• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

1.7 Eronev 2: The Soul Cauldron [ADV+CTM] [Have you challenged the Cauldron?]

hybrid ctm adventure eronev 2 eronev mansion adventure redstone puzzles custom map pumpkin halloween

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

View Posthalosammy, on 24 December 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

I just did a speed run through the map, could I have a version with cheats enabled so I can look for secrets without having to worry about a glop of lava falling on my head?

You could just enable cheats with nbtexplorer or some such tool.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Skippy90
    Skippy90

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

For some reason when I'm in the final boss fight, Minecraft keeps crashing at exactly the same moment. Is this something anyone else has had and/or does anyone know how to fix it! I'm really enjoying the map and desperately want to finish it!

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

View PostSkippy90, on 24 December 2012 - 07:01 PM, said:

For some reason when I'm in the final boss fight, Minecraft keeps crashing at exactly the same moment. Is this something anyone else has had and/or does anyone know how to fix it! I'm really enjoying the map and desperately want to finish it!

Which moment is that? pm me for details. If you can upload a save file, I could take a look at it for you too and try to figure out if its your pc or if it happens to me as well.
Posted Image

Peach774

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

anyway to make this map a little less laggy its dragging on my computer and i normally get 30 in game but this map is like 10

killkill85
  • Minecraft: killkill85

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

So,any updates planned?
Maybe an "expansion" update,adding a whole bunch of new content and a few very long,difficult dungeons with some DOPE loot in them,maybe even telling a bit of story or lore?
I  don't need a signature,I am a signature.

Keeltoll said:

Yo dawg I heard you like playing Portal so now you can play Portal while playing Minecraft while going to Hell.

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostPeach774, on 31 December 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

anyway to make this map a little less laggy its dragging on my computer and i normally get 30 in game but this map is like 10

Not really. sorry :(

View Postkillkill85, on 01 January 2013 - 10:31 AM, said:

So,any updates planned?
Maybe an "expansion" update,adding a whole bunch of new content and a few very long,difficult dungeons with some DOPE loot in them,maybe even telling a bit of story or lore?

Not for this map. It's done and I'd rather look ahead and make new maps like The Flood which released just a few days ago.

Posted Image

quadrupedal_pink_equine

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

View PostPeach774, on 31 December 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

View PostJigarbov, on 02 January 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Not really. sorry :(

Well I've found the source of the lag everyone's complaining about. It's a combination of the lava and all those iron bars and nether brick fences you practically built the entire map surface out of. Those are the 3 laggiest blocks in the entire game.

I can get rid of the lava with this bucket, but it'd take me years to manually destroy all those iron bar trees in creative mode.

If you don't do something about this, I and clearly many other players cannot play your map. Please do something about it. >.< You could remove all the lag trees and half the surface lava and that'd probably fix it.

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

View Postquadrupedal_pink_equine, on 04 January 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Well I've found the source of the lag everyone's complaining about. It's a combination of the lava and all those iron bars and nether brick fences you practically built the entire map surface out of. Those are the 3 laggiest blocks in the entire game.

I can get rid of the lava with this bucket, but it'd take me years to manually destroy all those iron bar trees in creative mode.

If you don't do something about this, I and clearly many other players cannot play your map. Please do something about it. >.< You could remove all the lag trees and half the surface lava and that'd probably fix it.

I'll release an update at the same time as 1.5 just in case any redstone bugs break Eronev 2 aswell. It'll be the "reduced lag" edition removing the trees and cut down on the overall lava content.. Sorry for having to make you wait a little longer :(
Posted Image

quadrupedal_pink_equine

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostJigarbov, on 05 January 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'll release an update at the same time as 1.5 just in case any redstone bugs break Eronev 2 aswell. It'll be the "reduced lag" edition removing the trees and cut down on the overall lava content.. Sorry for having to make you wait a little longer :(

well after manually getting rid of ALL the surface lava and cranking optifine to bare bones I got it to 8-10 fps, which is doable.

I've actually gotten pretty far, I'm missing:

Spoiler:

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postquadrupedal_pink_equine, on 07 January 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

well after manually getting rid of ALL the surface lava and cranking optifine to bare bones I got it to 8-10 fps, which is doable.

I've actually gotten pretty far, I'm missing:

Spoiler:

I thought the removal of the trees would cause for more improvement. Also there is no bug there :P Jarig's books are the ones written by Jarig. The first is the TODO list, the diary is the last one and there is one in the orb realm. Good luck :)
Posted Image

quadrupedal_pink_equine

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Updating after absolutely combing every dimension of the map to death with night vision:

Spoiler:

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Since my responses are in the below spoiler tags, I feel like I should mention here that while this map was one of my least downloaded ones, it's been super awesome getting feedback on it. So thanks to everyone who has made lp's and have come back to let me know how they went :)

View Postquadrupedal_pink_equine, on 08 January 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Updating after absolutely combing every dimension of the map to death with night vision:

Spoiler:

Posted Image

quadrupedal_pink_equine

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

It figures that I missed the dragon egg because it was pitch black on a pitch black background. It's a miracle I found the enderman egg.

Anyway, the moment of truth:

Spoiler:
And with that I'm done with the map. :D The main story was fantastic, but God help anyone who aims for 100% completion. Still worth at least trying, there's tons of fun easter eggs to bump into.

theBluelightningWizard

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

c'est bon, c'est tres bon!
Posted Image

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postquadrupedal_pink_equine, on 08 January 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

It figures that I missed the dragon egg because it was pitch black on a pitch black background. It's a miracle I found the enderman egg.

Anyway, the moment of truth:

Spoiler:
And with that I'm done with the map. Posted Image The main story was fantastic, but God help anyone who aims for 100% completion. Still worth at least trying, there's tons of fun easter eggs to bump into.

Very impressive job and I'm glad you finally got around to playing it! (and even completing it!) and yes, the platform you bridged to the eyes from were made of bedrock... so no bridging xD
Posted Image

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Added a little bit of text at the start to clarify for lp's you're allowed to use the eronev 2 theme that bassgoat was awesome enough to make.
Posted Image

xissamiwa

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

awesome map men keep up the good work!

aaroncfj
  • Minecraft: aaroncfj

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

I played it and every 5 seconds it crashed. I tried to upload the crash.txt but it was too long. is said there were too many item frames and mobs basicly. I can't even get past the first bedrock room cos' severy time I try to brew a potion of fire resistance it crashes. I'm using the 13w02b snapshot.

P.S. i'm the dude who asked you if I could use "henrov's amour" in my map.
why don't you look at  my youtube channel. Who knows, I might add your name in my vidios!

Flying_Bat

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Sorry I haven't replied for so long since I said I would be trying this map, it's just that when you said it was hard on the first post. I didn't think you meant "hard" XD  I actually kinda rage quited. But now I'm back to try this map :) (Hopefully I won't rage quit ) XD

Posted Image

Jigarbov
    Jigarbov

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1392 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

View Postaaroncfj, on 17 January 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

I played it and every 5 seconds it crashed. I tried to upload the crash.txt but it was too long. is said there were too many item frames and mobs basicly. I can't even get past the first bedrock room cos' severy time I try to brew a potion of fire resistance it crashes. I'm using the 13w02b snapshot.

P.S. i'm the dude who asked you if I could use "henrov's amour" in my map.

I haven't tested it in the latest snapshot, There is probably a compatibility error somewhere. I would avoid using it if you want to play the map and stick with 1.4.7~

View PostFlying_Bat, on 18 January 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

Sorry I haven't replied for so long since I said I would be trying this map, it's just that when you said it was hard on the first post. I didn't think you meant "hard" XD  I actually kinda rage quited. But now I'm back to try this map Posted Image (Hopefully I won't rage quit ) XD

Good luck! It's actually not too hard as long as you remember you can do anything :D
Posted Image