• Please log in to reply
7199 replies to this topic

Ouatcheur
    Ouatcheur

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1216 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Make zoomed maps crafted from empty maps.

I once tried to map an ocean. I found completely stupid creating a map, going by boat to activate it's center point, and THEN having to return to my base to zoom the map, then going back out again.

Also, when you zoom a map you lose all the data ion it, so its obvious you should instead FIRST fully create the map at the desired zoom level and THEN you start using it.

I'm not saying to necessarily remove the current way, just please add a more straightforward way too please :

The "zoomed" map should be done straight by using the empty map, BEFORE activating the map's center, and THEN you go out and START USING this zoomed empty map to make it into real map.   Also, for zoomed empty maps, the map center should round out not to the nearest 128-blocks section, but to the nearest 256, 510, 1014 or 2048, depending on the zoom level.

I'd also make maps have a name tag that varies according to the zoom level:

zoom 0 - tiny map  (example: tiny empty map, or tiny map #3)
zoom 1 - small map
zoom 2 - medium map
zoom 3 - large map
zoom 4 - huge map

That would really help using maps a lot.  It would also avoid "wasting" map numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 before getting your "correct" map using map #5.

Also, when there are no more maps of a given map #, then that map # should be allowed to be "recycled" for future maps.

Register or log in to remove.

marts12321
  • Minecraft: marts12321

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

I think there should be colored leather like if you kill a mushroom you get red leather.
For food there should be oranges,mango,rock melon and plums.
For weapons there should be an ice sword that freezes things so they're slow.
I also think there should be a temperature bar that sees if you're to cold and if its low you freeze to death and have to respawn.
P.S( i think it should be wooden, stone,gold, iron then diamond.
marts12321:)
WOOT WOOT!

Jray05
    Jray05

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

What happens if something is locked

kude42
    kude42

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1289 posts
  • Minecraft: Kude42

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostJray05, on 28 January 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

What happens if something is locked

Excuse me?

Ryoami2011

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

i have a couple of suggestion for adding to the minecraft.
1. beds that are the same colour as the wool used to make them
2. Mobs that are named (ie a zombie name frank) that don't despawn untill killed by player/s or something else (ie lava or sunlight etc)
3. fish in the water, so you know what your catching.
4. birds outside.
5. heads (as in skulls) of the rest of the mobs, like enderman, slime, spider, villager, etc.

thats it for now. i hope that someone from mojang will read this & add these things to the game as they would make it even more awesome than it already is =)

anyway thanx.

FazzyMan14

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

make chocolate and make it crafted with 9 cocoa beans like this

ooo
ooo
ooo

JLHoppman
  • Minecraft: JLHoppman

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostFazzyMan14, on 28 January 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

make chocolate and make it crafted with 9 cocoa beans like this

ooo
ooo
ooo

We would need to add sugar and milk in there somehow... And the chocolate would have a chance to give an effect of speed, or strength, or some other positive potion... =)
I'm looking for a whitelisted, vanilla server! (Similar to Mindcrack)
If you are a part of one, want to start one, or own one, please PM me.
-JLHoppman

articz82
    articz82

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

How about adding a name filter for command blocks?
something like-
testfor @p[name=<username>] would be a really big help for mapmakers.

View PostRyoami2011, on 28 January 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

i have a couple of suggestion for adding to the minecraft.
1. beds that are the same colour as the wool used to make them
2. Mobs that are named (ie a zombie name frank) that don't despawn untill killed by player/s or something else (ie lava or sunlight etc)
3. fish in the water, so you know what your catching.
4. birds outside.
5. heads (as in skulls) of the rest of the mobs, like enderman, slime, spider, villager, etc.

thats it for now. i hope that someone from mojang will read this & add these things to the game as they would make it even more awesome than it already is =)

anyway thanx.
What happens if you use multiple wool types to craft the beds?
Mobs that never die would bring even some of the best computers to their knees.

JustGlitter

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

maybe more things to do with wolves.Like you give them something certain and you can ride them. Or they have to eat on a daily minecraft day and theres little bowls made out of clay.There food should be like raw meat or something carnivore wise.At least something that make swolves more USLESS and actually have to do something with them! Idk many of you probably might not ike my idea but no hard feelings Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Zeside
    Zeside

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: Zeside

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hey, I can't imagine that this would be too radical of a proposition, but I would like to see the ability to copy written books. The mechanic for copying maps is already in place, so why not? You could just place a written book next to a book and quill to end up with two written books. I took the time to write two decent sized books for the SMP server I play on, but I simply don't want to hand my books over to other players I don't really know personally. Isn't that the point of books? To show other players your experiences in minecraft?

silvarra
    silvarra

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

I've already checked and didn't see this as part of any other suggestions. If someone has already said it I apologize. What about adding gold and silver dyes? Maybe make the silver the same as lapis so that it's only good for dyes and blocks, not tools or armor. Gold is the more tricky one since we can already use gold for several different items. Maybe get it from grinding up wheat? Glow stone dust would work, but it can sometimes be hard to get on over populated servers. Have a gold bar, perhaps, make 18 pieces of gold dust for dye?
To make silver and gold stand out from plain white and yellow, some sort of sparkle effect could be used. I'm not saying glittery per se, but maybe something like the effect that comes from the sparkling fireworks that were recently added.  
Either way, it's another idea among the thousands here that will probably never get used but would still be nice to see.

DJ_PyraD
    DJ_PyraD

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Minecraft: DJ_PyroD

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

I would like to see redstone that only fills a halfblock and a current source that does the same. I lime making stair and halfslab roofs on pavilions and sheds but I cant light them with redstone lamps.
This would also help with having switched doors, being able to place them imetiately above the wire with he use of a halfslab.

Genouious
  • Minecraft: Lord_baigent

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Re-texture the iron door, something  a it more... prisony would be nice.

sc1020
    sc1020

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3138 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

While it is a bit unoriginal, I suggest Wither Armor. The Wither will drop the Nether Star and one piece of the Wither Armor. While the armor is as durable as Leather armor and has the armor points of gold armor, a full set of Wither Armor makes you invincible to arrows. One piece will make you take 25% less damage from arrows, two pieces, 50%, etc. I didn't want to make it super OP so that's why I gave it the bad durability and bad armor points.

BeetBowl
  • Minecraft: FlareTide

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I suggest a command block command that removes all or some potion effects from a player, since when there's a sign in an adventure map that says "DRINK ME", some people like to cheat it and not drink the milk.

sc1020
    sc1020

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3138 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

View PostFlareTide, on 30 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

I suggest a command block command that removes all or some potion effects from a player, since when there's a sign in an adventure map that says "DRINK ME", some people like to cheat it and not drink the milk.
That would be cool. Or maybe if you do /clear [potion effect id]

The potion effect id is the number after the colon in a potion's name.

Coalshower
  • Minecraft: CoalShower

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Rarely get damaged leather armor from fishing. Sometimes even enchanted.

Why? Why not.

Posted Image

lajube
    lajube

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 472 posts
  • Minecraft: TrapperJ

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostFlareTide, on 30 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

Put a hopper that accepts an empty bucket.  They can't move on until the bucket is empty.
Crocodile Hunter.
My thread: Life as a Nomadic Trapper: http://www.minecraft...nomadic-trapper

Gloa_Aresinger

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

I am sure this was already suggested but y dont they have a skin folder in the .minecraft folder just like texpax so u could make changing ur skinn much easier and i woudnd have lost mine  when they changed it to the page?¿
Posted Image

Epik
    Epik

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1171 posts
  • Minecraft: theEPiK1
  • Xbox:techiepad

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostGloa_Aresinger, on 30 January 2013 - 05:27 AM, said:

I am sure this was already suggested but y dont they have a skin folder in the .minecraft folder just like texpax so u could make changing ur skinn much easier and i woudnd have lost mine  when they changed it to the page?¿
Nobody would see your skin that way though... and you can already access the char image in the minecraft.jar file.