I might make a promotional (non-supported) version for 1.3.2 after making this for Forge, but no guarantee on that. The changes will be well worth the wait for a supported 1.3.2, trust me. Posted Image
My current guess is that I'll have a fully-Forge-base version within a month. (But then I said I'd have a 1.2.5 version within a week to RAWRMaD, and I had it in 2 and a half days, so... earliest is a week?)

In the meantime, don't use this with Forge if you want the world to look it's best... the two don't play perfectly together yet. It's not a crashing issue, but Forge doesn't let mods do what this one tries to. I'll explain more when I make the Forge update.
EDIT: Made a compatibility patch for Forge build 152.

I program
Posted Image

RAWRMaD
    RAWRMaD

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 454 posts
  • Minecraft: RAWRMaD

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:28 AM

Hello, I'm back again.

If you want to use the banners and my signature for this OP, you may.

Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/962758-11145the-seasons-mod/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/c7tGv.png[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/962758-11145the-seasons-mod/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CAO2x.png[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/962758-11145the-seasons-mod/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HZgpE.png[/IMG][/url]

Special thanks to Brockwurst for this fantastic job!

Posted Image

Neon_ColorsFTW22
  • Minecraft: NeonColorsAero

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Still have my hopes up until the mod gets updated...

For now i'll wait.

Posted Image

TheFFFUUUguy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

View Postdavfrs, on 17 September 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Hope I'm not too late to tell you this, but my name is pronounced by spelling it out quickly. If I'm too late and you've already recorded, then, oops... my bad. But I don't think I've ever met someone that pronounced it correctly the first time they saw me.Posted Image

No, will do it this afternoon (that being in 10h)

fetusthebard

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

IT"S ALIVE!!!
I feel like an evil scientist now. Imma go dissect something.
Posted Image

The_WeatherPony

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

First 24 hours of the thread have passed. (This was just after the 24 hour period.) 13 replies, 400 views, and 55 downloads.
I started looking through Forge, and am overwhelmed for now. The feeling'll pass, but just in case, in a few hours from now, I'll try to whip together a compatibility patch so it can be used with Forge mods sooner, even though it wouldn't be a Forge mod itself. Making it Forge-based is still going to be my next major checkpoint, though.

I program
Posted Image

Dogtag93

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

I cannot express to you the amount of love I am feeling for you right now.

TheFFFUUUguy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

View PostTheFFFUUUguy, on 17 September 2012 - 05:02 AM, said:

No, will do it this afternoon (that being in 10h)

Somehow minecraft doesn't want to load it...Been trying for half an hour already and crashlog isn't helpful at all.
Sorry :'(

The_WeatherPony

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

My guess is that it's an issue with the ModLoader being for 1.3.2. It took me a while to find one for 1.2.5...
And so,

Made a compatibility patch for Forge 3.3.8 build 152 and added it to the download list. It's only a patch, and still requires v2.1.

(An easy way to check if it was a wrong version of ModLoader is to use MagicLauncher. MagicLauncher also lets you see the output log that isn't saved to file, but I think I removed most/all of the logging to that one. Still might help, though.)

I program
Posted Image

Dogtag93

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

View Postdavfrs, on 17 September 2012 - 05:11 PM, said:

My guess is that it's an issue with the ModLoader being for 1.3.2. It took me a while to find one for 1.2.5...
And so,

Made a compatibility patch for Forge 3.3.8 build 152 and added it to the download list. It's only a patch, and still requires v2.1.

(An easy way to check if it was a wrong version of ModLoader is to use MagicLauncher. MagicLauncher also lets you see the output log that isn't saved to file, but I think I removed most/all of the logging to that one. Still might help, though.)
I also noticed if you're using optifine, if you have Natural Textures on, it crashes your game. I don't know if this is useful or not.

SpAcE_mOnKeY126
  • Minecraft: SpAcE_mOnKeY126

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

crashed when starting up a world
Spoiler:

Posted Image