• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.4/5] Layman Mod Maker (In-game mod maker) - Simplicity Reinvented. (DISCONTINUED)

layman modmaker vazkii forge 1.4.2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
854 replies to this topic

Poll: [1.4.4/5] Layman Mod Maker (In-game mod maker) - Simplicity Reinvented. (DISCONTINUED) (465 member(s) have cast votes)

What features are in demand (because they are doesn't mean I'll add them, this is just survey data)

1. Tools/armor (293 votes [10.21%])

Percentage of vote: 10.21%

2. Mobs (270 votes [9.40%])

Percentage of vote: 9.40%

3. Music (113 votes [3.94%])

Percentage of vote: 3.94%

4. Dimensions (217 votes [7.56%])

Percentage of vote: 7.56%

5. Biomes (198 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

6. Failsafes (70 votes [2.44%])

Percentage of vote: 2.44%

7. Help Menus (100 votes [3.48%])

Percentage of vote: 3.48%

8. Furnaces (139 votes [4.84%])

Percentage of vote: 4.84%

9. Installer (112 votes [3.90%])

Percentage of vote: 3.90%

10. Chests (156 votes [5.43%])

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

11. Stairs/Slabs/Fences/Other block types (151 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

12. Dungeon Loot (156 votes [5.43%])

Percentage of vote: 5.43%

13. Villager Trades (162 votes [5.64%])

Percentage of vote: 5.64%

14. Scripting (95 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

15. Crops (159 votes [5.54%])

Percentage of vote: 5.54%

16. More Worldgen types (140 votes [4.88%])

Percentage of vote: 4.88%

17. Schematic Importing (92 votes [3.20%])

Percentage of vote: 3.20%

18. HD Texture Support (118 votes [4.11%])

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

19. In-game mod database (130 votes [4.53%])

Percentage of vote: 4.53%

Vote

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2529 posts
  • Minecraft: Vazkii

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:24 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

(It currently does not work in SMP, but it should be coming...)

Posted Image

If you are having an issue you MUST upload your .dat file and the error report (in it's entirety).

You can get the .dat file for your mod by pressing "Open User Mods Folder" on the main GUI, if that doesn't work, .minecraft/usermods.

Before posting a question, read the ENTIRE thread and at least the last 3 pages, if it's a crash, put the error report in spoiler and code tags, saying "It crashed" won't suffice.

Not doing what is said here will most likely get you ignored with no support whatsoever received, you have been warned, don't complain.

Posted Image

Requires Minecraft Forge and Vazcore (Mods Section)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Playlist of Layman Mod Maker Videos (Includes Tutorials)

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Current Version: 1.2 (1.4.4-5) - File is for both Client and Server sides (LAN).

For Addon Developers:

Download LMM AddonDev Package [R1]

(Contains LMM 1.2, VazCore 1.0.7, Update Manager 3.1)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like the mod? Why not wear the banner around to spread the word? Posted Image
Posted Image(highlight the image and press CTRL-C, right clicking and pressing copy image won't work.)

Posted Image

Spoiler:

Like my work? Why not buy me some Skittles?

Posted Image

Stalk me on:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

YouTube Twitter Tumblr Steam

Posted Image
Made a mod? Share it! Like what you see? + the thread Posted Image

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

Register or log in to remove.

drakola15975342456545

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

OMG just epic!
Edit1: Do i have to just copy the vazkii folder into my jar or the class files inside it because my magiclauncher keep saying: no mods found,
Edit2:  I get htis error
Spoiler:

Edited by drakola15975342456545, 12 September 2012 - 06:34 PM.

AntVenom
    AntVenom

Yes, It's Really Me.

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Minecraft: AntVenom

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

An installation guide would be nice.

I have no idea where these things belong. It doesn't follow the conventional folder formatting of a typical mod, and the ways I've tried so far are not working. Can you throw out a quick "where to put the folders" post, because I'm having no luck installing this, or the other required mod for this.

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2529 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

View PostAntVenom, on 12 September 2012 - 06:27 PM, said:

An installation guide would be nice.

I have no idea where these things belong. It doesn't follow the conventional folder formatting of a typical mod, and the ways I've tried so far are not working. Can you throw out a quick "where to put the folders" post, because I'm having no luck installing this, or the other required mod for this.

Sure thing, download forge (you need 4.1+) and place it in the jar, then download vazcore and this and drop the zips in the mods folder. Cheers ant, love your videos Posted Image

EDIT: There's a known crash with forge, if you're getting it, try wiping your jar and re-installing forge from scratch.

I make mods... Check out my website or Twitter. If you like my mods consider supporting me on Patreon.

AntVenom
    AntVenom

Yes, It's Really Me.

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Messing with it now, just got that diamond generation thing to work in about 1 minute of messing with it. I would LOVE to see some sort of "reload minecraft button" that will reload it enough so the mod can take effect without having to restart the game.

overall though, fun mod. cant wait to review it ;)

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2529 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

View PostAntVenom, on 12 September 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

Messing with it now, just got that diamond generation thing to work in about 1 minute of messing with it. I would LOVE to see some sort of "reload minecraft button" that will reload it enough so the mod can take effect without having to restart the game.

overall though, fun mod. cant wait to review it Posted Image

I can't seem to figure out a possible way of doing that, it'll do the exact same as if you happened to reload minecraft, I could force modloader to reload the mods, but I can't wipe out all the data that they write to begin with. And I can't wait to see your review ;)

AntVenom
    AntVenom

Yes, It's Really Me.

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Tried to make a crafting recipe for a dimaond block (a cheap one lol), did not work. It keeps saying the correct syntax is 'ID:Metadata' no matter what I input.

Mypetdalek

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image AWESOME!! Posted Image

Now we can all make our own stuff for adventure maps!

AntVenom
    AntVenom

Yes, It's Really Me.

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Nevermind, I got it. I think if you just input like "264", it should default to 264:0

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2529 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

View Postdrakola15975342456545, on 12 September 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

OMG just epic!
Edit1: Do i have to just copy the vazkii folder into my jar or the class files inside it because my magiclauncher keep saying: no mods found,
Edit2:  I get htis error
Spoiler:

Update Forge, that's a known issue.

RMcT1
    RMcT1

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Never thought something like this could be made which such results. Amazing job.

Wreckage
    Wreckage

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1332 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hmm, I can create a new block but I can not seem to get my texture to render. I have the images loaded but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  I might need a step by step. Great mod! Need Tuts.
My only limitation is my lack of imagination.  I can't code but I can build Adventure Maps. :)
Compilation Map  Adventure Map  Four Towers Full Edition and Jump and Ladders plus  Halls of Thorn.

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2529 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostWreckage, on 12 September 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Hmm, I can create a new block but I can not seem to get my texture to render. I have the images loaded but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  I might need a step by step. Great mod! Need Tuts.

It tells you to set a texture name when you create an image, when you're gonna set the sprite for your block, you have to set the exact same name (yes, casing counts). And if it renders as grey dirt reload minecraft.

Xaenik
    Xaenik

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Well this is oddly convenient O.o i was just thinking to myself 'Roar, i need to learn to mod so i can make items for my WIP ADV map... if only there was an easier way'  lol. One question though, i know it says items but is it possible to make weapons too?

Vazkii
    Vazkii

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2529 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostXaenik, on 12 September 2012 - 07:30 PM, said:

Well this is oddly convenient O.o i was just thinking to myself 'Roar, i need to learn to mod so i can make items for my WIP ADV map... if only there was an easier way'  lol. One question though, i know it says items but is it possible to make weapons too?

No, currently only foods, I do not plan on adding any type of tools or armor really, as I said, I want to keep this to the fair basic. I could, don't take me wrong, and if you want, you can make a plugin for the mod since it's open source, but as I said this is meant to be for the basic things only, nothing special.

Xaenik
    Xaenik

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Alrighty, i may look into making a plugin

Downloader1337

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

I like your idea. I never thought this was possible.

Also, the question comes to mind, but will you ever make a way to create randomly generated structures, like new temples and such? I would really love to see that.

Draco18s
    Draco18s

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3397 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Holy smokes, what is this I'm seeing.  A mod to make mods‽
Shit man, that's awesome.

Few questions:

I see you say that in terms of new items, it can only make food.  What about other non-block, non-food items, such as diamonds (that is, things that are only used in recipes)?

When you say "share the mod easily (1 file)" does that mean all they need is the one file, or do they also need [Forge|Vazcore|etc.] too?

What about new buildings (things with a GUI, i.e. furnace, chest, brewing stand, etc.)?

What about new 3D models, (things like fences, half-blocks, brewing stand models, etc.)?

What about blocks that take/emit redstone signals?
Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Wreckage
    Wreckage

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1332 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

View PostVazkii, on 12 September 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

It tells you to set a texture name when you create an image, when you're gonna set the sprite for your block, you have to set the exact same name (yes, casing counts). And if it renders as grey dirt reload minecraft.
Ok, thanks. I think I found one of my troubles, I tried loading a 128x128 texture. Is or will there be HD support?
My only limitation is my lack of imagination.  I can't code but I can build Adventure Maps. :)
Compilation Map  Adventure Map  Four Towers Full Edition and Jump and Ladders plus  Halls of Thorn.

hydrosistalon

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

So it's a mod to create mods inside the mod? Modception!!!!!!!! Also it looks cool and easy to use.