We will likely not update immediately after 1.4. Also, we will have a fresh map upon updating.
Society Rising is back!
Community is a crucial element of Minecraft SMP. Here, at Society Rising, we believe in having a small yet outstanding community building and surviving cooperatively. Also, we believe in the vanilla core of this great game, so we run no game-affecting plugins. We stand out among the freebuild and PVP servers dominating today’s SMP scene by offering a close-knit and friendly community alongside town-based building.
Society Rising originally was started in late 2011 shortly after Minecraft’s full release. Almost a year later, the original three admins are returning with a new and better than ever Society Rising. Many of the original dedicated members also return, ready to create more high-quality buildings and make the server great again. Society Rising has an exciting future!
We also pride ourselves in our excellent staff team. Just like you, we play fairly and will never spawn items for ourselves or anyone, and all builds are made in survival with legitimate materials.
The server is hosted in Chicago, but our members come from many parts of the world!
Rules (follow dem):
- Golden rule: don’t be a dick. Apply common sense. Don't start stupid fights. Don't be pretentious. We're aware that this is a broad rule, but if we call you out on this rule please respect our analysis of your behavior.
- Don’t grief. Seriously, just… don’t. Breaking into people’s houses/farms/whatever is considered griefing.
- No stealing. We can track this, guys.
- Respect the staff and listen to what they say—they know what they’re doing! If you think that a staff member is being abusive, please inform another staff member.
- Cheats/hacks of any kind will get you banned.
- Ask permission before using any outside mod that may give an unfair advantage. X-Ray, Smart Moving, and similar mods are forbidden.
- Try not to build ugly things (ex. cobble box houses, noob towers) or destroy the landscape (ex. chopping down entire forests).
- If you trigger a creeper explosion, clean up after yourself, ESPECIALLY on other people's property and in towns!
- Act honorably with PvP; no attacking people for no reason.
Kisume (Head Admin & Owner)
Piemane (#1 Most Beautiful Admin)
superdupernova (Probably a serial killer)
Blazerboy123 (Excellent Taco Ingredient)
Nodopp (100% Native Alaskan Salmon)
Giffca (Married to a cow)
The mostly rural town of Oakcrest is the most populated town in Rising and the first place seen by new arrivals. Spread over a large area including multiple biomes, Oakcrest lines a large segment of the mighty Oakcrest River. Most residents keep farms and livestock, and living is safe and laid-back. Still, it is a lively town and the center of the land of Rising. Points of interest include the spawn building, Beacon Island Lighthouse, Super's Bakery, Riverside Books, Taxi Tower, and Blaze's Alchemy.
Screenshots of Oakcrest:
South of Oakcrest lies Port Starson. A small port town, it has become a more isolated and laid-back place to live than Oakcrest, the spawn town. It straddles multiple biomes, including the vast ocean. A project is currently underway to connect it to Oakcrest by rail.
Screenshots of Port Starson:
Age (no need to lie, we don't discriminate):
When did you start playing Minecraft?:
Have you ever been banned? Why? (honesty is key):
Tell us a bit about yourself:
Finally, we'd like to thank our host, BeastNode, for being amazing. <3
Also, thank you to Giffca for making our banner up there!
Old map downloads: